>Incredible HIT routine
>achieve God like flexibility
>great grip strength
>competitive spirit increases quality of workout
>literally get to try to break someone's arm every day
>level up with stripes
>full body workout
>every single move uses abs and back

Combined with lifting, there is no better cardio. Why aren't you throwing dudes and choking them out?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz94CiA_OpE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who /BJJ and Judo/ here?

Kindred spirit here my man

I'm interested in Judo. What should I look for in a gym?

Ah i see you're a man of culture as well

Do Brazilian jui jitsu instead. They have a lot in common, it will be easier to find a gym. Trust me on this. Judo gyms are gonna be filled with faggots who think they are ninjas, BJJ is gonna be filled with guys who want to do MMA, it will be a much better workout.

> Judo gyms are gonna be filled with faggots who think they are ninjas,

t. Someone who's never been to a Judo session

Judo is a much harder workout desu

ex-judoka here. judo takes ages to get competent at, bjj you get good pretty quick
bjj guy after 2 years will probably beat a judoka who has trained the same amount of time. but bjj guys are just awkward on their feet

Im trying to get into it but am poor fag. Nearest gym is 45 mins away and wants 200 a month for twice a week. Other is 100 dollars a month but an hour away. In between there is roli delgados gym but I havnt really considered that

what is your lifting routine friends?

I train BJJ 4-5x a week and am trying to get aesthetic.

I've started doing Jiu Jitsu a bit over a couple years ago, currently competing as a blue belt. Before that I did four years of Judo/wrestling and five years of boxing. Frankly, I don't feel like Jiu Jitsu is that intense a cardio session at all -- quite the opposite, in fact. I like it because it's super easy to kick someone's ass and then walk out of it like it was nothing which speaks volumes about its efficiency, but it's basically martial arts for the lazy. Wrestling or kickboxing will get you much better cardio, and mental toughness.

What kind of jiu jitsu classes are you going to? Lmao our coach has us doing all types of shit and every session whoops my ass

As someone who started grappling in Judo and has diabolically bad cardio, groundwork barely tires me out at all, you can just relax and still do everything smoothly

Yeah same here. Everyone I roll with is an ex wrestler in school and literally a marine. These guys are in incredible shape and we all get our asses kicked every session.

Holyshit y'all go to terrible gyms or you're not going up against decent grapplers

I feel ya, 80% of our guys are ex wrestlers, relentless fuckers feels good tapping them out though

Judo guy.
Long distance running is by far the best cardio man.

So the consensus is skip Judo and go for BJJ? That's a bit disappointing, Judo looked pretty cool. I suppose there'd be a lot of carryover though. Alright then, what should I look for in a good BJJ gym then?

I've gone up against guys that were purple belt world champions in Brazil, aand not gotten that tired from it. You know how to bring your knee to your chest? Awesome, now you won't get tired for recovering guard.

>some nerd who LARPs that he's a super tough MMA fighter because he trains BJJ telling me I train at a terrible gym because I don't spaz and gas every roll

I would've gotten a massive boner grappling her

Lmao check it out guys he got all salty with me for speaking the truth

My coach was Braulio's first BB and one of his guys medalled at worlds brown belt you tard

you don't have to gas every roll but if they're not tough why even go

1. Can you expand on why a bjj beats a judoka?
2. I wrestled for a while, how badly would I get beat by a judo or bjj guy?
3. What is different for rules between them, wrestling, and MMA? (strikes missing obv)
I sort of wonder because I'm shit, but I destroy my friends with no training and that was fun, but obv i'd be the other side of the coin.

Maybe it's not the fact that the wrestlers are in great shape, it's just that you have super shitty energy conservation and spaz out trying to do brute force. Why do you think these wrestlers are in better shape? Because wrestling is better for your overall fitness than Jiu Jitsu.

I'm not even hating, I think that's a testament to how efficient Jiu Jitsu is. I'm lazy, I like to do butterfly guard and chill until I get to sweep to mount or get a guillotine, Marcelo Garcia style, so I'm definitely a better jiu jitsu player than I am a wrestler, but Jiu Jitsu is just not as demanding.

How does me being able to relax properly and not gas have anything to do with their toughness?

Are you all just retarded or something

I'm talking about you not your coach you Mongoloid ape

this sort of doesn't count since hes tiny and close to her str right?

brown belt here, also box

You're actually illiterate tbqh your comment was very clearly talking about me/me "going to a bad gym" you invalid

I started it 3 months ago I do about 4 1 hr 15 min sessions and 1 2.5 hr session a week with 3 days of lifting 5/3/1. Ive made some incredible progrss i reccomend everyone should at least try it

Hella mad

Do you still train after some injuries from jiu jitsu?

