Cut before lifting bruh, you'll go ottermode and get confidence

>cut before lifting bruh, you'll go ottermode and get confidence
>lose 20 lbs doing cardio
>12% body fat according to calipers
>no abs
>body still looks like a bag of milk
I HATE YOU ALL YOU TRICKED ME

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
revivestronger.com/2016/05/19/definitive-guide-eating-muscle-mass/
strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I tried to warn you OP, if you're already fat you should've leveraged that to bulk.

Now it's going to be much harder to progress in your lifts and you'll have to cut after you've put on any decent amount of muscle anyways. You've been utterly memed!

>I tried to warn you OP
no you didn't you son of a bitch !!!! I have been memed!!!

do you ever work out your core

Post chunky boipucci.

no you fags told me that crunches don't do anything, abs are made in the kitchen, and that abs were just low bf

>cut before lifting
Literally nobody says this. You cut WHILE lifting to escape skinnyfat mode, you fucking mong

but I thought
>lifting on a deficit is pointless
fuck you faggot

Whoa calm down champ don't get your panties in a knot haha.

Lmao, great thread.

you cant just not workout a muscle group and expect it to instantly appear
abs are made in the kitchen is 100% a meme.

>lifting on a deficit is pointless
no one has ever said this

Haha get fucked. Never listen to advice hear.

>Taking advice from fat "powerlifters"
Beginners can easily make gains on a cut. I cant imagine what made you think not lifting would improve your body

You can't chisel a pebble, sugar foot.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>he fell for literally anything Veeky Forums told them

TIME FOR SS+GOMAD BABY

Anime posters falling for memes as usual.

Have you tried exercising?

I bulked when I first started and after my first cut I basically just ended up with a flat stomach, no abs, and basically no definition.

It's only now that I've gone from skinnyfat 145lbs to lean 170lbs that I actually look like a "goal" body but that's taken 3 bulk/cut cycles and 2 or 3 years.

do
ab
isolations

>crunches don't do anything, abs are made in the kitchen
Lmao who the fuck told you that?
More importantly, why did you believe it?

I mean I've been running 3.5 miles and walking for 1.5 miles every day (except two weeks after I broke my toe). Is that exercise?
I'm doomed. Is there something drastically different you did over the last cycle or did you just have to repeat the same process?

Running and walking is great for weight loss. But that can be total weight loss, including muscle, if you're not eating enough protein or doing any resistance exercise.

just running alone isn't going to make you gain that much muscle mass

Once you've cut down that far, you've locked in your set point. You're not going to grow muscle as easily ever again. Why do you think pro bodybuilders bulk before they cut? It's to lock in their set points.

This doesn't sound real...
Obviously not, but you fags told me that I should get rid of the chub first
I guess i fucked up, my muscle doesn't look noticeably smaller than before though desu

Oh it's real. Normal lifters can hit 1/2/3/4 within 8 months of starting to lift. Now it's going to take you more than a year.

oh. well that's kinda disappointing, but I'll survive.

So you gonna do SS+GOMAD now?

Milk is filled with estrogen and hormones, and also I might be lactose intolerant :|

It's always better to recomp and then slow bulk. Bulking and cutting is a meme.

If you've got no muscle tonus from physical activity prior to cutting wtf did you think you'd see?

Do you know why cunts who lift actually look good after a cut? It's because the muscle changes its appearance in a resting state due to tonus. Look it up.

Buy organic grass fed milk and you'll grow. You'll grow with conventional, too, but you'll have more shit to worry about. But you don't need GOMAD if you had to lose weight in the first place anyway, memes aside. But you're gonna lift, right?

>cut before lifting
NOBODY says this.

What if you're really fat? I could stand to lose 65 pounds and my body fat is easily over 25%. I should continue cutting first so that I'm not a fatass, r-right? BTW I'm a turbomanlet

Apologies, I've never heard the term
>recomp
before. Could you elaborate?
Interesting. This is new to me. I only have a layman's knowledge of muscle/anatomy

Idk, when I have too many dairy products, I tend to get terrible, watery shits that probably keep me from getting all my nutrients
>you're gonna lift, right?
Yeah, I suppose so. I worry I'll fuck up the dietary stuff, but I'll try my best.

Not them, but it means recomposition. The goal is to maintain a bodyweight while you lose fat and gain muscle at roughly the same rate. It's slow and gradual, but if you have the patience it's the way to go.

