Canada Will Ban Trans Fat Next Year

>cbc.ca/beta/news/health/trans-fats-1.4292241

>Artificial trans fat will finally be off our plates, Heart & Stroke says, nearly 12 years after the move was recommended to the federal government.

>Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor announced Friday the final step to ban partially hydrogenated oils in all foods sold in Canada.

>The oils are the main source of trans fats in foods that raise levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or "bad" cholesterol and lower "good" cholesterol, which can take a toll on our heart health.

Thoughts Canadian Veeky Forumsiziens?

Other urls found in this thread:

chriskresser.com/can-some-trans-fats-be-healthy/
instagram.com/emilyhelenbarry/?hl=en
imgur.com/a/IK4rn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fake and GAY

If true it's a good thing but almost all my transfat comes from milk so idk

Man, that's pretty good news.

Now if only your PM wasn't a pandering cuck.

damn, she got some big ass tiddies

I think it's a good thing, hydrolyzed oils are absolute garbage and shit for your health. That being said trans fats are a boogeyman and they were pretty much already removed entirely by consumer pressure, so I don't know that this will actually have any effect.

Rumenic acid (trans fat from dairy/beef) isn't at all the same as hydrolized oils and there is no evidence that trans-fats in the form of rumenic acid contribute negatively to health.

>tfw something you thought was killing you exists in supplement form and actually has health benefits

thanks user

Doesn't do shit, obesity is the problem.

Hopefully they astonish everyone and ban trans genders too

i think australia has already done this

or atleast mcdonalds in australia dont use it anymore

>Having the government tell you what you can and can't put in your food

Next thing they're going to tax/ban/limit sugar, guarantee it.

It won't solve shit. Trans fat isn't a problem, it's the general publics absolute dog shit awareness of health knowledge. The amount of misinformation that most people have on food is amazing. I should be able to eat whatever the fuck I want, whenever the fuck I want without the government telling me no. I have sovereignty over what I spend my money on and what I put into my body.

gibe de milkies b0ss

how do trannies affect you in everyday life? I see trannies one day out of a hundred, and they don't bother with me, so why even give a shit?

With the absolute wealth of knowledge we have about basic fucking fitness knowledge there is less then no reason for the average person to be ignorant.

There are only three reasons why people are stupid about it.

Subtle machinations by food shillers to get people to eat more
Fitness was taken out of peoples hands and put into the hands of people who want to sell unrealistic and deeply retarded ideas of what it means to be basically fit.
What it means to be physically and mentally healthy is bad for business and some people who want to manpiulate the masses into doing deeply unhealthy things. So what healthy means is kept this very nebulous subject.

found the tranny

i didn't think canada would ban anything trans

Not the same user.

They start teaching your children that it's okay to want to mutilate your genitals and bind your chest. That's normal. Rather than that you are mentally ill and you should seek medical attention before you end up killing yourself like most trannies. Also, trannies get treated on your tax dollar (assuming you're not a burger.)

>I have rights

Ayy lmao welcome to Canada bucko. The government takes all your money and spends it in innapropriate ways, it is legally mandated that you have to preferentially hire minorities and women over hwhite males and our cities are made of of majorities who weren't born here.

You've got no fuckin rights buddy, get used to it eh.

The problem is fatties cost the general public money when there health eventually makes them leeches. It's a shame but the public honestly needs to be protected from itself.

Shame they're not banning fat trans instead.

This is the problem I have with keynsian economics. The base problem is fucking public healthcare, get rid of it.

All the laws and restrictions comes down to protecting the lowest common denominators of society from themselves.

>Let's ban trans fat
>>Why?
>Because people should be healthy and not fat
>>Why?
>Because it costs the health system money
>>Why do you have a public health system in the first place?
>To keep people healthy
>>So you're banning something to keep people healthy so they stop using a thing that is designed to keep them healthy?
>Y-yes

Just put a fat tax to make up for their health care system abuse like in Japan

Then what's the point of universal healthcare if you're going to charge people based on certain criteria? You just invented an insurance company.

