Give me (one) reason to do any leg training other than leg press

Give me (one) reason to do any leg training other than leg press.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxwXIgnmAOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ride bike for cardiovascular gains.
Deathlifts for strong back.
Both use your legs but see gains elsewhere.

Only care about look, and i don't even want good looking legs i just dont want them to look stupid compared to upper body

your knees will be fucked up from quad dominance unless you train hams

This is THE ONE (1) reason.
hamstrings are so important for leg health and weak hams will cause you all the fuck kinds of posture and potential injury problems in later life.

Yeah you don't need massive trunk legs to get by in life, but some degree of strength and muscle balance in the legs is very important for physical health.

squats produce greater levels of anabolic hormones then LP. Plus no one cares about your leg press numbers, but having a high (weight) squat is impressive to people
Squats also work more muscle groups and are better for overall body strength
They will also help train balance wich you cant do trapped inside a fixed leg press ROM
Don't be a pussy and squat and leg press instead of just leg press

Then bike rides are all you need.
If you have clipless pedals on your bike, you get a much more balanced ride.
Instead of just using your quads on the downstrokes for propulsion you will also use your hammies on the upstrokes to balance out your cadence.
>tl;dr use clipless pedals on bike.

This as well.
You are more likely to have a hamstring injury as well.

No one cares how much you squat besides on Veeky Forums

A stronger squat will help even your upper body lifts bc of the hormone secretion and core training from squats. Even If you're a total curlbro like op who only care about upper body and doesn't give a shit if he can't squat 135lbs, you should still squat because you're selling your upper body short by not squatting

>A stronger squat will help even your upper body lifts bc of the hormone secretion and core training from squats.

I've taken squats out of my workouts for the last 6 months or so and my upper body hasn't stalled at all.
I do deadlifts twice a week so if your hormone secretion bullshit is true then you can get all you need from heavy deads.

i just do leg press on push day and hamstring curls on pull day PPPPPPx routine

Front squats also build abs

What's the easier hams exercise?

not true. there was a study comparing people who squatted and did curls and people who only did curls and there was no difference at all in terms of muscle gains in the arm.
youtube.com/watch?v=rxwXIgnmAOI

db lunges hit em good

That's what I thought.
Just broscience from fat powerlifters.

What?

I can't.

You exercise to look how you want. So you can do your thing.

Plus just doing leg presses is more than some retards are doing

Dumb legionposter

leg curl

>broscience
>fat powerlifter
>Layne Norton
Ever heard of google you dense motherfucker

I don't care for whomever it is you're dick-riding.
Squats are for gaylords.

Very weird. Why do I feel leg press much more in my hams than my quads?

I dunno could be your form or anthropometry but leg press is primarily a quads exercise.

Alright I actually looked this up if you put your feet higher on the plate and push through your heels you'll recruit more hamstrings. Not sure how effective this is but there you go.

You have quad dominance and poor hamstrings, thus the reason your hamstrings feel it more. Try doing stiff legged deads or RDL to bring them back in par.

Also if you squat you will start to notice certain breaks in form indicate weak areas. E.g. If your knees start to cave this is related to your hips ect.

i confirm this anecdotally

do standard db lunges develop the legs evenly, or is there a quad or hamstring dominance?

even if it were the greatest exercise in the world I would never get near a leg press machine after seeing those webms of people's knees going backwards

same breh..shit has me shook

I feel like it's so easy to accidentally lock out

they had hypermobility that won't happen unless you do

single lead dumbell dead lift

>squats produce greater levels of anabolic hormones

This is a lie

this is a complete and total falsehood

the slight increase in test and gh after squats (or any other exercise, it actually peaks with tabata protocol-esque sprints) is so transient and insignificant that it does nothing at all to increase muscle mass or strength

there are plenty of legitimate reasons to do barbell squats but this is not one of them and saying this type of total garbage make you look fucking retarded