AMERICAN FAT STATISTICS

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
>37.9% of adults age 20 and older are obese
>32.8% of adults age 20 and older are overweight
>that means about two-thirds of adults in America are either obese or overweight
>20.6% of adolescents age 12 to 19 are obese
>17.4% of children age 6 to 11 are obese
>9.4% of children age 2 to 5 are obese

According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) (which is part of the United States National Institutes of Health, which in turn is part of the Department of Health and Human Services.
>6.3% of adults age 20 and older are extremely obese
>35.7% of adults age 20 and older are obese
>33.1% of adults age 20 and older are overweight
>18.4% of adolescents age 12 to 19 are obese
>15.2% of adolescents age 12 to 19 are overweight
>18% of children age 6 to 11 are obese
>14.6% of children 6 to 11 are overweight
>12.1% of children age 2 to 5 are obese
>14.6% of children age 2 to 5 are overweight

So, this seems really really bad...

Other urls found in this thread:

stateofobesity.org/disparities/blacks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kek 'overweight' according to what? BMI? i'm overweight according to that bullshit statistic and i run a 6.5 minute mile.

70% of americans are in good shape, and the vast majority of obese fucks are in bumblefuck, Kansas. go to any major global city and you'll see that most people are skinny or average.

>70% of americans are in good shape, and the vast majority of obese fucks are in bumblefuck, Kansas. go to any major global city and you'll see that most people are skinny or average.
Wow, you are so smart. Good job!

Delete this.

What's even worse is that we're not even in the top ten for fattest countries.

>bumblefuck, Kansas. go to any major global city and you'll see that most people are skinny or average.

>global city

Liberal cuck confirmed. Fuck off

If you're 5'10 and 175 lbs you're considered overweight by their metric. I'm 5'10 185 and I'm sure as fuck not fat.

This doesn't account for muscle mass, it uses BMI which is retarded.

Most Americans are yoked compared to Europoors and Asians

You guys are retarded. BMI is a good metric for figuring out how fat a country is because very few people lift, and even fewer lift in a productive way so that they gain a significant amount of muscle from it.

This is right. I live in NYC and overweight lardasses are rare. I travelled to Lusiana and also spent days in a lost town in Georgia and was amazed to see landwhales everywhere. It's all about diet.

Also I'm not American.

It's almost as if the stereotype of fat southern inbred racist church going MAGA fucks who are a drain on society has some truth to it

gee really makes you think

Americans are significantly more muscular than Europeans. Lifting culture is a pretty big thing here and a sizable portion of the population

>I travelled to Lusiana and also spent days in a lost town in Georgia and was amazed to see landwhales everywhere.

Louisianafag here, that's true.

>any major global city and you'll see that most people are skinny or average
I live in Denver, supposed to be one of the fittest cities, and I still see fat people everywhere

BMI is garbage though and I wish we had better stats on bf% instead

>Lifting culture is a pretty big thing here and a sizable portion of the population
No

What? Strongman is dominated by Europeans.

>church going MAGA fucks
zero people want to hear your political and religious opinion on Veeky Forums

At least they're not low test betacuck lefty faggots who flood their country with immigrants because because they have white guilt.

>37.9% of adults age 20 and older are obese
>32.8% of adults age 20 and older are overweight
>that means about two-thirds of adults in America are either obese or overweight
No it doesn't lmao. Being obese is still considered being overweight. Only 5.1% of adults are exclusively obese, 32.8% exclusively overweight. So would be right in saying 70% are in shape.

Do you guys seriously believe that out of every 100 people, 37 of them are obese? Just look around and get back to me on that lol

Immigrants are superior and being brown is the way of the future

Our white genes are inferior and especially with global warming I need brown skin in my gene pool to protect my offspring from radiation

Did she take the female neck pill?

>morbidly obese
>not low test
How do you get THIS retarded?

Stop being retarded. Less than 5% have enough lean mass for it to be a significant factor intheir BMI. Also you're a young person hanging around young people in young people parts of new york. Of course you wouldn't see many fatties there.

We're going to kill you people soon.

Whatever. Is what is either way. Rather have an obese man who has pride than a twig who begs for his own replacement.

BF% requires significant time or a water scale to measure, while BMI can be easily calculated. That's why we use the latter for population studies, you get a much larger and much more representative sample. And while yes, while BMI probably isn't accurate measure for you or many users of this board, it's good enough for almost everyone

No it isn't. Outside of Iceland the only European countries that do well are in eastern Europe. Brian Shaw wins almost every year and he's American.

Anyway, strongman is not representative of the average person at all. I've lived in both Germany and the US and lifting is significantly more popular in the US.

Literally 2/3rds are overweight or obese. You think otherwise because you don't spend much time around people who aren't your age. You're also probably white, and thus spend more time around whites, which are moderately less fat than blacks or hispanics. I live in san antonio. Most people here are fat, almost everyone over 40 is.

