The protein "myth" has been floating around for generations. Historically...

The protein "myth" has been floating around for generations. Historically, it can be traced to Milo of Crotona in the sixth century B.C. He was a famous Greek athlete who was considered to be one of the strongest men in ancient Greece. He had won wrestling victories in 5 Olympic games as well as in other sacred festivals.

Legend has it that Milo applied progressive resistance in the form of lifting a growing calf daily. By the time the calf was 4-years-old Milo carried it the length of the Olympian stadium, and then proceeded to kill, roast and consume it. Milos' daily consumption of meat was recorded at approximately 20 pounds a day.

When we fast-forward to the era of the sixties and seventies we find there was a renewed hype about protein being some sort of miracle food. This was due, largely, to the muscle magazines of the era which pushed protein and claimed it could make you grow as big as a god!

As a result, many bodybuilders and strength trainers started to consume large quantities of whole milk, meat and eggs.

Excessive protein, can cause a variety of body ailments--such as kidney and heart disease, constipation, and osteoporosis. These are often cited as the main reason one would want to steer clear of a diet rich in protein

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah bro! Protein sucks! Fuck the system!
I eat nothing but red beets and dirt juice every fucking day, and i'm jacked!

Stay dry, pupper

You won't trick me out of my gains this time

stay dry pupper

Stay dry, pupper

>2017
>consuming protein
>consuming calories at all
>not sustaining yourself on pure cosmic energy

Veeky Forums, it's time to take the ultimate red pill:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Stay dry, pupper

Stay dry, pupper

Stay dry, pupper

Stay dry, pupper

Is there any truth in this bs

That was a good movie

Stay dry, pupper

Stay dry Piper

Stay dry, pupper

no, you would have to go to really extreme levels of protein to do any damage to your body, unless you kidneys were already fucked. bodybuilders/weightlifters do need high levels of protein but the studies haven't showed a benefit above like 1.6g/kg so you don't need to go that crazy with it..

Stay dry, pupper

Stay dry, pupper

Oh yeah! Because no stories from that time were fabricated! He also turned water to wine!!!!

>American education

stay dry, pupper

Stay dry, pupper

stay dry pupper :)

Stay dry, pupper

stay dry, pupper

stay dry, pupper

Stay dry, pupper.