Have any of you guys ever tried being anorexic to lose weight. If so can you tell me about your experiences?

Have any of you guys ever tried being anorexic to lose weight. If so can you tell me about your experiences?

Sorry for blog-posting but I am an overweight 19 year old and I hate being a fat ass. I don't really go outside (Besides going to college classes) because of anxiety issues. For the past 2 weeks I have just been on an elliptical bike eating a meal once every other day and drinking a lot of water. I feel that it is helping but I am worried about the ill effects of it. Are the side-effects more physical or more mental? I can deal with mental side effects.

I'm aware that there are healthier ways to lose weight, its just that every time I see my reflection I want to kick the chair.

>tried being anorexic
You're retarded.

Holy shit, don't fucking do it OP, are you seriously considering anorexia? I legitimately had it for about 3 years and the worst was a year ago eating 500 cal and running 3-6 miles a day. Your starting point lifting wise will he god awful, and bringing yourself to eat more will be hard as fuck. Take it from me, don't do this. Just start lifting, cardio, and eat as deficit you sperg.

>ever tried being anorexic
It isn't something you can turn on and off, my friend. A lot of people don't seem to realise anorexia isn't seeing a fat person in the mirror and thinking "I'm fat and need to lose weight"; it's seeing a healthy or objectively skinny person in the mirror, and picking out minor flaws like lovehandles, how you look from the side, in certain light, etc and convincing yourself you need to lose weight because of it. Physical effects are pretty much no energy, no desire to do anything except exercise and eat what you tell yourself you're allowed to, feeling cold ALL the time, and everything kind of blurring together so you're never really truly aware of what's going on around you. Mentally it's like having two people living inside your head; one that's desperate to eat and eat and eat, and one that's telling you that you can't and shouldn't.
Being a fatass and taking steps to not be a fatass is not being anorexic, it's being normal and sensible. Read the sticky thoroughly so you can lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way, and stop trying to be a special snowflake.

THIS.
Anorexia is a mental illness, not something you "try" you fucking autist.

You are going to feel terrible both physically and mentally. You will also look sickly and unhealthy if you keep doing this
Start taking care of your body. Just do 16:8 IF and eat clean 2100-2600 calories worth of clean food, focusing on protein intake. You will feel amazing

go for it OP. i recommend no more than 5 calories a day
not gonna make it

I've been experimenting with anorexia.
I mean... It does work.
But it's miserable. Changes your personality, and you literally have to have the mindset of thinking of nothing but losing weight, and food.
The food obsession is insane.

I initially started out eating 200-500 calories a day for three months.
But then I became so obsessed with food, I had a weekend where I binged and ate everything. Probably 3000 calories a day.
Now I haven't quite broken the binging cycle.
So I turned to bulimia.

Today was scary. I threw up three times today.

I do not recommend anorexia at all.
But if you are determined you will do it regardless of what anyone says.

-create an anonymous Tumblr. When you first wake up, browse thinspo and proana.
-Get two thermoses; one for hot and one for cold. One will be fun of tea, the other ice and water. You will need these everywhere you go, and when they are more than half empty, fill them up again.
-Have "thinspo" music downloaded on your phone. You'll need to be listening to it in lieu of anything else you listen to.
-Watch Netflix? Well now you will be watching my 600 pound life and anorexia movies and documentaries. They are all painfully cringy.
-Start browsing MPA.
-Track weight and calories obsessively on MFP.
-Weigh yourself on a digital scale every morning. Calculate your "dream" BMI, and then calculate yours. Every day.
-If you do eat, eat sunflower seeds and grapes. Every twenty minutes you are allowed five of each. Arrange them in a row by size, smallest first. Chew slowly.

I can keep going.

Side effects are mental and physical. You say you can have the mental, but here's a heads up; you will only think about food. It will be the main thing you think about. Unless you are a NEET, it will effect your relationships, work, studies, ECT.
Physically you will be absolutely exhausted. You will constantly need caffeine, and the anorexic drink of choice is black coffee. I prefer caffeinated ginger tea.
Sleeping is miserable. Going to bed starving takes an absurd amount of willpower. And since you will likely be on a caffeine high, I recommend using CBS marijuana or melatonin. Get the melatonin gummies... It will feel like dessert.
Sleep as much as you can.

Above all else, if you are going to do this, do not get into bulimia. They are both dangerous as hell, but bulimia is waaay more destructive much more quickly. You will probably use laxatives and enemas, but puking regularly is awful and painful, and it's easy to fall into when you start the anorexic shit.

>experimenting with anorexia
hahahaha haven't been to this board in months and this is the first post i see

I pretty much have that mindset. I'm not anorexic tho because my calorie deficit is standard (500-800 calories), and I rarely binge. If I do ever "binge" its maybe once every 2.5 weeks I'll have maintanence +200 calories.

You have to have be obsessed to stick to your goal. Don't lose sight of your vision for yourself.

Do you have bulimia cheeks yet? I see those on others and sure enough I smell their bad breath too, that shit ain't worth it

Don't forget that after a good while of purging your vomit reflex will turn involuntary where you'll puke without command

I'll keep going since I need to vent about my ED anyway.