80% of americans don't even claim to do any sort of strength training at all. Of the 20% that do, how many do you think are doing programs which have or would result in significant gains in lean mass? Look around a chain gym, and the answer becomes clear: not fucking many

> Thinks American whites aren't fat

you've clearly never been to Georgia

Reported

I meant that non literally

That includes everyone. For men in their twenty's, a significant portion are fit. Looking around my college classes I'd say about 25% of men look muscular. The percent that are fat is like 10%

dude thats because your in the closed environment of a college campus.

your perspective is extremely biased and limited. trust me, people are fat as fuck in the real world

its really sad

What do you mean, you people?

On average they are somewhat less fat, this is objective fact

whites are the majority in America.

ergo

There's more fat whites than any other group

more whites = more fat whites, numerically speaking

I'm 5'7 at 170 pounds and between 12-15% bodyfat. My BMI is 26.6

Help guys I'm overweight. What can I do to get rid of all this muscle?

Marxists

this would make sense if it was 37.9 overweight and 32.8 obese, but your way is saying that overweight people are also obese, as opposed to obese people also being overweight

Fucking brainlet

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA HOLY SHIT YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB

>Only 5.1% of adults are exclusively obese

So not only are you incredibly bad at simple math and basic reading comprehension. You also haven't left your house in years.

I live in sweden and I literally don't know a single person(male) that doesn't lift

hey Abdullah :)

>go to any global city and you'll see skinny and average people
>skinny
>average
You mistyped skinny-fat, objectively the worst physique. I guarentee you these people look like shit

Don't non-whites tend to be more religious (as in: Christian) on average in the US?

You can estimate bf% with a tape measure easy enough though

Depends if you make up your minds and declare hispanics white or not

So what? It's proportions that matter.

Well no, Hispanics aren't white (unless we need to make crime stats more "progressive :^)"). That was sort of my point; I know a pretty high percentage of them (compared to the general population) consider themselves religious.

Fuck you you sheep fucking backwards ass redneck

BMI is pretty reliable when used as a population metric.

Barely anyone excericies AT ALL and an even smaller amount strength train

The average 5'10 guy whoes also 180 pounds is going to look a lot chubbier than you

>resorting to insults... again.

Liberals. Can't make this shit up.

>Barely anyone excericies AT ALL and an even smaller amount strength train
and an even smaller amount of those who strength train have enough muscle mass to change their BMI a siginificant amount

why the fuck do you think they're called amerifats?

>70% of americans are in good shape, and the vast majority of obese fucks are in bumblefuck, Kansas. go to any major global city and you'll see that most people are skinny or average.

Do people actually believe this?

>Only 5.1% of adults are exclusively obese, 32.8% exclusively overweight. So # would be right in saying 70% are in shape.

>he believes only 5% of Americans are obese
>he believes 70% are in shape

Christ

Yes, Hispanics are very Catholic and blacks tend to be very Protestant.

Sorry I'm actually a Home improvementist. I only listen to the will of the Tim

You literally just used liberal as an insult idiot. Do you have anything other than a stump of brain stem inside your head to keep you breathing?

He's overexaggerating ofc but holy shit it's amazing how many fat people are in the south. The obese literally outnumber the overweight I'm not even kidding. Walking around with 10% bf literally made me a god while in socal I'm average

I'm actually natsoc I just can't stand people of low moral character. The South is a disgrace to the nation and needs to be purged

Minority bukkake

From the CDC site itself.

>Percent of adults aged 20 and over with overweight, including obesity: 70.7% (2013-2014)

70.7% are overweight INCLUDING OBESITY. So of those that are aged 20+ and overweight that means that roughly HALF that number (~35%) are obese.
>again for the people in the back
2/3rds of Americans aged 20 and older are overweight and/or obese. SO OP IS RIGHT.

Based off of a United Nations population estimate as of today there are 326,960,585 people living in the United States of America. According to a census report from 2013 23.3% of those are under the age of 20. That means that
>76.7% are age 20 or older which is roughly 250,778,769 people
>32.8% of that means that 82,255,436 citizens are OVERWEIGHT
>37.9% of that means that 95,045,153 citizens are OBESE
>167,184,174 Americans age 20 and older are Obese and Overweight.

>So if you are age 20 or older only 83,509,330 are a healthy and normal weight with a healthy BMI.

And this doesn't even touch adolescents and children. The numbers are staggering yall. Also think about how many people who have healthy BMI's are even in shape, athletic, or go to the gym? An even smaller percentage of those adults with a good BMI are in shape and Veeky Forums .

tl:dr
>82 million Americans aged 20 or older are overweight
>95 million Americans aged 20 or older are obese
>Only 83 million of us are at a healthy weight and a much smaller percentage of that is Veeky Forums
>167 million adults in the U.S. are overweight and/or obese

>Also according to the CIA world fact book the U.S is #18 as of 2008 for highest obesity rate by country with a rate of 33.0%. However most of the countries with higher rates are small islands with smaller populations. Really makes you think.

>He's overexaggerating ofc but holy shit it's amazing how many fat people are in the south. The obese literally outnum

It's true. Here's a map of obesity rates by state in the U.S. It's similar to map of poverty rates desu.

>ignores real statistics and comes up with his own
>lol kansas xDD redneckkkss bumblefucks xDD white trash xDD
>global city.
Yeah let's go to a poor, garbage and feces covered multicult hellhole to see the peak performance of humanity.

