The latest trend for nu-male cucks is embracing Stoicism. It's the definition fo a meme philosophy...

The latest trend for nu-male cucks is embracing Stoicism. It's the definition fo a meme philosophy. They think it gives them the right to be moral without God. It's just dressed up Atheism.

Attached: 1511061849454[1].jpg (787x787, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iw36V_iXR2k
youtube.com/watch?v=jkh2TXCHpNs
youtube.com/watch?v=X9fR1vSxNEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_20yiBQAIlk
youtube.com/watch?v=l_VYCqCexow
youtube.com/watch?v=tw9biRRv_bM
youtube.com/watch?v=QmHXYhpEDfM
youtube.com/watch?v=LqsAzlFS91A
youtube.com/watch?v=kcRFYGr1zcg
youtube.com/watch?v=Lgcd6jvsCFs
youtube.com/watch?v=yaGwF7A79_w
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxwnHVr192A
youtube.com/watch?v=k2xY2k26HFo
youtube.com/watch?v=jreq3mVvDgc
youtube.com/watch?v=DH53uFBOGbw
youtube.com/watch?v=GBT9LasyC3E
youtube.com/watch?v=MtTeCyrgjIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-RkZXZx6HCI
youtube.com/watch?v=7AXi4-_HPRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

read the sticky, this thread clearly violates it

>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

>"philosophy"

Stoicism has historically been theistic

>I need God to be moral

Attached: 1516237226882.png (645x968, 25K)

Traditionally the Stoics were pantheists which means they recognized the existence of God but saw him as inseparable from the physical universe. They saw virtue as living in alignment with a providential cosmic order.

The new Stoicism is little more than self help where they've tried to cut God out of the center and leave the rest intact.

>Historical discussions should be focused on past events, and not their contemporary consequences.

>starts thread by talking about the contemporary consequences of stoicism

if he's not moral then why should I worship him?

Doesn't taking god(s) out of stoicism basically make it objectivism?
A collection of virtues that promote happiness and success in the individual that follow them?

Attached: atlas_29.jpg (200x299, 31K)

>objectivism

I know little of objectivism, but it's often characterized as a philosophy of selfishness.

god's not real

Attached: 1407011026817.png (463x469, 92K)

Because morality is arbitrary a d therefore meaningless.
Power has a great deal more weight.

yeah it's not as bad as egoism in that regard.
It's individual-centric morality, so whatever course of action would result in the best results for you is the "moral" choice.
The reason why objectivists say a society of them wouldn't collapse is because people would get angry, and probably fuck you, if you went around screwing them over all the time, so the most "moral" choice, that is to say the choice with the best outcome does not involve being a selfish prick.
The other thing i'v heard objectivists say is that if you think it will make you happy giving money to charity than you should, because making yourself happy is one of the most moral things you can do.
Honestly just typing this out made me think that maybe Objectivism and Stoicism would actually compliment each other really well.
Stoic virtues could help guide a person practicing Objectivism down the "moral" path.

You don't need to believe in God to act in accordance with morality but you do need God as a basis for morality.

Meditations is a very comfy read

Attached: 1349230807111.jpg (645x773, 32K)

>morality without God/religion
When will this meme end. There is no intrinsic basis for any meaningful system of morality without religion backing it up. If you feel that a certain set of principles will help maintain society better, great, but those rules aren't moral in any meaningful way.

that's not an accurate representation of me.

>that's not an accurate representation of me.
Yes it is

>Stoicism
>Morality without God
Aurelius explicitly said that the only thing that made a moral existence possible was God.

>argues through memes
Truly in the presence of a great debater

He wasn't making an argument either

Attached: 880.jpg (1442x587, 58K)

Moral = Mores Maiorum = 'The ways of the forefathers'

morality is tradition, not "goodness", so yes, morality can exist without god, and morality can also be evil.

Stoics are more like Christians or hippies.

>The purpose of people is to be rational and social.
>those who do wrong lack virtue and are making incorrect moral calculations (ie ignorance)
>They should be seen like we see the blind or deaf
>All people share a "spark of the divine" within them, thus we're all brothers

Wrong. There is an objective moral law.