I try and do as much as i can to prevent injury so I can keep going but if somethings seriously hurt no ill take a day or two off and focus on getting it better - training with an injury is kind of silly imo. I do stretching with resistance bands during work to keep my shoulders healthy and Eric Bugenhagens hip mobillity exercises for my lower back and hips. And a ton of barbell rows ...havent gotten hurt yet , knock on wood!

Permanently fucks your spine and other joints.

>train grappling
>exploding joints
>train striking
>exploding brain
JDIMSA

if you want to fight to win focus on bjj. but judo helps your bjj.
Judo is cool, but its just fucking hard. to learn and on your body

judokas focus on the standup aspect of jacket wrestling, throwing someone on the ground and taking control is good but it USUALLY doesn't finish fights. chokes and joint locks do and KOs.
Judokas can do submissions but would have trained less than a bjj guy who has trained only on the ground. doesnt mean there isnt good ground judo players.
wrestling focuses on control and takedowns. pinning someone doesnt win a fight, you need to submit or knock them out.

also 3. judo you win by throwing someone cleanly onto their back, armlock, choke or points
bjj you win by ANY submission depending on category or points. throwing doesnt win match though gives points.
wrestling win by pin, points. no submissions.
MMA win by a KO or any submission

forgot. you can also win judo match by pin

>People talking like they do BJJ for any reason besides the black belt

You are my friends, but you are all fair weather as fuck.

Have you ever been shoulder thrown or ankle reaped onto concrete? It's a finisher... pls don't spout off what your best guess is unless it's a bona fide fact.

Throwing someone on the ground on concrete does win fights. Scarily too

notice i said USUALLY.
what if i knew how to fall? not knock my head on the ground? sure it'll hurt but im not knocked out.

Guy who did BJJ and Judo here.
Judo is way more injury prone. It's basically wrestling, literally... That's all it is, but with a jacket and some submission grappling once it hits the ground.

Seeing how Judo is basically just wrestling with a jacket, Judo is way more physically intensive than BJJ. Wrestling, any form of it, is constant moving until a throw or pin is made. In BJJ people take breaks all the time while grappling on the mat, it's a thinking man's game. And though wrestling is as well no doubt, physicality is a huge factor in the cardio to keep fighting for that takedown, and lifting and slamming your opponent.

Judo though, is a little less physical than other forms of wrestling, but still way more than BJJ thats for sure.

I can go to a BJJ session, finish it comfortably, and go home feeling okay.

I cannot go to a Judo session without having to drag my feet back in the house.

I want to get into sambo but I can't find a place anywhere near L.A.

Look at it this way... Most people aren't grapplers, they wont know how to fall. And even if they knew how to fall perfectly. It's happening on concrete, not on a matt.

youre seriously not even gonna entertain the idea that someone might not get knocked out after youve thrown them on concrete?

1. judo has a much less forgiving learning curve.
2. You will take a bjj guy to the mat. You might take a judo guy to the mat. Both will submit you.
3. Points aside, a BJJ match will be instantly won with a submission. A Judo match can be instantly won with a hard and clean throw, a submission, or a pin (25 seconds), or a combination of thrown and pin.

Both are good;
>BJJ: breaking limps tearing ligaments and blood chokes
>Judoka: breaking limps, blood chokes and using gravity to knocking a muthafuckah out to the next dimension by slamming them on the ground head first
Oooohhhhh shit.

Okay, pls go find some concrete and fall on your back from a height of 6 to 8 foot and perform your perfect break fall. Make sure you have enough torque and acceleration and not just some laisse faire gay fall, refer to either O Soto Gari or Seoi Nage for how I want you to fall. If you're still conscious post results. TIA.

Judo cardio is way harder than bjj
Judo muscle are way more useful than bjj
Just try to fight a judoka as a bjj practitioner you'll get laugh at so hard you'll never get back on tatami again

haha, how shit is your cardi that you think that bjj is good cardio? have you ever tried boxing or wrestling or judo?

lots of youtube videos where people get thrown and slammed to no apparent effect

Been doing judo for about a month, it's fantastic.
Seriously good workout, learning a lot too.

Fuck your ""combat"" sports desu. There's no functional combat sport good for self-defence, which is bullshit, since it would be as easy as throwing in boxing, front kicks and some throws + 2-3 opponent fights, bareknuckle/mma gloves.

As it is now you might as well play badminton for cardio since it gives you basic hand-eye coordination and speed that's enough to beat random strangers if you also lift.

