/fat/ put the fork down fatty edition

"I didn't feel like waiting for a new thread to pop up" sub-edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Stainless-Digital-Batteries-Included/dp/B00V5IM5PY/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1505659777&sr=8-12&keywords=food kitchen scale
walmart.com/ip/CO-Z-11lb-5kg-Digital-Kitchen-Food-Scale-Stainless-Steel-Platform-With-LCD-Display/142704909?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=722bf859-4e3d-4d3d-80b0-2bfd01188735&config_id=2&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=722bf859-4e3d-4d3d-80b0-2bfd01188735&item_id=142704909&parent_anchor_item_id=37531705&parent_item_id=37531705&placement_id=irs-2-m3&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=TLB_HjEEPEclheovIsmH78
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>it's not even 9am
>2000 calories down
SEND

HELP

>fell asleep early last night before logging mfp

killed a two month streak

You've dranken 104 oz. of milk today?

almost the whole gallon yes

i had some of it with dinner last night

Don't even reply to him. It's clearly a fucking joke. What gratification he gets by misleading people into thinking he's some milk and banana addict, I have no idea.

>3L of milk before 9am
Just formatted my HDD so no picture to summarise this disaster

I got stoned last night for the first time in 7 months.

I ordered bruchetta, chicken and vegetables, and a thing of bread pudding from a resturuant and devoured it all. The bread pudding was one of the greatest things I've ever eaten, I couldn't stop myself. I dont want to know how many calories it was.

I'm gonna fast 24h to atone for my sins. It was worth it though.

No need to fast like a retard.

You fucked up once, it's ok. Carry on like normal.

>clearly a joke
I wish

This.

Story for my fellow fatties.

I was 230lbs when I joined the Marines. Came out 160 3 months later. I was ripped.

70 lbs in three months and I looked good too. No excessive lose skin.

What did I eat? A shit ton of food, three meals a day. Protein filled breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

As long as you workout and you're active you'll lose weight

rate my breakfast brown rice, onions, garlic, two thin slices of flank steak and a bunch of olive oil. Does anyone have a healthy alternative to cooking oils? or is olive oil ok to cook with?

mate then YOU'RE clearly a joke. What the fuck goes through your mind thinking 'fuck yeah, gonna drink two litres of fucking full fat milk in one sitting' jesus christ

also cauliflower*

i was hungry and didnt think about it

Watch out for that olive oil. 120 kcal in a Tanlespoon.

>aiming for 7k deficit per week
>ended this week with 3,5k deficit

gotta stop drinking

I did it /fat/
I went to a party with alcohol and pizza and chicken wings
Didnt have any at all and just maintained

just use less oil. You can try the spray Pam stuff but I don't trust it because it seems like a non-food that is doing more damage than its worth.

PSA these things are a godsend to anyone doing keto. Low carb (ranging between 3 and 4.5 depending on the flavour) Only 205 calories per par, they're huge too, they don't just satisfy you for 30 minutes, one will fill me up for 2.5 hours or so if i'm hungry inbetween a meal or at work. A little pricey, around $3 AUD per bar, which is quite a lot considering you could spend the same amount and get a pack of like 8 muesli bars for the same price. High in protein, 6g of fat, and the best part is they fucking taste amazing. I put the choc mint one in the freezer for 15 minutes and it tastes just like choc mint ice cream. I think they're sweetened with stevia plant which is why they're low carb. A m a z i n g protein snack. I don't even hit the gym and I eat these bad boys. Gotta watch out for excess protein though but a snack is a snack.

Fucking eat this instead of your bananas and your gallons and gallons of milk

Plus more flavours now, I think theirs an apple and cinnamon scroll flavour and a hazlenut flavour. No I dont work for BSC, i just fucking love these things. They make keto bearable and cure my sweet tooth.

Well dont buy milk then. Or at leastjust a 1liter container. Man we dont even have stuff in gallon containers in the eu.
But i can understand you milk is awesome and i love it too thats why i dont buy milk and peanutbutter for that matter since i can just devoure it at one sitting.

If you dont have stuff in your home you cant accidently eat it

Not really breakfast food but eat whatever you want. How the fuck do you stomach steak and garlic first thing in the morning

Yeah boi!

I usually only buy once every other week or so but then i end up drinking it all cuz i havent had it in awhile

it's so cheap too

Fat fucks.

>eating breakfast

That face when you still think of yourself as "the fat guy/girl" but suddenly realise that you are now less fat than people in your family or friends

I'd sub the rice for cabbage or cauliflower. Can't avoid oils completely so just be careful with the amount.

Based!!!

What if I don't have a scale to weight my food how am I suppose to know how many oz and stuff I eat? And no I don't have money to buy one.

You can get one for like $10, motherfucker.