>The Existential Problem & Religious Solution
Part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=iw36V_iXR2k
Part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=jkh2TXCHpNs

>Man or Rabbit?
youtube.com/watch?v=X9fR1vSxNEQ

>The Laws of Nature
youtube.com/watch?v=_20yiBQAIlk

>Mere Christianity
youtube.com/watch?v=l_VYCqCexow

>The Origin (or 1,2,3,4)
youtube.com/watch?v=tw9biRRv_bM

>‘Right & Wrong’ – A Clue to the Meaning of the Universe
youtube.com/watch?v=QmHXYhpEDfM

>The Reality of the Moral Law
youtube.com/watch?v=LqsAzlFS91A

>What Lies Behind the Moral Law
youtube.com/watch?v=kcRFYGr1zcg

>The Poison of Subjectivism
youtube.com/watch?v=Lgcd6jvsCFs

>The Rival Conceptions of God
youtube.com/watch?v=yaGwF7A79_w

>The Humanitarian Theory of Punishment
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxwnHVr192A

>Why I Am Not a Pacifist
Part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=k2xY2k26HFo
Part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=jreq3mVvDgc

>Bulverism (Foundation of 20th Century Thought)
youtube.com/watch?v=DH53uFBOGbw

>The Necessity of Chivalry
youtube.com/watch?v=GBT9LasyC3E

>The Three Parts of Morality
youtube.com/watch?v=MtTeCyrgjIQ

>Sexual Morality
Part 1 youtube.com/watch?v=-RkZXZx6HCI
Part 2 youtube.com/watch?v=7AXi4-_HPRk

Since there is a moral law, there must be a lawgiver (God).

>CS Lewis

The man was such a simplistic fool.

whatever you're talking about, it's not moral, because that's not what the word meant from the beginning.

Attached: 1406769406789 (1).jpg (563x463, 193K)

no it's not

Yes it is

>I don't understand it, therefore its bs!!!1!

Brainlet.

no it's not

fucking this

>Christianity is the one true religion because that's the one I believe in
takbir

Attached: 1520108895138.png (576x507, 59K)

Attached: 1507233605754.jpg (645x773, 56K)

Seriously tho, if you change every "Christianity" word with "Islam" or "zoroastrianism" or whatever the fuck in the man or rabbit video it stays completely consistent

>Seriously tho, if you change every "Christianity" word with "Islam" or "zoroastrianism" or whatever the fuck in the man or rabbit video it stays completely consistent

Attached: wrong.jpg (952x500, 52K)

Stoicism doesn't include rampant drug abusing, promiscuity, forced diversity, moral decay, hedonism, nihilism, rampant sexual degeneracy, crossdress, furry, incest, pedophilia, fluid-genders lunacy, faggot marriage and feminazism. So no, numales didn't really embrace Stoicism, they should embrace gas chamber.

no u

see

Any sort of ethics is fine. However the godless atheists of this generation have opted out of all ethics and adopted a YOLO life.

Garbage as garbage can be

He wasnt arguing through memes either, pleb

You're overthinking it. Just follow the Tao

>absence of god makes kids act like shit and have no respect for life
The reason this generation has adopted a “yolo” life, is not due to an absence of an ever impending threat of damnation. Go look at how many views Gucci Gang has and you’ll see the real reason this new generation is so degenerate.

>punch a stoic
>he doesn't punch back

>Go look at how many views Gucci Gang has and you’ll see the real reason this new generation is so degenerate
Jesus Christ. I just looked that up. How the fuck? How the fuck do these no talents become so appealing to young kids?

Stoicism isn't pacifism, it's UNDERSTANDING.

Attached: marcus stoic quote.png (1448x806, 1.12M)

Lil pump was promoted and shared all over the internet for whatever reason. I’m starting to think that this kinda shit like gucci gang is literal propaganda against youth, Americans especially where the culture is quickly becoming more and more degenerate. They’re too young to think for themselves and they see this shit in their face when they’re still developing.

You guys sound like old people. This is literally how your parents, and your parents parents, thought about all the media the youth liked.

You do realize the negros that the YOLO life emulates are more religious on average than the white population?

>The reason this generation has adopted a “yolo” life, is not due to an absence of an ever impending threat of damnation.
My God what.

Who were your parents? Like, what did they do to you to think that everyone was (and sould be) in a zealous enthusiasm at all times?

No, the reason for why the "YOLO life" (as you call it) is so common nowadays is because the common idea is that you should find a driving ideal yourself, when most aren't interested in finding one, simply because most still live to get by, not to collaborate to a greater project (like it has been for most of history).

You're thinking of Christians.