-I recommend juicing; I am anorexic, but I have a demanding job where I need to be mentally sharp. I use protein powder, bountiful beets powder, kale, chia seeds, blackberries , cranberries, and sometimes strawberries or pineapple. Your smoothie should be less than 325 calories, and do not start drinking it until
4-5 hours after you wake up.
-Take vitamins! My daily vitamin routine is every twenty minutes, I take a vitamin and sip my smoothie. My vitamins are B complex, fish oil, D3, niacin, Multivitamin, and prozac.
-Frozen fish fillets, blueberries, sunflower seeds, green tea, sparkling water, gum, rice cakes, diet Pepsi, and mini dill pickles. There's your grocery list.

I don't think I do, but my saliva glads are swollen and my throat hurts and my voice is a scratched up

It's been the reverse for me.
When I was in in grade school, I taught myself how to vomit on command so I could get out of class.
Now ... I have to work for it if I'm to purge.

I was actually diagnosed as anorexic once in my teens. greentext if anyone cares (I'm a dude so probably not but w/e)

>be voracious fatty
>one day I get a stomach virus, shitting bricks all week
>week is over, still shitting bricks after everytime I eat, the most painful diarrhea imaginable and my stomach feels like a tornado is going through it
>for about a month, I cannot go a single meal without shitting my brains out
>practically tethered to the toilet, called out of school for nearly a month straight
>lost 50lbs in a month because of excessive shitting
>doctor says he can't find anything, doesn't find anything in a stool sample, says it's not Krohns and says it might just be Irritable Bowel Syndrome (which isn't a clear cut or meaningful diagnosis so he doesn't go any further in his investigations)
>diarrhea continues
>realize that when I don't eat, I don't get diarrhea
>immediately cut all foods from diet
>parents notice this and are concerned, start taking me to various doctors for second opinions
>3 months go by of complete fasting except for water and oats (which I ate maybe 1/4cup a day of because I was paralyzed in fear of the pain and diarrhea that came with eating)
>one doctor officially diagnoses me with anorexia nervosa, tells my dad to take me to ER, and they put me on an IV drip
>one of the overnight doctors comes in and asks if I've ever had a hydrogen breath test
>"no wtf is that"
>she says she's surprised none of my doctors have even suggested it
>get one the next day (you just breathe into an inhaler-like thing and they analyze the results)
>next day, comes back with a phone call that I have severe fructose malabsorption
>mfw it was that fucking easy to diagnose and I starved for 180 days
so basically, anything that has fructose makes me blow it right out my ass, and in total I'd gone from 5'9 260lbs to 5'9 108lbs in 6 months. The worst part is my doctor's put me on a bunch of weight gain supplements and meds and I ballooned to 180

>Have any of you guys ever tried being schizophrenic?
>Have any of you guys ever tried being asperger?
>Have any of you guys ever tried having a personality disorder?

This is how you sound, and It's retardation.
No, you won't become anorexic, you'll probably starve for some time and then binge eat like a motherfucker, you know why? because you're and always been fat, and that's what you're predisposed to.
It doesn't work like that and you know it.
You are 19 years old, you should already know better. This is the kind of retardation that I would expect from someone 15 or younger.

Just learn how to lose weight the healthy way.
If you managed to "become anorexic by will" (something that doesn't work) you would be changing one disease/condition (obesity) for other one, even worst.

So, mark my words. If you become anorexic, your existence would be even more miserable than it is now. Yes, hard to believe, but suffering can always increase.

Solve your problems the right way or it's going to bite you in the ass, sooner or later, believe me in this.

I'm still not that worried because I don't think you can just "become anorexic".

All that suffering and doctors just fuck up the effect.
RREEEEE

>I can keep going.
we'd rather just have you kys
fuck off back to Veeky Forums fatty

if you have an unhealthy relationship with food then the answer is unlikely to be developing a different unhealthy relationship with food

I was anorexic at 17 I would not recommend. I am now 24 and can not grow a beard due to fucked test levels

Dude, if you're willing to fuck yourself up that much to lose some weight, you might as well just start an ECA stack. It'll probably be safer in the long run.

Also stop skipping meals, goddamn. Download a calorie counter, buy some meal portioners, and keep a food log. Mix in some strength training with that cardio. You don't have to get big, but even toned muscle burns more calories than fat. Stop eating processed sugars. I know it sounds simple, but they're in everything: cokes, drink mixes, prepared meals, canned meals, breads, fucking everything. Stay hydrated and get enough sleep; stress WILL cause you to gain weight. And it sounds like you really need to find someone in real life to talk to.

You're fucking dumb.

You don't 'try' anorexia. It's a disorder. I'm not sure if I ever had it, but I'm 6'1" and used to weight 52kg. I was just never hungry, ever. I would just eat one meal a day. Was never hungry in the morning, never hungry at night. I ate because I knew I had to.

Still don't ever feel hungry now. I get cravings for certain foods but never hunger, I get hunger pains from an empty stomach but not hunger. Forcing yourself to eat is fucking torture. I can't wait to cut. Currently at 68kg, still super skinny for Veeky Forums standards (or anyone's really) but for the first time in my life I'm in a normal BMI range. But fuck eating so much, I get no enjoyment out of it and it's a chore.