Phd student

>phd student
>have to work 12 hours a day
>only time to work out is at 10 pm at night

is working out at night fucking up my gains Veeky Forums?

you'd think a phd student wouldn't ask such stupid questions

Go to bed early and work out in the morning dummy

I am too tired from the previous day so waking up early in the morning is very hard for me

probably but only because you're not eating enough right afterwards. So you're lifting, probably downing a protein shake or quick meal, then fasting for 6-8 hours which is not ideal for gains. Either eat more after working out or just workout early morning.

but what if you are eating enough throughout the entire day?

No it's not. You stay up too late. There is literally no difference in the amount of time you will be awake. The only difference is if you work out in the morning, you will have more energy during the day.

Poor soul, I feel bad for you and for every wagecuck here.

I used to have to work out after midnight due to my work schedule and would have to wake up at 9 the next day. The thing is, chronic under sleeping will drastically hinder gains and will likely lead to an injury in the gym.

Been finding it pretty hard to balance med school and working out recently

Yeah some people will tell you all that matters is total calories in a day, but that's bullshit. Research it and you will see. It's not a good idea to eat 600 calories then fast for a long time, right after working out.

>you will have more energy during the day.

but if you spend your energy at the gym, how will you have more energy during the day?

i felt that when I work out in the morning I feel sleepy during the day....

No you don't. You only think that would happen because you have obviously never tried it.

Prioritise. If you give a fuck about your phd work then deprioritise the gym and reduce the amount of time you spend there.

Not true. It makes me feel much better when I work out in the morning before school/work.

>live way too far from work/school
>have to leave to work at 6 am everyday and by that time the only gym around is still opening

I keep telling to myself that its the best I can do right now but I just can't feel satisfied to work out at night.

I am not a morning person, I can't work out in the morning...

Do you guys do exercises like heavy deadlifts? Take a big compound movement and do it and you will be crushed for the rest of the day. At least it was like that for me, felt tired all day.

You need to eat big to get big, but don't forget what Rich said is his 3rd favorite thing besides training and eating.. SLEEPING. If you undersleep, you won't get gains.

I workout first thing in the morning before uni. Squat, deadlift, bench, whatever. Feel great all day. Makes me more assertive and better at math.
I do take a shower after gym

fucking experimentlet.

>tfw theory master race and literally get paid to dick around until I have a bright idea which makes / helps a paper

>waaah i'm too tired

Get used to it faggot. It isn't easy for most non-NEETs to lift and manage their lives. Some make it because they care, some don't. Sounds like we know which side you'll land on.

This.

Wtf are you doing OP. Which field? I got lucky, phd in math is the comfiest, as long as I get 4-5 hours with intense focus I can barely think the rest of the day.