There is not 1 single lift made easier by being tall

There is not 1 single lift made easier by being tall.
Debate me.

Other urls found in this thread:

anatomyandphysiologyi.com/lever-systems-bone-muscle-relationships/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the lift off from crippling depression

>Atlas stones
fuck yourself manlet

deadlift if you also have tall arms

>Atlas stones
[citation needed]
You realize that would fly in the face of every single thing we know about simple machines and physics, right?
Just because the strongest men on earth are tall (because they have greater POTENTIAL muscle mass) doesn't refute the claim that 'There is not 1 single lift made easier by being tall.'

I'm pretty sure no one disagrees. Everyone always says taller guys have a larger ROM

Incorrect.
Unless you're a genetic freak who got long arms only, the benefit you get by having long arms will be utterly negated by your proportionally longer spine and legs.
Try again.

Pull ups/chin ups
It's much easier if you don't have to get on a fucking chair to get to the bar
>fucking manlets

>I'm pretty sure no one disagrees.
Bring up deadlifts and watch the retards try to out maneuver basic physics.

You are clever but we both know this is false in the sense I mean in the OP.

no it wouldn't, if you need to place the stone on a 5'8" high platform it would benefit to be tall enough to be able to see the top of it you fucking manlet

Okay have a guy 65 inches tall take a 200lb stone and put it on the 55 inch platform
Then compare to someone who's 72 inches.
Who's going to have an easier time

>There is not 1 single lift made easier by being tall.
>post an exercise that is legitimately easier to do being tall
>You are clever but we both know this is false in the sense I mean in the OP.
You know, I never really believed it until now, but height really is correlated to brain size

Ok, fine, that one fake ass lift that nobody does that has a height requirement built in is easier if you're tall.
I'm sure sets of "Squats But The Bar Has To Be Six Foot Of The Ground" would be easier if you're tall too.
Also, why assume I'm a manlet?
Would it not be much more logical to assume I'm a weak lanklet trying to cope?

Ok idiot, how is setting up a pull-up part of doing a pull-up?
(it isn't)

if you have long limbs relative to your height, which is usually a trait of tall men, you will be better at deadlifting (and worse at bench, squat) - ROM does not really negate this, because ROM is not terribly relevant for 1rm attempts - you do not fail due to fatigue (because a 1rm takes like 20 seconds tops for the grindiest deadlift), you fail due to inability to generate enough torque at a small section of the ROM

someone will point out half squatting being easier, or rack pulls being easier, or IPF benchers with huge arches - cutting ROM is just a side effect here, the reason these are so much easier is because the critical part of the ROM ("sticking point") has been removed entirely

where ROM does matter is for max rep attempts, where fatigue is a factor

>if you have long limbs relative to your height, which is usually a trait of tall men
[citation needed]

>fake ass lift
a staple of strongmen
and why else would you post this dumbass thread? you're either a manlet or a hungry skelly lanklet, and if you're the latter, fuck off, I'm not going to indulge in your cuck fantasy

>tall people have a deadlift ROM advantage
>ROM isn't important though
.......wut??

>post an exercise that is easier to do
>pull ups/chin ups because you don't need a chair to reach the bar
>waaaaaa, that's not part of the exercise!
Did I say it was part of it? No. But you can't deny it's easier because we don't need a fucking chair to get up to the bar
>manlets trying to act tough

Okay how about this. Literally any Olympic weightlifting exercise. You have more time between the first pull and the second pull to generate bar speed, and for the jerk you can take a bigger dip

they don't have a ROM advantage, they have a leverage advantage

big difference

It's just a glorified deadlift with a height requirement.
We're talking about a lift that some people are literally to short to even preform.

All that is negated by the leverage disadvantage.

I see. Well I'm talking about proportionate lanklets.
If you can find a source saying tall people more often than not also have disproportionately long arms, I'll concede to you.

Leverages aren't about height, they're about proportions. Longer legs vs torso or shorter legs vs torso. People who are short can have bad leverages too

boi, if you hand to build a machine that was anatomically proportionate that was preform OLY lifts with minimal energy expenditure, would you give it very long limbs/torso or short limbs/torso?
Warning: you will betray your understanding of physics by answering this.

