We all started out lifting for some chick that we crushed on. When it finally settled in that you wouldn't get her...

We all started out lifting for some chick that we crushed on. When it finally settled in that you wouldn't get her, what kept you going? What keeps you going?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7lweNCCwS0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Self-hatred

Started lifting for a chick, actually banged her after losing weight. After that I realised I was fucking retarded and now I just do it because I like lifting.

I actually got with her, not because of the lifting though.

this

She was way our of my leauge, anyways.

Rage

I didn't start lifting for a chick but I did start running for one. I ended up being with her for 5 years.

im fucking plying I lift for girls

>dyel
>have gf
>crush on another girl
>start lifting
>ask out other girl since i shouldn't rely on my body to attract her
>actually says yes
>was in a rough patch with gf at the time
>realize i don't like second girl as much as i thought
>kiss moment on date
>feel bad thinking of gf
>pull out of kiss
>second girl is confused
>later part ways, don't go in for hug or kiss, she hugs me awkwardly
>days after ask if she had fun, she friendzones me lol go figure
>but we have a connection user, i wanna be friends
>no sorry
>go back to gf
>tell her
>she stayed with me anyway
>i lift to get rid of the awkwardness trauma
>also to be able to attract new girls in case i break up with gf
>also for gf
>also in case my gf broke up i wanna be bigger than her new guy
>all these feels

I didn't.
I started lifting because i felt humiliated whenever someone significantly bigger crossed my way and i had to swerve.
Some bigger guys dont even move out of your way a little bit you are a wimp.

some did not, some of us realized that humans are shallow as fuck. Thus lifting nullified an attack vector.

also hatred

The mirror. When I got Veeky Forums, whenever I hit the showers I always pose and flex in the mirror. Man I wanna fuck me.

thats some sick projector you got there my man

Started lifting for a girl.
She got with another guy and friendzoned me, so I continued lifting to let out my anger and because it made me less depressed.
Eventually got into shape, found another qt to help me get over the 1st girl.

>found another qt to help me get over the 1st girl.
that is depressing

I hated who i was. Up till grade 10 i used to always be the fat kid and got picked on a lot for it, especially by this specific group of girls. Idk what snapped but i decided i had enough one day and quit eating like shit cold turkey and started doing a bit of cardio every day. Ended up losing 70lbs in like 8-9months. For like 2 years after that i basically stayed in the same spot with my progress, i always had this fear in the back of my head that i would eat more and gain all the fat again but eventually over came that fear and put on a fair bit of muscle over the last 3 years ive been giving it my all. Started out at 155 went as high as 210 and currently on a cut and im sitting at a 185lbs, which is pretty lean on me ( was 225 when i lost all the weight). The main thing that keeps me going is that bodybuilding and powerlifting are the things i enjoy the most in life. Its about the only thing that i know i want to do forever. I was also diagnised with a herniated disc at 15 and was told i should always stay away from deadlifts and squats by the doc, i only started like a year ago to do both those excercises and made really good progress but thing is my back has never felt better. Well that's enough rambling, sorry for posting the bible.

This now im in shape and too miserable to form relationships or go out and do things

What do?

well that's a bunch of situations I can relate to

Had a gf before I started to get Veeky Forums, its over now but I go on hoping to get her back one day, for now I just bang sluts.

self-love

I actually didn't start lifting for any one chick just in general I wanted to look better and also not have trouble opening heavy doors, running up stairs, etc. but I caught oneitis afterwards, eventually got over it and now I just lift out of force of habit. Discipline goes way farther than motivation

Spite

oh but little did you know, OP, I got her

I started to get a gf and continued after i got one because i wanted to bang sluts
Sadly this was a massive failure and i havent banged as many sluts as i wanted to, its fucking hard to find those kinds of girls

>new girl at job
>instant attraction
>loved her face, loved her voice, loved everything about her character

>started lifting to be in good shape for her
>made good gains, watched what i ate, took an ECA stack to stay cut
>took phenibut to get confident enough to talk with her because she made me so nervous

>she doesn't work here anymore
>i watch tv all day, i just ordered take out
>don't give a fuck about my lifts, don't give a fuck about my diet, don't give a fuck about my girlfriend of 4 years
>jerk off every chance i get
>hate myself
>want drugs constantly

god i miss her and i never had her once

Speak for yourself

Honestly never started lifting for girls, I started because I loved the feeling, I wanted to look better, and to see my lifts go up and up. When I started lifting I was anorexic, I still struggle with food & the feeling of being full or my belly being even slightly distended, but I've gained almost 30 pounds since I was at my lowest, and I'm proud of that.

I started lifting because i didnt get that one chick i crushed on desu

the gym is pretty much the only place where i get to see pretty girls
it's like going to the lady zoo

Same here. I'm still lifting for her even though I will more than likely never have a chance with her.
>Tfw she's dating a chubby Mexican manlet
>Tfw every time I lift I rage at the thought of them together
>Tfw he's probably creampieing her as I type this

Actually this.

oh good this guy again. we get it you like cobie smulders you sperg

I started lifting for my daughter. She's two now, so I think that means I got her. I want her to have a strong father to look up to, so that's who I'm becoming everyday.

Actually she is still relevant in my life but I recently found out she has a bf. I still like lifting and who knows maybe her bf is a lanklet like I used to be and she looks for a real man.

I know it's a kind of a meme but what helped me was rediscovering religion.

