There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity...

>There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density enhancement, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning than the correctly performed full squat.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCh4bm-lE2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what did he mean by this?
The best overall lift anyone can do is the squat. AINEC

actually running does all of that better, rippe is just a lazy fat fuck thats trying to spin his fat fuck fuckness as healthy

something something >HIP DRAHVE

For building strength, retard. Not for building muscle

Squat directly works basically all of the muscles in the body simultaneously to different degrees, and does so in proportion to their ability to contribute to athletic, powerful movement.

>largest, strongest muscles close to the body's centre mass (the hip extensors, quads, spinal erectors) and their supports bear the brunt of the work
>lower legs help to stabilise the loaded body through the motion
>upper back muscles (traps), shoulders, and arms act isometrically to stabilise and control the load
>abs and chest muscles work to stabilise the spine from the anterior, performing their correct anatomical function

It's damn near perfect, and certainly the most efficient way to train the whole body (deadlifts are more taxing and don't involve the full range of motion of some parts of the hip extensors or the quads, though they do a better job of actively engaging the upper back and arms.)

actually it's best for that too. It hits the most muscles and can be overloaded overtime. Squat is the king lift

the "strength=hips" meme means to die. no better than the functional strength meme.

Running can't be loaded as easily, therefore squat is superior for strength and mass building. If you put 100lbs on your squat (which isn't at all hard for most runners as most runners aren't particularly strong), you'll be able to run faster and you'll likely be less prone to injury.

Okay. Tell me why? Nobody's saying you shouldn't train upper body, btw, because of course you should, but what specifically is incorrect about the statement 'the muscles closest to the centre mass of the body are far more capable of producing strength and thus power than those further away from the centre mass of the body.'

Note that Olympic weight lifters don't clean with their arms.

All the best athletes in all the sports that matter have explosive strong hips. It's just a fact

Deadlift, Romanian dead, and full front squat master race checking in.

Begon low bar, half squat virgins!

What would Rip look like if he went on TRT?

a more feminine version of your mother

Give it up for the king of squats
youtube.com/watch?v=gCh4bm-lE2c

he's already on trt

>Squat
>King

Umm.. Did you just assume Squat's gender? Squat is the QUEEN of lifts, shitlord. The king title belongs to the deadlift. Bench press is the prince.

no

He means squats make you think.

Can confirm though. Squats intimidate me more than any other lift in my routine. I love bench. I'm okay with deadlift. I enjoy the press. But squatting makes demands on your psyche. Something about going down and not knowing if you'll come back up.

>squats build strength, not muscle
>but don't squat too much like on SS or your legs will build too much muscle

True. Squat is one of those things you don't just lift or not lift. When you get to heavy weight, you have to intensely focus on the squat, lest you fuck up and slip and drop yourself of snap your back.

is that supposed to be parallel kek. also for all his "squats and milk" no nonsense attitude he is pretty weak. strength training is complicated, and there's more to it that what this faggot says, regardless of whether or not you're a beginner.
on the other hand he has a surprisingly non awful lower body.

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, motherfucker.
Upset stomach, motherfucker.
Diarrhea, bitch.

Heavy farmer walks with straps are the superior exercise when it comes to creating the most tension in the most muscles. Squats are only better if you think huge quads are aesthetic. Heavy farmer walks will absolutely fry your traps, shoulders, core, forearms (even with straps), glutes, hammies and calfs, not to mention tax the fuck out of your CNS for dat dere test boost, and they're much easier to perform than squat with a much lower risk of injury. Criminally underrated lift desu

Isn't the guy like 61, darn good form and strength honestly.
t. training with strong old guys

this

and they get it by training machines

everyones legs grows like fuck on SS

What? Why do people act like building muscle is somehow separate from building strength? A big muscle is a strong muscle by definition, if you train for strength you will build size. If you train for size you will build strength. The more muscle you have the strong you will be, you fucking retard

If you get stronger you will get bigger.
If you get bigger you probably have gained some strength.
But it doesn't mean either of those two is the optimal path to the other one.
t. hit 2/2/3/5 and look like an absolute dyel. why? focusing on singles, doubles, triples.
like I don't have a picture but people would literally not believe me if I told them I lift

Your absolutely correct, but I'm sick of people pretending that they're completely separate things. I think it's just an excuse for them not to lift heavy

My absolutely correct what? My absolutely correct statement? What about it, friend?

that the optimal path for strength and size differ even though they are intertwined. Duh

tfw wideset hips means i squat exactly like ripperino

to be fair they don't need an excuse, it's not like it's mandatory or anything. if they want size let them train for size. size gains from pure, low volume, low frequency strength training are pretty insignificant anyways. just as strength gains are insignificant when training for size purely.
I have a few friend who started with brosplits and looked pretty good within 3 months, but they are still weak.
That's just my
>anecdotal evidence
though.
but while we're on the subject of dumb opinions I never understood why some people will look you dead in the eye and tell you natty beginners CANNOT gain size without doing a SS-type program first. That's just not true.

t. anal user larping as me

teehee