Keeping people healthy would prevent health issues, which is far cheaper than trying to fix health issues.That's the financial/economic benefit of banning shit that make people unhealthy.

I think extremely different economic setups are viable. America, Western Europe, and China work despite being vastly different economically. Most people have strong opinions about economics even though it's a field of study with minimal scientific evidence. It's virtually impossible to take two identical economies, change one variable in one of them, and compare the results. So people generally just believe what they want.

>Keeping people healthy would prevent health issues

So why does the government have any say in what I choose to do with my health?

>It's virtually impossible to take two identical economies, change one variable in one of them, and compare the results
There are still constants which are universally applicable. There are things which do universally work and things which universally do not work.
ie. money as a medium of exchange and storage of value

>So why does the government have any say in what I choose to do with my health?
Because if you get fat and end up not being able to work, you become a drain on society. Or if you require medical attention due to your bad health and don't have the money to pay for it, hospitals will still treat you to a degree and those costs will be shifted to other people. Even if you have insurance or money saved to cover your costs, when you take it to a macro level then there will be a significant portion of fatties who can't pay for their own eventual healthcare costs. Those costs are shifted to other people or institutions. That's why the government has a say. Your health eventually affects other people. I'm not saying that's the only way an economy can function, just that that is the reasoning

They both trans fats. But the trans fats in meat aren't bad! NO ANYTHING BUT THAT!

hahahaha

>you become a drain on society
How? If I provide everything for myself, how am I a drain?

>there will be a significant portion of fatties who can't pay for their own eventual healthcare costs
So? Let them die. It was their choice and they knew the consequences. Charity also exists for those in genuine dire need. But fatties don't like that idea because they know they'd be at the bottom of the priority list because a self-aware glutton gets pity from no one.

I understand the reasoning for it but it just seems to be a solution to a problem which was a solution to a made-up problem. It's a totally inferior economic system that just ends up with what we see today, bans and taxes just to keep up with a self-inflicted problem which ultimately are there to keep the retards of society from actually dying off.

>t. Americuck

Canada is the reddit of countries

>How? If I provide everything for myself, how am I a drain?
You're not. On a macro level too many people being too unhealthy to work would include handouts for a significant portion of them. Most people can't afford to not work

>So? Let them die. It was their choice and they knew the consequences.

That's fine. An economy could function that way. That's not the way Canada or the US is setup though. You asked for the reasoning behind the government getting involved and i pointed out that it's because people's personal halthcare costs are shifted to society at large when they can't afford it.

You are right that we could let those people die, but you would likely be losing some good people you want in your society as well. Think of young people just entering their working years who are in an accident. They won't have money up front to afford their medical costs but them dying would be a loss for society.

Now you could just punish people who don't have the discipline to stop themselves from getting fat, but I don't know if that's more effective and cost reducing from a social aspect than regulating certain things. You also have to account for fat parents who feed their kids shit for the first 2 decades of their lives. That kid got a raw deal. Again, mutliple different economic setups can work. I'm not really advocating for one. Just going through the reasoning of these types of regulations.

>They won't have money up front to afford their medical costs but them dying would be a loss for society.

That benefit of these people alive is obviously less than the loss of them dying since universal healthcare is collapsing in a lot of countries. So these young people are being kept alive, but it's not keeping the system afloat in any case.

This is true and this is why America thinks Canada is a bitchass country full of cucks and led by a cuck. Because it is

t. Canuck

Good.

Now we need to ban the trans and the fats.

Didn't know universal healthcare was collapsing anywhere. It seems to have functioned long enough in most countries that it could survive if they modified it, like by not sinking money into people who are willingly obese. Universal healthcare system are obviously kept afloat by taxes. Keeping people in the workforce rather than dead or unable to work increases tax revenue. There's a balance to make it work but it's functional. Again, not saying your preference is wrong

>how do nazis affect you in everyday life

>Canada bans trans fats which Veeky Forums should like
> Canada is the devil incarnate though

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There are only three reasons why people are stupid about it.
>People are stupid about it because they're stupid in general and will only understand basic nutrition if they are spoonfed it
>People are lazy and lack the willpower to start reading basic nutritional information which is readily accessible for free in just about any media form
>What it means to be physically and mentally healthy is bad for business and some people who want to manpiulate the masses into doing deeply unhealthy things.