>Decide to cut for summer
>Weight stalls and my lifts either stall or need to be lowered
>Metabolism slows to a grinding halt
>Hair looks like shit and begins to thin
>Mood is constantly trash
>Decide to go back to eating at maintenance ~ 2300 cals a day
>Metabolism revs up and suddenly lose 8 pounds in 11 weeks
>Hair and mood are better than ever
>Abdominal fat starts to go away
>Lifts have all gone up

Cutting is a meme. Just lift at slightly above maintenance (200 - 300 cals only) and go on a slow bulk.

Ok make sure you look at a video before you do the lift even if its at the gym. Im tired of these fucking people with awful form and no negative movement control.

Hard fast cuts with exercise and being more active = sure weight loss.
I don't know why you fucking expected to get strength and mass gains on a cut. That makes almost everything in your post absolutely suspect.

Abs are REVEALED in the kitchen, they're made in the gym with lots of crunches.

Just listen to your body, mate, listen to your body.

lol I did the reverse.

Bulked hard, looked like absolute shit for more than a year. Now that I'm nearing the end of my cut, I look decent compared to when I started.

OP I recommend weighted ab crunches, do sets of 20-25, with 30 sec rest periods. Go as heavy as you can, I like to use the cables with the tricep rope extension.

>calipers
Gee I wonder what an error margin is?

Literally no one has said that ever.

Not OP but I'm a fat fuck who lost 100lbs

currently 5'10 190lbs
im worried about loose skin on my stomach, will working out my core help make my stomach look better?

currently only doing 5x5, should i be doing crunches?

so like i understand that that's not true, i've been lifting on a deficit and i am making noticeable gains + becoming able to lift more and more over time, but like, i thought you needed lots of protein and an excess of calories to build muscle? why does it work to eat not that much protein or calories and still build muscle mass?

Fasting removes excess skin.

what is 1/2/3/4?

>cut before lifting
what the fuck?

>cut before lifting
Said noone ever, did you go to reddit or something?

>2300 cal
>maintenance

Honestly doubt this.

I'm 5'9" 160 cutting at 2000kcal and losing over 1lb per week while hitting rep PRs because I switched my training focus. I was already losing weight consistently at 2200 but I lowered my calories a bit more since I find I can still train hard on 2000.

This sounds like Veeky Forums bullshit

Is there any science to this?
How could I even fast if I already started lifting?

It's a meme that popped up because some fat fuck CoD player did a water fast for 1 month and went from obese to morbidly skinnyfat. Was popular a few months ago now it's almost dead.

I'm not even surprised. This board gives out so much contradictory advice, I'm surprised anyone takes anything from here seriously.

The amount of threads on cutting vs. bulking on skinnyfat with different results is astouding.

That said, OP you should have been doing some planks

From personal experience, I went from 120 kg down to around 70kg with IF and no loose skin.

IF = eating every day and 120kg isn't even heavy enough for loose skin unless you're a woman.

>leverage that to bulk
what?

The reason why people don't like bulking is because it makes you fat. If you're already fat you don't give a flying fuck about putting on more weight and can more easily eat at a surplus than a skelly. Once you've got a decent amount of muscle you can cut without looking like shit and your maintenance is a lot higher meaning you lose fat a lot more easily

This is why you don't listen to Veeky Forums, you read the Veeky Forums sticky.

Does the sticky even talk about when to cut?
I know it believes that abs are made in the kitchen.

1. if you bulk correctly, you will never be fat - your bulk should stop when you go above ~15% bodyfat (with 1-2% margin of error in either direction) unless you have a reason to be a chubster (heavyweight class in a sport)
2. if you're already fat and don't give a flying fuck about putting on more weight, you're going to end your bulk a grotesquely fat fuck
3. once you've got a decent amount of muscle, you have already fatfucked yourself to the point where you will have to cut for months on end and will be getting no gains during this time (you might even lose some)

bulking when you're already fat is the worst possible thing you can do, stop giving advice and educate yourself

bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html
bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
revivestronger.com/2016/05/19/definitive-guide-eating-muscle-mass/
strongerbyscience.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/

tl;dr stay between ~10-~15% unless you have a reason to be fatter (cut to lower boundary, moderately bulk to upper boundary)

1pl8 ohp
2pl8 bp
3pl8 squat
4pl8 dl

>this faggot put together a bunch of articles from meme-tier websites thinking it would have a sway over anyone's opinion

lol

educate yourself