I'd say there's not a simple perfect ratio for Olympic weightlifting. Something's are easier or harder for certain body types. I'd say weightlifting is a little bit more lenient on body types than powerlifting is. At least in the amateur field

I'm sure there are aren't where height isn't a disadvantage.
I'm just saying there are none, except the fucking Atlas Stone I guess, where it's an advantage.

*****I'm sure there are arenas where

Read what I actually said in here >You have more time between the first pull and the second pull to generate barspeed
This is a clear advantage

The left of self esteem when you look down on manlets

you read what I said about how that advantage is negated by the leverage disadvantage.
All proportions in limb to torso being equal, a taller person must use more energy to preform the same maneuver at the same weight.
Disagree with this and I'll bury you in facts about simple machines.
Fuck, like talking to fucking wall.

>a taller person must use more energy to preform the same maneuver at the same weigh
>how to tell someone never olylifted before
jesus christ. Using more energy is good because you're inputting that energy onto the bar during the triple extension, making the bar rise up faster, making the drop to the bottom of the clean/snatch easier
In the sport of Olympic Weightlifting, more energy in the same amount of time is always a good thing
fucking cuckold

You're intentionally misunderstanding me.
My OP states "There is not 1 single lift made easier by being tall."
I never said "There is not 1 single lift you can't become good at by being tall."
Tall people have no special energy production organ. They use calories, just like everybody else.
To properly expend more of this energy on an object, you consequently need more training.
Know that anybody reading this will clearly see that you're being intentionally dense in a pathetic attempt to debunk 9th grade physics..

I agree with this, I'm 6'3 and I can barely squat 330 but I can deadlift almost 500 pounds

m8 I'm saying it's easier to lift more weight being taller simply for the fact of being taller. You're the one that's misunderstanding me
Given two people with proportional builds, the exact same genetics and skill, and proportional muscle mass in relation to their height, the taller one can input more energy into the bar during the first pull and second pull, letting them bring the bar up to a higher degree, making the lift easier

>taller one can input more energy into the bar during the first pull and second pull
Yes BUT the taller person NEEDS that advantage to overcome the DISADVANTAGE brought on by the "two people with proportional builds, the exact same genetics and skill, and proportional muscle mass in relation to their height" scenario because there is more mechanical disadvantage inherent in that taller person's system of movement so the result is a wash.

>mechanical disadvantage inherent in that taller person's system of movement so the result is a wash
What disadvantage, user?

Moving the fulcrum (height difference) changes the load, regardless of the mass being moved.
Moving the fulcrum AWAY from your load makes the load require more energy input for movement.
Did you receive an education?

anatomyandphysiologyi.com/lever-systems-bone-muscle-relationships/

>Moving the fulcrum (height difference) changes the load
m8. Do you think that the clean is a deadlift?
Increased height is a good thing because as I keep telling you, you have more chances to generate bar speed you faggot

Again, if you had to make a machine to do this, and energy input was a factor, you wouldn't give it long limbs because it will space out all your fulcrums needlessly.

>more chances to generate bar speed
You have never provided evidence as to how that overcomes the fact that the weight must consequently go further up for a taller person in this scenario but also with a with a less efficient force distribution system (which you just agreed exists).
You are bro scienceing out your ass dude and it's so obvious.

Still not BTFO yet.
Any takers?

Triceps. Ever heard of a lever nigger?

>Atlas stones

>"Lift"
>"Triceps"
How fucking dumb are you?

>OHP
being tall makes it easier, as it always looks more intimidating, therefore strengthening your ego.

lifting a girl from her manlet boyfriend

the lift of life

I sm 6'7 with long arms. Dead lift us ok but everu other lift, and squats fucking kill me.

Who cares bruh, just make it more impressive when you are one of the few strong lanklets. If you can hit 1/2/3/4 for reps at 6'4" plus, you are a god to commoners.

Picking up chicks.
Do I mean this literally or figuratively?

Checkmate manlets.