I went out and talked to strangers

I did a free yoga class in my local park

>never squatted
>been deadlifting a bit tho
>decide fuck it, just throw on a plate and squat past parallel
>what's the worst that can happen, i got those safety bar things on
>wasn't that hard
>went up to 165.

funny because i was embarassed to squat because ego, but now ego gratified, feel good, me go squat more

>Can still increase squat weight by 5kg every time

did some cardio and core work today
>off day
cardio felt good, it was a solid burn

Also deleted almost all of my social media profiles because worried about misinterpretation. pretty liberating desu but im worried im gonna last a week and just go back to them

Will you and OP feel like shit if I tell you as a newfag I can bench press 70kg and squat 90kg naturally?

Congrats Op!

Huzzah

Just did my first pull up. Feels pretty great

>naturally
KEK. shut up, user. They shouldn't feel any worse than before.

They aren't going to suck your dick just because you are defending them user, you have more of a chance sucking yourself off.

a 70 kg bench press is much worse than a 60 kg press. Try 100 kg next time sweetie

>press
Which one sweetie?

60 kg overhead press (what OP did) is equivalent to a ~100 kg bench

Ah I see yeah that is extremely good then, I should give that a go and see how far I get

what we refer to as OHP btw is a standing strict press, you can usually do ~60% of your bench with it if you're the perfectly proportionate athlete, but it can vary from person to person depending on body proportions. To give beginners a good first goal, we have more or less officially declared the "1/2/3/4" standard, which is a 60kg press / 100 kg bench / 140 kg squat / 180 kg deadlift and serves as a first "decent" goal as these numbers are about equal (but as said it can depend on body proportions).

Added 10 pounds to my deadlift. I just started lifting. Only at 145 right now, gotta work my way up.

I see ok that makes sense, so at the moment I am 30kg away from bench and 50kg away from squat, I haven't done press nor deadlifts yet so I'll be sure to add those to my list thanks user.

ye it's decent, but especially for the squat and deadlift I'd recommend any beginner to perfectly watch their form (don't quarter squat and keep your back straight on deadlifts as the most important ones). In case you're unsure, watch as many technique vids on youtube for the big 4 compounds as possible. Along with keeping you away from injuries, a better technique also makes you more efficient at those lifts.

Tfw can OHP 72.5kg but can bench past 100

Can't *

When I started working out, I tried the elliptical machine. I could only do 5 minutes. It fuckin killed me.

Recently, I tried again. Over this week I went from 5 minutes to 15, and then 30, and finally an hour yesterday.

I know that's not a huge deal, but I'm a fatty losing weight. I've never done cardio for so long successfully before. I think I always had the ability, I just never thought I did.

12kg away from no longer being overweight according to BMI. I won't be finished, but that'll be awesome.

fix form, on either of the two exercises - learn to bench properly or stop cheating yourself on OHP. Unless you're an olylifter of course, they have similar ratios as yours (~70-75% of bench) because they don't train bench

Just bought a liter of milk and drank it in a sitting
Am I doing it right?
> also didn't have access to gym so I made some dumbbells and used that

>went to a party on Friday
>got damn close to blackout drunk
>on a couch with three girls
>they're all mirin, at least as far as my drunk ass can tell
>one says I look like I lift
>flex a 'cep, all three gasp and start touching my arm
>went back to the hottest one's place
>got laid, didn't get too bad of whiskey dick

First one night stand, and I owe it all to lifting.

I also made friends with the cool black dude who works the 7/11 graveyard shift and split jerked lmao1pl8.

Feels good, bros.

tfw can ohp 1 pl8 for 10-12 reps and im still dyel

That's one of my favourite ever Veeky Forums pictures. To me, it says more than many great modern works of art.

Finally got that 365 pause squat feels good man

that's really good, I guess your 1RM is around 85-90 kg? What are your other stats? Sounds like you need to implement more bodybuilding stuff instead of just strength work, because I know otter+/athletic guys in my local gym that can't get 1pl8 for a single rep.

i do bodybuilding stuff i like to do 12-15 reps on lateral raises and cable flies and other isolation exercises my stats are 250ish bench 170 ohp 390 deadlift and i dont squat oh and im 5,8 170 lbs

do you know how to make arms grow because i got 15.2 inch pencil arms

lamo2plaet bench today for 3 reps; should feel good but hammy/lower back ache today meant i had to take it easy on squat 100kg 5x5. 130kg x 3 was my best a week ago but haven't hit it again due to injury. If I have a bad squat session the whole workout feels bad man.

strength is already on a good level really, mirin that 1x bodyweight press especially. What areas do you think lack that would make you dyel? Besides progressive overload in the 8-10 range I can't diagnose much more to help you, maybe more curlz.

dumbbell curl pyramid sets have popped my biceps the most. Concentration curls to be exact. Triceps make ~2/3 of your arm size so do some tricep extension variation too (i like skullcrusher/close grip bench supersetting, but cable work should be enough too), preferrably at the end of a heavy pushing session.
My arms are 17.5" but honestly you beat me in terms of relative strength, gj there

Help me guys
I'm tired of living without a purpose

Also I can barely DL 3plaet x 3. Pls halp.

iv been doing preacher curls with 45 lbs dumbells for 4X8 and triceps push downs for sets of 10-15 with 80 lbs how would i set up the pyramid sets for the curls and how would i progress on them?

>Achieved a +30kg Dip x5 at 93kg bw
>Also a +17,5kg pullup x5
>1pl8 OHP x4 as my 4th exercise (had to do it fresh and first to do 5 reps)

a good workout I'd say

>10-12 reps of 60kg OHP
>I guess your 1RM is around 85-90kg
hey, you must be new to lifting. Welcome, please read the sticky first.

Today was my last day at the gym...

do static holds, load up the bar with 3pl8s and work up to holding that bitch for a minute straight
if you do that youll have no grip issues and half the problems already solved also work on legs and hamstrings

I did this shit, but I always went back because my Spotify account is connected to my FB. Last time I just abandoned all accounts without deleting, and I've been 2 weeks off social media.

Thanks bruh. I think my grip is alright desu. My weakness is probably back and hamstring strength. I'm doing rows as much as I can but not sure how much they're helping.

e.g. for a 5x8 pyramid of alternating preacher curls figure out a weight where you can just hit the peak working set. When doing those I always focused on relatively low pauses compared to regular strength work. Always watched the pyramids as essentially pure pump work, i.e. really aiming for failure.
As always, variation is key, so keep your current bi work in too (just cycle them out). Do you have a bicep-heavy movement where you progressively overload in lower rep ranges too? (~3-6 reps?) For example weighted chins? I feel the best way to overcome size plateaus was to work through many different rep ranges and aim for progressive overload (low rep) combined with pump work (high rep)

Was extrapolating from my stats, I can get a strict 80 kg (push press is 100 kg) and tire out at 9 reps of 1pl8. My delts let me down far faster than bigger muscle groups, but then again I'm more accustomed to training in low rep ranges than >8 for my press

with that said, feel free to educate me, I have no further scaling for high rep 1pl8 ohp ratios. I know that alphadestiny can get close to 20 reps and he presses over 2pl8 for a single. There's also a vid where g4p star matt ogus does 20 reps and he can get 235 lbs x 4

>hit 3 pl8 squat last week
>bench still shit
>diddly still shit
>OHP progressing nice though, near 1 pl8

not really because that just means you're fat