You can find converters online. Off the top of my head I remember that 4 DL flour = 250 grams

I don't have one either and i can manage. If you buy a 400g bag of pasta and eat half of it, that's 200 grams. If you buy 1kg of chicken breast and eat it in 5 days, that's 200 grams per day on average

So how do I know how much calories I should be eating a day? I'm guessing at least 2000?

If you want to lose weight, you find your TDEE (link in OP) and eat 500-1000 calories below that.

I live in america and they didn't teach me the metric system. One of you guys have a chart or a converter or something?

Read the OP and the sticky, dude

How did you get here if you can't even use Google?

Also, you did learn the metric system because all science classes use metric.

I got 3564 so then I should at least eat 2500 a day then?

When I was going to school you didn't need a science credit to graduate. [spoiler]Yes I have brain problems and lucked out.[/spoiler]

32g of protein in 200 calories? Damn do they sell these in Canada?

Eating out is just annoying now I'm paranoid of nutrition facts I feel like they are all lying about their serving sizes.

That's a high TDEE. Be careful if you choose a high activity level. It's a good idea to choose sedentary or the next level.

But if it's right, then yes, you should eat around 2500 which will help you lose around 2lbs per week.
MyFitnessPal or other resources can help you track your calories.

So, I started a diet and going to the gym before calculatint my TDEE. Should I calculate it as if I was still sedentary?

I have this scale, works great and it's only $10 USD and I got free shipping.

amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Stainless-Digital-Batteries-Included/dp/B00V5IM5PY/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1505659777&sr=8-12&keywords=food kitchen scale

On a 1200 calorie diet and I ate Tim Hortons for breakfast and ate up 1000 calories on it.

A lot of calculators vastly overestimate the calories burned from workout, so be careful.
If you work out every day in a way that raises your pulse and makes you sweat, then you can pick a higher level of activity, but if we're talking lifting weights twice a week and going for a walk two days, then be very conservative.

Even in middle school you use metric for science classes, dude. You may not remember it, but you were taught it.

I didn't choose a high activity level here is how I got it.

Is free shipping still happeneing or no?

I think if you have amazon prime or spend a total of $25 in the order it's free shipping

Amazon Prime is free if you're currently enrolled in a college/university.

Alright that looks fine. 2500 should do the job.

It's not free for me but It's discounted to about 99$ a year if you have an edu email.

Hmm does walmart have cheap scales I can go and buy right now?

Alright i'll start eating at the most 2500 calories a day right? If I hold back and eat a little less let's say anywhere from 1500-2000 calories that would be alright, right?

does having an edu email mean you're in college? because there definitely is a 6 month free trial if you are.

I went from 210 to 175 currently off counting calories, but now it seems impossible to get to my goal weight of 150. Too much stuff happening in my life to the point where I might be doing good for a week but then stress eat or whatever. I hate it. I haven't started going to the gym yet so maybe that would help, but anyone else have any suggestions?

Maybe try stress eating fruit?

You have to figure out what works for you. A rule of thumb is to not go under 1500, but I don't think there's much science behind it.
Don't eat so little that it makes you snap and binge.
I managed fine on ~1600 and I was 265lbs 6'1" when I started, so not that dissimilar to you.

I think that you should aim for 2300 calories a day If you want to go under 2500. Starting off is hard so you don't try punishing yourself unless you are 100% sure you can handle it. It took me a while to get the pounds to come off because I was trying to go 800 off what was reccomended

Yeah, this one might even have free shipping. I'm from Canada so I can't really see how much shipping to the US costs. Look around and find one you like, there are some for under $10 too apparently. I'm just gonna link a random one.

walmart.com/ip/CO-Z-11lb-5kg-Digital-Kitchen-Food-Scale-Stainless-Steel-Platform-With-LCD-Display/142704909?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=722bf859-4e3d-4d3d-80b0-2bfd01188735&config_id=2&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=722bf859-4e3d-4d3d-80b0-2bfd01188735&item_id=142704909&parent_anchor_item_id=37531705&parent_item_id=37531705&placement_id=irs-2-m3&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=TLB_HjEEPEclheovIsmH78

Where is the confess post?
I had a bday to attend and I ate cake. That broke my fast which was 15 hours only. And some Doritos.
:(((

So basically eat at a 500 kcal deficit to lose weight? 1300 should do it, yeah?

You don't need to go to the gym if there's too much stuff happening in your life, but if you can devote thirty minutes or so just walking briskly around the block do it every day. Also look up intermittent fasting if you haven't already, it's a good way to still lose weight while keeping yourself free for other tasks.

We're all going to make it, just hang in there, things will work out.

Yes

Ok i'll try eating at max 2300 calories a day. Thanks for all the help user.

Alright i'll go to walmart later today and buy one.

So you telling me I can lose weight by still eating fast food and junk food just make sure I don't pass my calorie intake limit?

Sure if you take three bites from that calorie sauce slathered burger, and don't get fries or a drink. Actually three bites might be too high. Eat your veggies that aren't infected with oil and lard.