You do realize that blacks and mestizos are fatter than white Americans, don't you? Most of the poor statistics that come from the south like poverty, low education, low IQ, and obesity are because of the black population.
>fat southern inbred racist church going
Leftists are still stuck in the 1990s/early 2000s political paradigm. Most new right wingers are now working class average white people. Most extreme nationalists are young, disenfranchised white males from all walks of life. It wasn't rednecks who voted Trump into office, it was rust-belt and other working class whites who the left abandoned while chasing after their brown replacement votes.

Blacks lead in obesity rates. Majority blacks live in the south. West virginia is alittle odd though but I guess its just mcdonalds

Lmao, I've lived in Houston and LA and they are full of fatties. Especially the Mexicans.

>cartoon reaction images

Lmao what an """"adult""""

Stop making Americans look stupid

This is the correct answer.

Everybody consider what the statistics mean for a moment; nobody suggests that BMI is a perfect measure for every single person in every society. It's not a measure of beauty. But it is a statistical model that predicts certain health factors and complication.

To believe that it doesn't apply to you means that you believe that you are special, truly special. Like, outside of two standard deviations special. And what are the odds that you are in the top 2.5% of humanity? Does anything else in your life corroborate this idea? ARe you in the top 2.5% of your class, in height, in income? Then why wouldn't the BMI apply to you?

I am 6' tall, and 195 lbs. I know that I am overweight, and I'm working on it. Even though I think that I really am more fit than most people (ran 8 miles this morning with an average pace of 8:28 a mile), I know that I need to lose weight because the BMI model probably applies to me, and it means that I am probably at risk for adverse health events.

>tfw living in colorao
>tfw it's rare to see someone very overweight
>fit people everywhere you go

feels good man
btw fuck off we are full

>Only 5.1% of adults are exclusively obese

that's not how the numbers work. the number is literally what percent are obese. 37.9% of people are obese. i have no idea why you tried subtracting the percent of overweight from the percent of obese and trying to use that as a new number for the percent of obese. that makes no sense.

over two thirds of americans are *at least* overweight, with over a full third of the total population being obese

I live in Colorado, and you're full of shit. Fat people are still everywhere. The difference between the highest and lowest rates of obesity in the country is only 13%. There are only 13% fewer obese people in Colorado than in the fattest states in the country.

got a point. Sure Colorado has less fat people just like Massachusetts, DC, Utah, California, Hawaii, and Montana have smaller amounts than the rest of the US. but its still not by much .

Yes. 37 out of 100 are obese. Fatties are everywhere. Pretty disgusting.

this woman is perfect.

>i'm overweight according to that
Probably the only true thing in that post

>To believe that it doesn't apply to you means that you believe that you are special, truly special. Like, outside of two standard deviations special.
It's not meant to specifically apply to anyone, and being 'outside' of it isn't as special as you're claiming. It's a tool for statistical analysis over an entire population. It's not meant to be used for individual health assessment.
There's no reason to pay attention to BMI when you can receive much more accurate risk predictors (like bf%.)

Look guys, most people DON'T lift weights and aren't just loaded up with muscle. Yeah okay BMI is not a good indicator of individual health UNLESS you're part of the sedentary majority. there's also tons of studies that use it so it's a good metric for researching disease and identifying risk. but yes, you're all very strong handsome boys that defy statistics good job

That's not true, and you know it.

All this shit from these retards about Trump being some sort of a champion of the white working class is deluded. Niggers and spics aren't taking your jobs... they're being automated, computerized, and outsourced to places where workers rights don't exist to maximize profits for a manipulative leisure class.

I don't give a shit about IDpol, but these dumbass hicks have the class consciousness of a pile of rocks and they're too cucked to even dare to address that shit. They think being worked like a mongrel dog is a virtue. It's their brand of slave morality.

>Yeah okay BMI is not a good indicator of individual health UNLESS you're part of the sedentary majority
even for the fit majority it's a good indicator, the natural limit is around height in cm - 100 = lean natural limit
and to get to that you have to be training really hard for many years, realistically, not many natural people that lift weights even get near to their potential

if I elongate my neck like hers will I get height gains?

I didn't read the thing but does it break it down by race? Anecdotally, my college which is a majority spic has a ridiculous obesity rate, while most of the white students are at least not fat.

Why did you leave out the fact that over 60% of Negroes and Mestizos are obese, which is what's really driving up the obesity rate in USA? Whites are a lot less fat on average.

This is your brain on leftism.

>a mental midget is calling others stupid
Republicans are scum, but people like you who tolerate subhumans in his country are the lowest form of life on this planet. Your life has no more value than a cockroaches. There is no place for nonwhites in white nations. The only reason for their ban we need is that they are not our people.

As for the obesity rates, its mostly the fault of Negroes:
stateofobesity.org/disparities/blacks/
White obesity rate around 30%, Negro obesity rate 65%

I live in Miami, the vainest city in the country (fucking Latino machismo and shit) and I see fatties all the time, especially the old retired Jews from New York.

>Do you guys seriously believe that out of every 100 people, 37 of them are obese?
You must live mostly around whites.

Bump