Is it true that exercising your forearms for hypertrophy is a waste of time

Is it true that exercising your forearms for hypertrophy is a waste of time.

Dorian Yates said he never exercised forearms, just lifted big.

Not talking about actual functional strength exercising.

I see these skinnyfat junkie-alkie slobs handymen who have huge fucking veiny forearms. No chest, disgusting belly, anorectic looking, no legs, HUGE popeye fuckign veiny bulging forearms.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FIS14Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505586889&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=fatgripz&dpPl=1&dpID=51PCtWJTiWL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well?

I never do any direct work for my forearms. I just never use straps and do most of my accessories for diddys with a double overhand grip.
I play around with toys like captain of crushes once in a while because they're fun to use

Should I stop doing reverse curls then?

Just have a shit form on the upperbody exercises and forearms would be hit hard.

Fucking dyel lmao

My forearms are thin and underdeveloped. I don't know what's the best thing to do but I try and do wrist curls every other day.

My forearms get enough work from my routine anyways...

>Rows
>Lat pulldowns
>Curls
>Facepulls
>deadlift
>Pullup

Literally everything hits the forearms, it mostly comes down to genetics but you could isolate them if you struggle

This. I do add some heavy ass hammer curls once in a while, but mostly just because I really like doing them.

Yates was on steroids and had great genetics, you can't compare yourself with him
Not doing any direct forearm work is fucking retarded, like not doing triceps or biceps because other compounds hit them too.
Do heavy farmer's walks or hammer curls and you'll see your forearms grow, if you do only wrist curls with bitch weights of course they won't do shit for you

Dorian Yates is a fucking liar then

Forearm rollers and reverse curls make a big difference for nattys. I found that they work really well (pic related). Slow and painful make the little muscles grow.
Dorian didn't need to stimulate them directly for them to grow, he was on plenty of anabolics. Take that into consideration when you neglect muscles because some huge dudes choose to.

THIS
Heavy farmer's walk will grow your forearms like crazy & give you a great pump. I just walk 60yd give or take 4 times or til failure

skinnyfat junkie-alkie slobs handymen who have huge fucking veiny forearms. No chest, disgusting belly, anorectic looking, no legs, HUGE popeye fuckign veiny bulging forearms here....I usually have to hold a hammer all day or grip a screwdriver because I actually work unlike you sitting in your mothers basement...so stop being a whiney bitch and train your shitty ,skelly, tiny wristlette forearms you pussy

something about this pic really upsets me and I cant put my finger on it. shoulder angle in relation to chest or w/e

Dorian was on a lot of hormones. It's foolish to think your body will grow like his.

Overpowering anterior delts probably

yeah, now with full body and different angle I see it, looks much better (no homo)

Can I see how your forearms have responded to this kind of training? Not memeing, I'm conflicted because
Seems to have gotten serious results with forearm isolations.

can absolutely confirm. grab 25-35% of your bodyweight per arm and go 50yds back and forth with a short hold before you go back, and there wont be a single fucking inch from your thumb to your elbow that doesnt have a strong opinion on what you just did

routine? mirin

Alphas just have bigger forearms, nothing you can do about it
>dad never lifted a day in his life, just did boxing as a kid
>works manual labor
>huge as fuck wrists and forearms

>be me
>beta spoiled first world kid
>more muscle mass than dad
>still look infinitely more beta because not as thicc/hairy

I've heard these

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FIS14Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505586889&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=fatgripz&dpPl=1&dpID=51PCtWJTiWL&ref=plSrch

give your forearms a pump like never

Thanks friend. Angle is everything.

Thank you, Incoming wall of text
Push
DB OHP 4sets increasing weight 12-8 reps (65)
Superset with DB front raise 12 reps (25)
DB Incline fly 4 sets 12 - 8 reps (65)
Superset with Db Lateral raise 12 reps (30)
DB flat bench fly 3 sets 8 reps (40)
Superset close grip Db to failure (40)
Hanging leg raises 4 sets of 12
Superset with side crunches and Incline twists 4 sets of 20
Weighted dips 4 sets of 10, (+45) last set to failure with no weight
Finish with light pec deck 4 sets of 12 and to failure on last set
Or finish with Tricep push downs 4 sets of 12
Stretch

Pull
Pendlay row 4 sets of 12-8 reps increasing weight (185)
Close grip pull down 4 sets of 12-8 reps (190)
Superset with wide pull up 4 sets 12-8 reps (160)
Preacher curls 4 sets of 12 (30)
Superset with reverse curls 4 sets of 12 (20)
Db row 4 sets of 12 (75)
Superset with rear delt fly 4 sets of 12 (20)
Finish on isolateral row machine 4 sets of 12 (225)
Or finish with bodyweight pull ups 4 sets to failure
Stretch and use wrist roller at home

Legs
Squat 5 sets, 12 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps, 5 reps, 5 reps. (315)
Rigid leg deadlift 5 sets of 8-12 reps (225)
Single leg Calf raises 4 sets of 12 reps
Superset with light Good mornings 4 sets of 12 (90)
Quad extension 4 sets of 12 reps
Superset Hamstring curl 4 sets of 12 reps
Stretch

There are about 20 different muscles in your forearms. Anything that challenges your grip will work many of them, but not all of them. At minimum you should be doing some kind of reverse curl or hammer curl as well.

Forearms are a lot like calves though. You'll never have very big forearms unless you have good insertions.

I don't directly train them and I have decent forearms.

What the fuck do you shave your arms or something?

Yes. Problem?

just looks like shit LOL

XD

shave more frequently or epilate mane

yeah the hair looks bad m8

Deadlifts + Farmer Walks is all you need for forearms.

Supinated db curls got my forearms jacked

But this basically

dat natty swan

KETTLEBELL SWINGS

You know that vein kind of above the elbow? No you don't you don't use kettlebells. Silly you.

hmmm I wonder what happened.

>Forearm rollers
Explain

A string, a weight, and a stick. Roll the weight up using the rope tied around the stick and the weight. Roll it forward to lift it, lower it slowly. Flip the stick around, roll it up backwards, lower it alowly.
Use youtube or Google god you're lazy.

A small cylindrical bar with a thin rope attatched it that you can load weights on. Hold the bar with elbows extended at shoulder height and roll the rope up until the weights cannot go any higher, then control the weights on the way back down by rolling the bar the other way.

attacht to low pulley cable (only load smallest possible weight at first) and roll from like five yards away for increasing resistance as you roll. brutally rapes your forearms on the first set. do five.

Clever. I never thought of using a machine. I just made one at home with a dowel, string, and cast iron cooking pans lol.

kek, I ghetto-ed all kinds of shit with mine too, one time even wrist rolled thengfs dog in its little gay harness. but yeah, the increasing resistance from the cable as you roll will humble you. I roll 20lbs 5xF on the roller and still laugh, but 4lbs 2xF from 5-6 yds away has me writhing on the floor in shame and pain.