Aren't in-n-out protein style burgers actually healthy? No soda and fries just the burger.

I've never had an in-n-out burger. I've never lived in a place where we had in-n-outs so I couldn't tell you. I know all the fast food I have experienced were delicious but only beaten by candy and ice cream as the worst foods I could eat for me.

Morning (afternoon) /fat/. Just had a small keto brownie chunk and a green tea. Gonna play with my pull up bar later and see if I can manage half a pull up this time.

Go for a full one and keep at it. You'll feel ecstatic when you get that first one.

>just moved into uni halls
>our 'welcome package' consisted of 1 squares bar 1 enegy drink (sugar free) and 1 pot noodle pasta
>Dont get my gibsmedat til tomorrow

Should I just bite the bullet and eat this junk?
Also anyone at UCLan???

Also I doubt a slice of pizza is more than 500cals right? Probably eat 1slice for each meal of the day

1kg baked sweet potatoes has 900 kcals fat fucks
ONE FUCKING KILO
STOP BEING FAT

I'm not sure I'm there yet, but will try. It only arrived yesterday and me and my stepdad (we are workout buddies, it's helped us bond as we never really did) both had a laugh when neither of us could do even one. I got him to hold my legs and I some, and we both did some leaning, so it's all about building up.

Could be more than 500. Just depends on how much sugar is in the sauce and how much cheese is on it. I've given pizza up as a no go food.

>mess served tendies for lunch
>had a bag of white cheddar popcorn that night
>and a few beers
>a few more beers
>and even more beers
>now I'm having lunch on my fast day to absorb my mistakes
Whoops

>squares bar
No idea what that is, seems to be a banana bread-ish thingy from Kollegs? Loaded with sugar, I guess.
Pour out the energy drink - easier said then done.
Make the pod noodle pasta, but don't drink the broth when you've made it, just eat the noodles - or half of it. The broth is so salty and not good for you. Eat the squares bar in an hour or so.
Drink water. Lots of water.
What other options do you have? Can you not afford one banana at a store, or a small salad-meal?

Basically I have 15 quid to my name atm before my gibs tomorrow. Wanted to save it incase I get fucked over and the money doesnt enter my account.

Ill just do the dew tonight and then stock full of frozen veg and meat tomorrow.

Is it ok to eat fast food once a week or will that fuck up my diet?

>day before weigh day

Every time you cheat you set yourself back but only you can determine the value a cheat meal will bring to your sanity versus the calories it will set you back.

It's fine, whatever. Figure out how many calories whatever you want to eat and drink contains. Then either keep it under your daily allowance or save up for it during the week. When you use calorie tracking apps you can usually see your how far over or under you are for the week.

But I thought all the meatheads and roided people said at least a cheat day once a week was ok?

Really looking forward to it. Been disciplined with my eating (as usual) and somehow had the willpower not to weigh myself since Wednesday.

They're not fat. They eat want they want because of that. If you want to get to their level you're going to have to overcome obstacles.

Alright guess I won't have any cheat days till I lose some weight then.

It depends on your goals and how you eat on non-cheat days.
If you eat 500 calories below TDEE every day and then completely pig out on your cheat day, you won't see much or any progress.

Check how much calories are in the bar and the noodle and see what you have to go on.
Skip the energy drink, easy for me to say, even though I would probably drink it myself had it been with sugar.

Go for a walk, to a gas station or someplace open, they usually sell fruit - allthough slightly more expensive then a supermarket, but an apple and a banana goes a long way.
Just don't spend 15 money on a burger, fries and a soda.

>eating 3 medium sized pancakes and 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast (450kcal)
What are some other delicious breakfasts for under 500 calories?

>when weight day and penis inspection day falls on the same day
Fucking hate it.

Yogurt with berries and fruit.

I almost broke /fat/ I almost broke. Feeling hungry in line at the gas station, almost bought 2 16oz red bulls. Felt hungry when I got home, almost ordered pizza, almost stopped into arby's on my way home from classes yesterday. But I did not break, /fat/ I did not fucking break.

Skip weighing then. She's going to weigh your penis anyways.

not yesterday, friday

So when does feeling hungry go away? I assume never but normal weight people just get used to that feeling?

Great work, friend. Your willpower is improving.

I don't get all this wanting cheat days and fast food and how it's such a big problem.

I eat 1k calories below TDEE and still have delicious stuff for dinner every day while still eating breakfast and lunch.
If I want a pizza, I'll make it myself so I know exactly what goes in it. Losing weight is only miserable if you don't know how to cook at all.

I got fat eating good, delicious food and I'm getting thin doing the same, just in slightly smaller wuantities and with slight tweaks to the ingredients.

When I was doing one meal a day I would get used to it after a few days. Drinking water helped a lot.

im at 220
was 275
t-thats good r-right?

You lost a child's worth of body weight, Of course that's amazing. Keep at it.