Is body dysmorphia really a bad thing...

Is body dysmorphia really a bad thing? Or was it invented by lazy people lacking in motivation and determination to meet their goals?

youtu.be/pSzzWttdFuU?t=116

No it's real. Wanting to motivate yourself and be better than you currently are is a good thing.

But once you start looking at yourself and getting anxious or angry because you think it isn't good enough is when it becomes full blown problems.

T.I cried in anger many times because I have this and I don't look like a chad.

Its really sad, its ridiculously prevelant on this board aswell. So many people who look at photoshopped pictures of people at their physical limit and thinking they are worthless if they can't do it themselves.

Actual body dismorphia is a mental illness that takes up your life. It's not a healthy amount of motivation or determination

Oh yeah, it is. If you tie your ego to being big and your standarts of being big get inflated by all the stupidly gifted roiders, well, guess what, you are gonna get fucked up. If you just wanna look better, be healthy and be strong, you are all good. And if you do truly have great potential to be a bodybuilder, going full autism with roids and training is almost your obligation.

>Is body dysmorphia really a bad thing?
yep.

Been living with gf with BDD for couple of years.
It's very real and extremely taxing.
Don't even think that it's some kind of excuse.

>documentary about depressed people in London
>video diary music is Burial

>T.I cried in anger many times because I have this
This. I fucking hate myself because I think I look like shit but everyone thinks I look fine

>start lifting
>family and friends continuously telling me they see results
>filling out more, looking bigger, less fat, etc.
>look exactly the same in the mirror
>had to get a body composition scale to actually convince myself that I'm seeing any progress

It's real.

This. I was legit auschwitz and i still felt auschwitz until i saw a picture of me then.

post body faggot

You have to take progress pics my dude. You need a reference of how far you've come to appreciate where you are now.

I have the good kind of body dysmorphia, I'm fat as fatass but I think I look builtfat

For something to be classified as a legit mental illness it has to actively fuck up your life.

Just saying "I don't look good" even when you look better than the average fuckwad on the street is not body dysmorphia. Most people on Veeky Forums are memeing when they say they have it.

This board idolizes Rich and Arnie, but did they take it to a healthy extent?

Know that feel.

First time was gaining weight. Didn't notice jackshit till sister called me a fat ass.
Start working down in opposite direction, get cut, lose facial fat, develop muscles, etc. Again didn't notice until sis pointed it out. And this was even after looking at several progress pics.

The only way to tell was by pants size shrinking/growing wildly.

People with body dysmorphia usually are people who have too much free time to actually care how they look. I'd imagine they dont have many responsibilities.

Narcissism

What I do is I get body dysmorphia for a few years and use it as motivation, then I stop it once I look good :)

>is a mental illness a bad thing?
of course it is

if you're delusional about how you look you're going to be unhappy - there's really no way to avoid being unhappy if your self-image isn't connected to reality

I saw a picture of me on the beach from about 4 years ago and I was skinny as fuck. Now I'm coming off my first cycle and I feel stacked AF. Like shit man, I still feel small looking in the mirror though. But compared to what I was as a reality check, damn.

I started out as a 130 pound 6 foot skinnyfat little bitch. I'm now 210 at 13% bf, and I still think I look like a skinnyfat little bitch. If I didn't have troubles buying jeans that fit my thighs now, I would have never thought I was bigger. Also, I remember thinking Zyzz and pic related were big, now they look small to me. Thankfully I'm not so lost to start roiding.

Jesus fuck, Henry Cavill in that scene. I'm straight otherwise, but I'd be all over that man.

>giant quads from riding bike for 1hour a day for a year
>can't fit in pants now
>super depressed because i feel fat all the time now
>women mirin', getting calls from old flames, random ladies eyefucking me on the street
can't stop weighing myself and crying

You lot sound pretty fucking pathetic desu