>always lower back pain on the next day

fuck you guys with your proper meme form shit

I am done squatting

It's probably your mobility

you're doing it wrong

no I am not, my back is always straight and I go just below parallel

go fuck yourself

this guy is right. Likely issues:

1. Not setting your hips neutral prior to squatting (squeeze them damn cheeks before you squat)
2. You aren't engaging your glutes / external rotators meaning you don't have adequate torsion at the hip
3. Your balance may be shifting forward at the bottom of the squat, make sure your balance is midfoot
4. Check your attitude you salty cunt

>t. samefag

back pain is caused by sitting down all day much more than doing heavy compounds

You're telling me you have perfect squat technique but you still get pain every time you do it?

Post a form check in plg and prepare to be buttblasted.

Don't do that. Honestly squatting is the one lift that needs so many cues and is so different from person to person that it's hard to say what needs to be done as techniques vary from person to person. I was pretty much in your spot until I realized that your hip placement has the most to do with squat form. If your hips are externally rotated, squatting wider is for you and "spreading the earth" with your feet helps activate the adductors. If they're internally rotated, closer to shoulder width is preferable and equal weight distribution on all four corners of the foot is what will fire your adductors. Instead of giving up, Read the stronglifts guide for squatting, and don't ego lift. Honestly just work with the same weight and try to feel the lift, not the weight. Don't give up op, squatting gives the most ab gains.

yes

squatting is not for me

Surely it is not YOU right? YOU did everything right. In fact YOUR technique is PERFECT. All the OTHERS are WRONG, but not YOU

why even make a thread nobody gives a shit about you avoiding heavy compound work

SHUT THE FUCK UP

You guys preach about how squats is the ONLY way to make it, when in fact all it actually is is a ONE WAY TRIP TO SNAP CITY...

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE

Avoid squats. Just wait. You'll plateau on everything else. I've already posted my advice see . Deload,Stretch frequently, warmup right, and do what I said and you'll see results. Give up and be the guy who everyone can tell doesn't do legs. Don't be that guy

Record your sets. Your form isn't near as good as you think it is if you consistently have pain.

Do you feel it in the center of your lower back or just lateral of the center? If it's the latter, that's just DOMS of your spinal erectors, nothing to worry about

I bet you aren't bracing properly. My friend was doing the same thing.

dude just kill yourself you fucking whiny, improperly squatting, unable to admit faults, piece of shit, not self recording cunt

Lower faggot

Thus reminds me of the retard that tried to squat his own bodyweight the first time he ever squatted, then blamed Veeky Forums.

I CAN'T FUCKING GO LOWER , CAN'T YOU FUCKING SEE MY BUTT WINK

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO DO

BECOME A HANDICAP BECAUSE "HURR DURR LOWER FAGGOT"

I

FUCKING

CANT

Honestly just stop lifting - resign yourself to being a fat butt blasted retard who will never leave his house.

Do me a favor and just stop posting

git gud faggot

so you agree that squatting is not for everyone and your advise to those who can't squat (notice the word here, can't, and not want to) is to stop lifting?

I can use leg press for my legs, so no thank you, I won't be following your advice.

>do squats or you'll plateau on everything else
total nonsense, next you'll tell me about the test and hgh boost from squats lmao

post a form check in /plg/ but chances are if you have lower back pain at babbyweights you are just not cut out for squatting, i just can't see it ending well for you

>being a pussy
Not going to make it, boyo.

>Avoid squats. Just wait. You'll plateau on everything else.
most retarded advice on Veeky Forums

If he did squats which activates his core moreso than any other exercise, his other compounds (which uses core) would go up, hench why rippletits makes you squat so much. Good post contribution user

>typo
Opinion discarded, squatmonger.

People always say that squats activate core but my core never really feels tense after doing squats, no muscle pain or anything. Am I doing it wrong?

Tense everything before you squat. Also brace your core hard. You'll feel it next time

When I do that I feel like I am literally about to shit myself so I subconsciously stop from fear of spreading my poo all across the squat rack. How do I fix this issue.

Shit before you squat yo. That feeling you're probably getting at the bottom is your core under a shit ton of pressure. On top of tensing everything and bracing your core make sure you squeeze your glutes hard as Fuck. That should fix that issue.

>having friends

Your core is used in squats, but it's not a core excercise. You would get more out of lifts like planks, windshield vipers, etc.

Squat plug

Are you sure it's not just your muscles that hurt?

memes aside, when I started using a squat plug my form has become better, more stable and efficient at the same time. The only annoying thing is that if I wear tight pants, the squat plug is sometimes visible, giving me the stares from other gym bros, but I simply try to ignore it.

How does one brace properly? Just tense your abs or what ?

>squatting is not for me

Look man, all bullshit aside, if you don't want to squat, then you don't have to. There's nothing wrong with doing leg presses and leg curls (or romanian DLs) for your legs.

You could also try different lower body lifts like hack squats, bulgarian split squats with dumbbells, or trap bar deadlifts with hips starting really low like a squat.

I got to over a 3pl8 squat before I could break the dogma of needing squats. Every time I did them I got severe lower back DOMs and it really interfered with my recovery and ability to work on my upper body. I haven't even trained my legs in 6 months and they're still over 26 inches. This way high bar, full RoM with no buttwink squats.

Hey OP, theres a big chance your form/mobility is shit. Maybe you are doing it 100% right and you're just not built to squat. But probably not.

Anyway, if you don't wanna do squats, then don't, no one gives a fuck. I don't do squats either. I can perform full range of motion correct form squat but I would still get some back pain. So I just don't do them. I go very light (1 plate) from time to time to test it. And I still get pain. So I just work my legs throught leg press, deadlifts, etc. instead of making threads trying to justify myself. No one gives a shit.

>gives up

Ok I'll hijack the thread then. I started squatting this month and I'm currently on 80kg, is that a good start or should I go higher?

>he does leg day
lol

What ? What do you mean higher ? Do you wanna stop squatting at 80kg ? Of course you should progress with weight

Enjoy your saggy ass

Of course not what I mean is I can handle 80kg for my first time, should I go higher next time or stay on this weight for a bit longer?

Well if you just started squatting, your technique is probably shit. I would drop the weight pretty low and focus on technique for a bit. Then start adding weight slowly.

Most adult males will probably be able to squat somewhere betwenn 1-2 plates for their first time. But if your form is shit, you might snap some shit up. If you're confident in your form, then add weight according to your program, that's it.

Got checked on my form by a trainer at the gym plus there is a mirror so that helps as well. Nice ok will do, thanks user.

just keep in mind, squat is one of those lifts where you can injure your back

so don't egolift, learn to engage your core and keep tight during the lift and only add as much weight as your program tells you and not more (mostly its 10 lbs per workout or week)