Life General

Life General

In most cases what should a man in his early 30s have accomplished this far and what should he be striving for in your eyes?

Gf

Get a good job/career that can guarantee him a good life and smooth retirement.
Own a house/piece of land. Not a fucking condo.
Start a family.
Be in good health. Be smart and educated.

Working an office job earning enough to afford rent and to run a small, old car.

Live in a small apartment in a shit end of the city

Have a gf who controls you and makes you feel small and useless because you forget to wash the dishes when you get home, even though she has been "between jobs" for 5 months now and spends most of her time sat on her laptop.
Also she is getting fatter month by month but doesn't care and won't do anything about it.

Be engaged to this girl, despite deep down knowing you wish you could be free of her, but you're too scared to end it.

or.. or something like that i dunno this isnt me

>Get a good job/career that can guarantee him a good life and smooth retirement.

>don't strive for great things
>take the easy and comfortable way
>don't take risks

Just turner 18,
Buying a motorcycle,
Enlisted in the armed forces.
Might buy a Chihuahua but don't know if I could take him with me.

Where an I headed fellas?

> already blowing his money on stupid shit and he barely has any
> Where am I headed fellas? :D

Stupidity and poverty.

get a real dog you faggot.

Epic

Malamute?

I'm 23
Have a solid office job making 45000 per year, after 2 years im guaranteed promotion and a raise
I have a good but high mileage Lexus
Ive got $7000 total in student loan debt and im putting $300 Or more a month towards it
And I no longer have gf but I'm just fucking around.
Goal is to be managing a team of creatives in 5 years

I'm 30

Single and don't go outside except for work
Make 100K + a year

No house of my own
No friends
Two cars

I'll need a mode of transport once I am enlisted and a motorcycle is the cheapest option. Its me actually trying to save money more than blowing it lol.

Insurance is 1/3 the cost than if I bought a car

ur livin it

End it and free yourself. Start looking for another place, work the numbers, make a plan. Then execute (the plan, not the dead weight you're supporting)

Profound autism

Benching 400

>lose virginity
>have own business
>have own flat / house and car

i have only car out those 4

This

I'm kind of miserable though

>Be alone
>Make money
>Have no goals in life
>Not sure what to do anymore
>Day by day, same thing and nothing changes
>Better keep doing the same things right guys

A man in his 30s should be his own fucking man and not live according to anyone else's expectations, because he's realized his personal fulfillment is the only thing that matters in the end.

>Buying a motorcycle
Injured in motorcycle accident and medically discharged from the military

>Enlisted in the armed forces
Provided the above doesn't happen you will end up as a broken and destitute veteran.

Ya dun goofed.

I don't want to be alive anyway lol

>fuckkkkkkkk

That is what has been happening to me, I don't care anymore what society tells me I need to be happy

I have started forming my own path and my own happiness

You should use that money and buy some land to build an off the grid permaculture homestead. Really let's you personalize your home and give a sense of ownership. Plus if you want you can always make friends with other people doing the same thing. You could also do a bit of backpacking and expose yourself to new places and people. Something different for a change.

IDGAF you prick
not fit related

Never said you would die. Maybe living dead though with how bleak your life will be.

Hm you're so right I should get a corsa and do some pub work and hopefully get an office job in a few years and life in the same town for the rest of my life

>job
>house

This is the route to regrets

Enjoy waking up 1 day wondering what youre even living for

Epic

>Own a house/piece of land. Not a fucking condo.
>Start a family.
>at 30
Are you joking.
I would do that after 30.
Dont settle down while you are young and capable.
>inb4 im gonna stay young and capable until i die
No youre not.

That's still better than being physically and mentally wrecked. Still, that's implying that's your only other option.

I'm 23 dude. By 25 I'll be debt free and have a ton of experience and mobility within the huge company I work for. I'll be in a prime position to find work in my desired field even outside my current company and be financially stable enough to finance my hobbies and whatever relationship I find myself in.
Feels good to not stress about cash flow. Let's me enjoy scuba and rock climbing and travel a lot more

le "do whatever makes you happy" meme

fuck off with that shit. masculinity is a gender role and a societal role because society needs men to fucking function. not genderless hedonists who happen to own a penis, not spiritually fulfilled Y chromosome bearers, fucking functional men. Living within a reasonable range of societal expectations is required to be a part of society. LMOA fuck societal expectations vidya makes me happy and im a real man so im gonna play COD 40 hours a week wait why don't i have a qt3.14 gf? you see this shit daily on this board and its fucking obvious. the answer is that your idea of personal fulfillment is shit, mostly because you're immature because you've never sought out responsibility. At 30 you should be independent and self sufficient. if you're not, then you need to get there as soon as possible. In order to care for the needs of others you must first master your own needs.

Theres a couple of things that require analysis in your post.

For starters, we begin by making the assumption that - man should accomplish - and, before assigning any objects to the category of - what should be accomplished - we should also assume that these objects should be achieved - before a certain time -.

