Pre-workouts

Are they worth it? A small jar costs fucking $50

Just got Mesomorph for $29 on ebay free shipping playa

no pre-workout is worth $50 unless it's containing something illegal in it.

Get the ones that sound the edgiest and try to get the tainted ones 4 more gains

Yes it's worth it but go and buy Mr. Hyde. It's $30 and probably one of the best pre-workouts out there.

i got the exact one pictured and no its not worth it. just get caffeine pills and beta alanine powder. the curse also gives gut rot, truly a curse .

why does every preworkout container have to have the tackiest most disgusting fucking design ever

Make your own and save a shit ton of money.

I've tried the shit in OP, barely felt anything on it. If that garbage is $50 you're seriously getting ripped off, there are plenty of $30 ones that work way better

I'll bite, is making your own that straightforward?

Stop buying preworkout you fucks, just use caffeine pills.

They have Citruline and other stuff too

That shit is being sold on Amazon for 30 dollars after shipping. Where the hell are you buying that?

Yes, buy these and then mix in a blender bottle. Best part is you control the dosage so you can experiment with what works for you. Way better than any pre-made one I've ever taken. Also this shit will last you forever.

my local popeye's supplements, all their preworkouts are $50+
oh yeah forgot to mention it's leafbucks

If you're set on trying it, buy it off Amazon. I understand convenience, but you're almost paying twice as much to get it right away.

I understand there are other things in preworkout aside from caffeine, I've just seen equal results from caffeine pills and they are much much cheaper

Damn, that's pretty cool actually. I got a couple of samples (Optimum Nutrition) for free from my local store. If I like them, I may move to this

I just ordered myprotein one today, never bought pre workout before. Honestly it doesn't look that great but it was so fucking cheap like 20 bucks so thought why not try

idk if my body is a retard or something, but every preworkout makes me sick/barfy

i just drink coffee

Damn I'll have to look into doing this myself

Worth it? Probably not. Better than nothing? Yes.

The stimulant effect can be very useful when you're "just not feeling it". It's like a better energy drink, nothing out of this world, but it can be just enough to put you over that edge to drag your ass to the gym. Part of it is also conditioning yourself, your body associates that taste of artificial blue raspberry or whatever with being active so you get in the right mindset without realizing it.

The pump and endurance reasons are why use them (coupled with BCAA and additional arginine). I simply can train more with them. Placebo or not I can do that one extra rep or put one more plate on the pulley etc. when I have the right stuff in my system. I haven't noticed it affecting my 1RM, but definitely helps with that 4th and 5th set.

Caffeine is literally the least important part of a PWO retard. Well maybe some leaf extract or whatever they put in there is even more useless, but nobody uses PWO just because they want caffeine.

I'm not against the idea of making your own, but you're missing a ton of important shit like L-arginine. Also taking caffeine on its own without taurine is not a good idea.

Fuck that shit
Drink some coffee

I never understood why people need to get "jacked" to go hard in the gym. Just dont be a pussy

are there any 0 cal pre workouts?

Meth. Just dont get addicted and you'll be fine

>not knowing l-citruline metabolizes into l-arganine
I shiggy diggy doo

>Are they worth it?

Absolutely not. Even if you're an actual athlete who takes a pre-workout with correctly dosed, scientifically proven performance enhancing ingredients, the results you're going to get are negligible compared to the cost, and that's regardless of whether or not you make your own with bulk ingredients or buy something pre-made.

If you really "need" a pre-workout, take 200mg of caffeine anhydrous and do a dynamic warm-up before you start lifting, otherwise stop being a bitch and quit anchoring your inner beast to shitty proprietary blends and pump matrices.

I've come to the conclusion that I have a very high tolerance for stimulants. The only preworkout that actually gave me a slight boost was mr. hyde. The consensus on here seems to be between mr. hyde and mesomorph (if you want dmaa)

kek true point there user

>the curse also gives gut rot, truly a curse

>Also taking caffeine on its own without taurine is not a good idea.
???????????????????????

correct
Make your own, its dirt cheap to but powders in bulk