I went into the gym to try my first Push day, but had some issues

I went into the gym to try my first Push day, but had some issues.

> Struggling to keep weights balanced in dumbell bench press
> Similar issue with overhead press
> Post workout, feeling it more in my biceps than anywhere else

Is this because of a combination of no core strength/ babby arms/ poor form? I'm thinking about the Cable Fly and how I would have been using my biceps rather than my chest to pull the things forward. Is it all down to poor form?

Should I be doing some particular routine to get my body to something like a starting point such that I can actually perform these exercises properly?

were you lifting just the bar?

Dumbells - I avoided the barbells, as they are meme fixed weight and that isn't going to work with progressive overload, but I'm so weak now that I could probably start with them for a bit(?)

>they are meme fixed weight and that isn't going to work with progressive overload
you're retarded

are there lighter dumbbells?

I think you got some stuff mixed up, wee lad.

The weights were hard to balance because they're heavy and you're new. Your biceps were heavily involved in balancing the weight, that's normal. Keep doing it, it'll get easier.

We can end this thread now.

>Done my research and read everything I can, lurked on Veeky Forums for months building up the courage
>Day 1 at the gym. Decided to go straight to a split
>Struggle with the dumbells as no accessory muscle strength
>Understand I'm using shit form on Cables and what I'm doing probably isn't the right thing
>Come home from gym, log on to Veeky Forums to ask what's the best way to get started
>DECIDE TO EDUCATE FIRST PERSON WHO REPLIES THAT BARBELLS ARE A FUCKING MEME NOW THAT I'M A PRO AFTER MY 1 DAY OF LIFTING
>Instantly contract AIDS and die

Read the sticky you cunt.

> Struggling to keep weights balanced in dumbell bench press

Imbalances are common when you're first starting.

> I avoided the barbells, as they are meme fixed weight

what. are you using those fixed-weight barbells? For bench press? stop

>don't do strength training! just do PPL!
>this

Mork Rippletits' Spurting Strongth plus Become Insane

I think he means the only barbells available at his gym are something like pic related

Indeed. Barbells are not a meme, I am well aware.

That's an ez bar, not a barbell. Is OP retarded?

you're probably just weak, maybe lower the weight, or just keep lifting with the same till it's not thaaat hard then keep progressing.

That's fine for starting out.
If you also want to use dumbbells, but can't balance the dumbells, use lighter ones, dummy. Yes, this means you won't be hitting your chest as hard as possible from the start. So what? If you aren't even strong enough to hold the weights why are you trying to lift them?
Don't do flies of any sort, they're a waste of time

Wow what the fuck is that.

Jesus there are some shitty gyms out there.

your stabilisers are very weak , use only free weights and always try to have perfect form and u'll see it works eventually

Most chain gyms have these with the ez curl bars. No idea what they're for. Weapons I guess?

It's your Central Nervous System (CNS). It's not used to these motions and the muscles involved. Your CNS will get swole with you.

>not practicing swordsmanship with a barbell
Why don't you want to make it?

Barbells make good lances but they're a bit long for hand to hand combat

That's even worse. If OP meant preweighted shit is the default related item to the word 'Barbell', then all hope is lost.

I was using dumbells for bench press because the barbells are fixed weights, but struggled to balance them.

>everyone suggesting SS/SL
>ain't nobody got time for dat
>do split
>shaking like Marty McFly
>moan on Congolese origami imageboard
>get berated
>lose all motivation
>get fat

RIP user, do SL next time

This is retarded. The same thing would have happened with every routine. He's just weak because he's new to the gym, unless he's doing a retarded routine with intermediate-advanced levels of volume and he's just shaking because of the tiredness.

You can do a PPL with low volume (obviously not the amount of volume SS and SL have but still) appropriate for a beginner.

It's literally a balance issue. I also had some problems with some of the exercises where my arms were giving way, but they weren't burning or anything. Like, giving up before they had actually been exercised properly.

Your stabilizer muscles are weaker then your primary ones. Also you have the CNS conditioning of a newborn calf. Just do th exercises at whatever weight you can properly lift for 5-10 reps. And don't do heavy curls or you'll get tendonitis

Sounds like just a balance issue OP . Nothing wrong with dumbbell chest press but if one of your arms is weaker than the other I'll just have to work it for a while until they get the same. Personally my right arm used to be imbalanced n stronger than my left in just about anything because that's my dominant arm.

Although If You're new id assume ur not lifting that much w dumbells...how high do those ez bars go up to?

Bros quick question, I can't seem to get my shoulders to feel anything when doing lateral raises or front raises. It's hard to explain but I can't either lift big enough to hurt them, and even with lower weights I can't seem to get enough reps to start feeling a burn. What gives?

That's not an ez bar, are you retarded?