Just find something that gives you purpose. for me it was reading the bible and going back to church, which I would reccomend to anyone but you gotta find something with actual purpose

how do you get gf

The hope that I find someone even better than her

I guess my crush was my dead dad and depression, hormones and improvement kept me going

pretty much this

lifting is its own reward

nothing better to do.

fpbp

Kek

... I live in a shithole where people go to die. Can confirm this.

>tfw 6"7'
>tfw i never move for people they move for me
>enjoy the mud

My old mate started lifting because he literally lost to his gf in armwrestling.

I started lifting to resist my urge to become a chick.
I kept lifting because I like how it's affected my ass and thighs

Fpbp

I want to look good for my open casket funeral after I hang myself

I started lifting for general health and fitness, so lifting for women is more of a side motivation whenever it crops up.

Yah

>We all started out lifting for some chick that we crushed on
I started lifting because I was full of energy and needed an outlet, same reason all the other kids I knew started out.

This thread is pathetic.

>>also in case my gf broke up i wanna be bigger than her new guy
you may be bigger but he's stuffing her every hole

>We all started out lifting for some chick that we crushed on
No, we didn't all. Most of us weren't as pathetic as you.
I started lifting because ever since I was a kid I admired strong men and wanted to be like them. Don't try to drag me down to your level.

I started lifting cuz my mom had a heart attack at 48 and I was a chubby chub

I got with her. She cheated on me. Narcissism and making her jealous kept me going.

I stopped after she dumped me. I got back into it after I realized that I was pathetically weak and skinny.

being 5'6"

no idea, I started lifting because my friends kept breaking my balls to go lift with them and that I looked like a dumb fag at 6'3" without being Veeky Forums.
So I did, I got addicted and here I am.
I keep doing it because it feels good benching 2pl8.

>Not a depressing story about being cucked
>Actually kinda nice
You're not from here, are you?

Ever been in a fight? Bet your knees buckle like every other big fucking ogre dork.

fpbp

street fights are for uncivilized apes.

My crush treated me like shit. Anger keeps me going.

No I didn't you faggot.

Yes you did.

>start lifting for a girl
>make some decent gains
>girl starts showing interest
>don't care because I'm into traps now

Thanks Veeky Forums

Health, discipline, fun. Always improving, pushing myself past my mental limits, not feeling like it's a chore - feeling like I genuinely want to go train. Lifting has taught me a lot about myself.

Getting more aesthetic is so rewarding and yes I use it to fuck girls and I will not stop, because it definetely works. If lifting for girls motivates you go for it.

fpbp

Didn't start lifting because of a crush on a girl, but because a girl crushed me
Gf cheated on me with a close friend, they're now together and I'm still suffering alone
I keep lifting cause I want to be better than those who did me wrong. And I want something, something I can be proud of, I want to look good and be happy with it, I want to stop feeling inadequate to everyone else because I've always been skinny, people always said I'm attractive but just really skinny, I don't want people to have that excuse about me anymore

I honestly don't know why I started lifting.

I just kind of got tired of being fat.

Its early days though, just trying to loose weight really taking it seriously for the first time in my life.

Currently 91kg, I want to get down to something like 86-87kg.

Due to my build (ultra broad shoulders but middling height) I'll never be a think fucker. Even if I was to slim down to a stick figure I'd still look like a god dam walking wall.

Debating weather I should up my routine to beast myself to my target in a week. (I go to university on Friday)

>Think fucker.

Great job me.

florida?

>Veeky Forums

>capital F

that

Seconding this.

I started volunteering at my church and befriending the Church Chads, I actually go out more and now am getting my life together.

Also, there's a serious Male to Female ratio disparity

fpbp

Does that mean theres more boys or more girls or equal 50/50?

/thread
but this couldn't be more true

Thread theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=u7lweNCCwS0

i started lifting because i was 100 lbs overweight. fuck lifting for a bitch.

I don't even enjoy lifting anymore but I keep going, I guess I'll kill myself if I stop so I can't stop.

>Debating weather
forgot this one too.

started lifting for a woman who was already into me when i was fat, but felt too uncomfortable with my body so i had to get Veeky Forums first. still working on it. she's still interested.

I'm short. My only other choice is to fade into obscurity. They might still make fun of me. But, not as many to my face.

I didn't start lifting for chicks, I started lifting because I was charged with 4 felony counts of serious bodily injury in Texas. I went on the run overseas and started lifting imediaty. Fast forward ten years and I returned to the states after I found out my warrants were state only and Texas wouldn't extradite. I got on gear and spent two amazing years in california
Texas finally decided to extradite and I was shipped back. In all the county jails I was the biggest jacked dude there and I cotinued to work out using other inmates and trash bags full of water for weight. No one fucked with me and most inmates wanted to work out with me.
When we went to pretrial the state offered probation because after 12 years their case was pretty weak, I accepted and here I am lifting and taking gear still because they don't drug test for it.
Moral of the story, if you face charges run away

It pissed me off but I got over it. Lifting gave me something to do, anyway, which was better than before when I had no hobbies to speak of. Got gf about six months later.

Still see former oneitis from time to time because we have mutual friends. Still really attracted to her but would never want to screw things up with gf, so I just avoid her.

and this too desu

I lift so people will find me disgusting

>Moral of the story, if you face charges run away
It surprises me that more people in those situations dont run. Its not fucking easy but your freedom is priceless. Theres also a fuckton of sick places you can live in.

This desu

This.

I started lifting so I could swing my dick about lifting.

lol fucking pussy

You have a girlfriend and you're doing this?? What if your girlfriend was acting like this toward some random fuckhead? Jesus Christ hypocrites man

When I lift there's brief moments where I forget about her

I bet you did all of that for yourself.