If man - should - accomplish or not lots of people might hold a different point of view. From the most extreme cases, there's those who see no value in accomplishing, abandoning these contemporary lifestyles to live a life of servitude, scarcity, meditation, and so on. Picture a monk, for example. Yet, in the views of the contemporary man, the lives of these types are a "waste".

Our second case leads to those who wish to - do - at all costs. Some do it for better reasons than others. Some win, some fail, some live or die. Whether they end up happy is up to the points of views of them and the myriad of men who know them or have observed them.

Theres many cases on these long lines limited by their respective lower and upper bounds, but one may reduce them to defining them as "manifestations of the ego".

Let it be that the ego takes up many forms, be it silent, be it expressive, whether it should - be - is the right question which replaces the original one (that of if man should accomplish).

So wouldn't then any man argue that the monk is - not - while the man who - does - is? For he may see that one "silences" his ego while the other lets it loose!

But is it really like that? I don't think so. For, on one side, our monk (or whatever you wish to call him) is closer to the art which corresponds to understanding his nature and, the other, may either forget about this art or not care for it at all.

So hes not really "silencing" his ego, is he? In fact, it acquires order through reason. Our meager man might truly accomplish the greatest of feats!

But these extreme cases tell us nothing about what sort of answers we should expect. Whether one should - be - or - not to be - is truly one of the greatest of questions.

Perhaps one should even ask if it is possible to be in the first place, or if its even possible to not be for, what is it to be? and what is it to not be (dead?) ?

Aristotle, when discussing on philosophy, he defines the "greatest of sciences" that which examines the primary causes. By primary causes he means, more or less, a set of primitive objects which cannot be divided any more, picture, for example, the root of it all. So if a science examines rigorously that which composes something that's above in the hierarchy then this is the "greatest of sciences".

It is difficult to answer the main question itself (we should accomplish? / we should be). The most pessimistic of posters may even argue that its, in fact, the other way around (one should stop being at all costs). But I believe we can, as described in the previous post, give one answer to the second one: what should - be - done?

And I believe our answer lies in the primary cause which leads to being. If theres something a man should - do -, if we are to assign a particular object to a category, I'd say man should aspire to know the primary causes behind his intent.

If we are to consider it, then, at all cost, man should aspire to be reasonable before anything else.

Why do you write like that, faggot. Fuck you

Leave me alone, good sir.

fuck you

Its very hard for me to make friends

I'm 30 years old, very successful and have pushed people out of my life for a long time

I'm not easy to get along with unless I'm drunk or high, I have a wall blocking the real me at all times....

>le suicide jokes
then please, as a favor to everyone else, just put a gun to your head and end it. What are you waiting for?

honestly if I'm not a millionaire by the time I'm 35 then I think I failed. I'm 21 rn. Trying to get into dental school. We'll see what happens.

>Suicide is definite, life may get better.
I'll live it through but if I die, I die.

Perhaps lack of regard for my life would have been a better choice of words.

I don't care where I end up. I'm not living for anything.

>dental school
good luck being a melonair when you start your career in debt

Relax, I'm not talking about "smoke weed everyday xD" or "you can identify as and be anything you want in life as long as you aren't harming anyone." I'm talking about if you don't want to go down the path of going to college to become a wagecuck,then spending your life behind a desk tryingg to ascend the corporate latter so that you can afford the privilege of some banker locking you into a 30 mortgage on a soulless suburban home, all so that you can feed the cyclism of consumerism all because this is regarded as successful in society... You see where I am going with this? For instance, If a man would rather buck this trend and become an off the grid survivalist or something along those lines for because he finds a down to earth lifestyle more fulfilling than the expected alternative, then he should pursue it because at the end of the day and ultimately his life, he is the one that has to live with his life choices and no one else. For as long as he lives his life on someone else's terms, he will never be fulfilled and will look back on his life with regret having not taken ownership of it, especially when those people would have long since forgotten about him because how he chose to live his life never really mattered to them anyway.

Be stuck in a boring 9 to 5 job sending memos and emails back and forth about some shitty detail no one cares about

Be married to a girl that settled down with you because she was getting old and fat and no one better was coming up

Have a couple of kids that only annoy you and scream around and drain your disposable income

Started balding and creating an ever increasing beer belly and subcutaneous fat layer

Gave up on exercice as soon as you realize that your peak has past

Be depressed about the fact that 35 is already halfway to 70

Bonus: You should also have had some serious shit going one in your life (a divorce, death of a close loved one, life-threatening sickness)

Motorcycles have much much more maintenance that cars not to mention gear expenses. Really not that much cheaper.
>Gas
Yeah but thats it, and if you really cared you would get a prius.

>I'll be in a prime position to find work in my desired field even outside my current company
Dont be a bitch, start your own business. Dont be a cuck user.

Then id just be being fucked by taxes and working 80 hours a week to barely break even. The print industry is saturated and so is the design industry. I'll keep making money, you do wallow in your debt and backbreaking work till you die user.

gear is a one time purchase, and if you've got more brain cells than the average tree you can do 90% of the maintenance yourself