Do i really have to buy all this shit in order to squat without hurting myself?

do i really have to buy all this shit in order to squat without hurting myself?

people might as well just stick to machines

Yeah, but the machines need quarters for each rep
It's cheaper at first to use machines only but over time, it's better to invest in anti-snap gear for barbell training

>Yeah, but the machines need quarters for each rep

is that why it's called a quarter rep?

Yea dude and don't forget to just load up 2pl8 in your first ever attempt without warming up cuz warming up is a meme. You should be able to squat your bodyweight for 10X10 for your first time

lifting shoes are the only thing that make the big difference out of all of those

if you wanna do real front squats and highbar squats like an athlete or an aesthetic fuck instead of a fat turd like alan thrall or a human golem like dan green then lifting shoes can help a lot, unless you have really good mobility already

but wouldn't the cushion in regular shoes just strengthen your stabilizing muscles more anyway?

>wearing wrist straps to squat

You don't need any of those.. some people don't even wear shoes to squat.. only thing I'd consider would be good flat lifting shoes and the knee wraps if ur squatting 400+lbs

>is this bait

Lifting heavy and low volume evolved as an economic revolt against (mainly Jewish-owned) coin operated resistance training machines.

Shit's stupid

I go to a college gym so it's consumerist shilling as fuck, saw some pajeet with chalk, wraps, and belt going ham on 185lb squats. I squat 5 lbs below that as a DYEL and I struggled less than he did.

Moved over to deadlifts, see fat fuck doing 2.5plates but with obvious muscular unbalance because he's been only doing mixed grip from the start so his right trap is like 3x the size of his left

Might need that for squatting the kind of weight layne squats, but he did explode his knees or something so y'know

no you fucking idiot I squat without shoes on or any belt or other bullshit and safely go 1.5xbodyweight for reps

all that stuff u is nice to have i guess OP, but not necessary at all

until I hit 3 plates for reps I'm not going to consider using anything

Don't forget your sandals.

I squat 285 x 5 and I'm basically naked (home gym).

Also, 145lb chink manlet

Squat more than 2pl8 then start talking. Your barely out of the tutorial.

>I lift for girls and aesthetics
Just get the shoes, squat high bar, and don't bother progressing past 3pl8 for reps
>I want to be strong
Get a belt and knee sleeves, and learn to low bar squat
>I want to be a powerlifter
Decide if you're going equipped or not and purchase accordingly

I don't get why you faggots overcomplicate everything

Is there any truth to this?

No. In fact your squats don't even count if you use any of those you massive pussy

"lifting with regular shoes is like lifting on a mattress" - Rip