FIFY. The last one is a lot more subtle and rides off of the fact that people are too stupid and lazy about their health to care companies are trying to fatten them up.

yes

>I have sovereignty over what I spend my money on and what I put into my body.

Do you actually believe this

chriskresser.com/can-some-trans-fats-be-healthy/

It wont work. People will make trans fat in their bath tubs, Americans will bootleg trans fat over the boarder. It will increase organized crime, murders, and farmers will establish networks of trans fat grow ops, thus reducing the supply of grains, meats, dairy.
If this comes to pass, untold families will be ripped apart in the storm. Widows and widowers will rule the streets of Ottawa and only the mobsters will sit on the Moose Throne.

COOL>chriskresser.com/can-some-trans-fats-be-healthy/
>So if you’re looking for a heart-healthy, cancer-preventing diet, be sure to include plenty of grass-fed beef, butter, and cheese.
LOL no

The article had some clever bits before that. But even if trans fats were healthy, saturated fat and cholesterol are absolutely not.

mommi gib milkies

instagram.com/emilyhelenbarry/?hl=en
For anyone who's wondering

they dont, you can argue with him but you have to chose better examples

>like by not sinking money into people who are willingly obese

That is just literally an insurance company at that point.

>Hey we'll offer people healthcare
>Except the ones who cost too much to treat

It's the principle that matters.

Saturated fat in small doses is healthy for hormone production

Meme

Universal Healthcare is actually collapsing in Britain, and I think I heard France- but Britain 100% sure I watched a news segment on it a few months ago

Goddamn she's a real boner toner

That's only because the health secretary is actively undermining it. Before the current government formed a majority it was the best healthcare system in the world.

It's still pretty good but the cracks that have formed over the last few years are very visible to the frontline staff and it's very depressing.

It's only collapsing in Britain because the NHS is a very different system than the other countries (France, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, etc). Canada's is also very different from the others in that it is way less socialized and way more capitalistic than the others. It's not truly universal healthcare, it's really just universal hospital care. And to say it's collpasing is a stretch as well. They are just having a funding problem in Britain because the old fucks haven't died yet. That's why they go so immigrant heavy, the immigrants are supposed to pay for the old fucks who didnt have kids.

I don't want my fellow citizens ruining their lives.

Whos this titty queen?

Jesus... how long before they kill themself?

id lick that chocolate right off her donut

if u know what i mean

>assuming that physical alterations will fix their mental problems.
KEK

Profile's been deleted, so who knows.
To bring it back to the OP's post, exactly. People are fucking stupid and need regulations to keep themselves safe.

>trannies biggest push right now is to override freedom of expression and make whatever they regard as an improper pronoun illegal
Yeah that doesn't affect me at all. Or the taxes used to pay for their mutilated bodies. Or the fact they're trying to recruit the youth of society to become just as mentally ill as they are.

Anyone who finds trannies to be acceptable is a fucking retard. These people need to be institutionalized, sterilized (if they haven't done it to themselves already) and hidden from the youth of society so they can't be corrupted. It's one of the few things worse than being a faggot like you are.

God you are such a little bitch

Your parents were aggressive with you when you were growing up weren't they?

>I have sovereignty over what I spend my money on and what I put into my body.
Self-inflicted disease from stuffing your face too much is a burden on society and the healthcare system. It's not just about personal choice.

vegans leave my board reee

Only good post in this thread.
Communist don't understand the freedom of choice.

About time they banned those fat trannies. Disgusting things, really.

Im not transphobic but id be scared to death if my kid wanted to cut his dick off

>imgur.com/a/IK4rn

i sort of lost my boner on some of her instagram pics...

anyways do i have to buy a house to sleep with her

Fine eat whatever you want, just don't expect taxpayers to pay for your triple heart gastrointestinal bypass