Can someone please explain to me why the fuck weights are so expensive?

Can someone please explain to me why the fuck weights are so expensive?

>dickssportinggoods

next question

Cause you're buying Olympic plates you goof
Buy those hexagonal plates

Try Amazon, the prices are much more reasonable.

does their price fill you with RAGE?

Have you checked Craigslist?

just steal them from the gym and write a song called "1 plate at a time"

why do you need to work out goyim? just be fat and lazy like everyone else. you don't need to attract women to breed, just have an early heart attack or pay hundreds of thousands to the medical industry and take out a few loans if you need to.

>

They are heavy.

i just listened to that song lmao

How feasible/economic would it be to just make a power rack for yourself at home out of metal bars and shit? It's something I've been wondering about recently

Right? They should be made of osmium or something, but the fucking jews want their shekels

Why not just join a gym for 10-20 a month?

just buy cheap shit from normies who don't have the heart to make it

Any competent welder can do this for you. I got a power rack with landmine, dip attachment and plate storage for 750$

well i live in a thirld world country where it costs way more than that and i still find it "cheap"

because when you buy weights you are not buying a piece of iron or whatever

you are buying A DREAM

Seriously. They are heavy. What's the cheapest you can buy 45 lbs of ANYTHING for? Now try and make that 45lbs well measured and fit on a barbell.

because I don't get to build a gym myself
building stuff is kind of neat, I just wouldn't want to decapitate myself by accident if you fuck up somehow and drop a bar on your neck
Ebay a good place for this? I'm not really doing anything until I graduate and get my own place, it's just a pipe dream thing for right now
That sounds awesome, what does it look like?

Check craigslist if you haven't already

Do craigslist or enjoy spending a fortune in small gains compared to just going to a gym for a better value.

weights are a great deal considering their longevity and low cost of upkeep. buying homegym materials is expensive as fuck up front, but if you use them regularly, they pay themselves off. also, as others have pointed out, you can buy them used easily. i would only buy plates new if you're looking to do olympic-style lifting or are just a richfag who feels like it