When the fuck did I say that it's impossible NOT to?

Yeah... We entertain the idea in Judo... It's called submissions. How much do you know about combat sports btw? Lol

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz94CiA_OpE

Judo is better for self defense because you want to stay on your feet, you don't want to be pinned and held down, and you can finish a fight purely by the act of doing a simple takedown on a non grappler, a takedown that doesn't require you to follow them to the ground.

As a matter of fact, Judo is especially good at going for a submission right after the takedown, we capitalize on the split second stunning effect of a good takedown.

What's the real difference between
Japanese and Brazilian juijitsu? More direct ground stuff for bjj?

I love judo desu.

jjj is more like a mix of roleplaying/krav maga/mma/ninjutsu. Judo is jap wrestling. BJJ is autists doing only the ground game part of jap wrestling because somebody told them it's the most powerful anime technique for real life street mma.

What good is either in any aspect outside the sport if you can't take a person down?
Do BJJ train how to convince an opponent to come sit on the ground so they can apply their art?

JJJ kick your ass, you fall on the ground then kick your ass on the ground some more.

BJJ you just sit down and drink some tea while your bf orgasm from having his back taken

>go to judo/bjj gym
>easily able to overpower everyone in there
>forced to follow dumb rules during sparring

Gay, once literally threw a manlet to the middle of the matt with only my arms and he hurt himself on the hip, what a pathetic incel faggot.
MMA and strength training/bodybuilding is what makes people brutually strong and athletic, meme slow as shit pyjama mounts don't do shit.

That's insane. I'm in Argentina and for 50 bucks I get 4 BJJ and 3 Judo lessons weekly at two of the best places in the city. Where are you senpai?

Jui Jitsu was hardly taxing on my stamina. Boxing is way harder.
Also Jui Jutsu is not very good for your spine. Dr. Stuart Mcgill sees many mma fighter who have fucked up backs due to practicing jui jitsu which puts them in a flexed spinal position for a large amount of time.
So pro tip, do a martial art that is actually hard. There is a reason Jui Jitsu gyms like to market to women, its because the sport is incredibly easy.

Complete fucking opposite. BJJ gyms are filled with wannabee mma guys.

>stopped practicing martial arts because of shitty knee
>see this thread
>feelsbadman.png

Unfortunately many people seem to think that BJJ and most grappling arts are very safe for the body but it is far from the truth.

>only bjj place in reach exclusively sparres starting on the knees

is this even worth it? What use is a good ground game if i only know the occasional double leg taught in mma class and would get fucking ragdolled against any wrestler/judok/guy with more than 5 kg of muscles on me

If you are looking for self defense don't waste your time with a martial art sport. Only do a martial art if you find it enjoyable, there are far better ways to be able to learn to defend yourself.

like what

I live in Hot springs ar. So I am looking at the little rock area. Other places want like 100 for unlimited bjj/kickboxing/judo but its an hour drive vs the 45mins.

Oh yeah then there is Roli Delgados school which is like 120 a month unlimited bjj/kickboxing. they also have mma classes

Bjj tournaments don't allow "slams"

You can literally crawl onto a person's head and they don't have the right to slam you into the ground. How martial is that?

Most Bjj gyms are MMA wannabes who don't have the physicality to do a sport on their feet.

I've went to countless Bjj open mats to grapple and then be told "we start from our knees here bro"
It is hands down retarded.

Been doing judo and Bjj as a supplement for around 5 years. A clean tai otoshi has saved my life irl, and I would never want to go onto my back irl either. Judo teaches a very aggressive, fast, top based groundwork style, not "let's sit in half guard for three minutes until I do something dumb"

I've won many matches in Bjj tournaments by just takedowns and pinning the person (generally north south) for time.

This very much.

Like having a bunch of friends/dogs around you at all times, or running, or being able to KO a man with a single bare-fist sucker punch, and then do that to 3 of his friends while you're backpedalling.

Hell I remember reading a news story about a wrestling (I think?) champion go fishing somewhere in Siberia with his bros, who were also sportsmen, and promptly getting stabbed to death by some dyel ex con.

Tai Otoshi is the god tier judo throw. I literally practice it in every one of my classes. With luck in a couple years I'll be able to actually pull it off in randori/shiai

Depends on where you're from. Most places have associations and federations with recommended clubs.

Look to see if you compete and all that.

Don't listen to this guy either. Judo's a lot cheaper then BJJ and I'd say more enjoyable.

Chiu?

Some do, luta livre rules allow and non-IBJJF tourney tend to allow.

Our allow slams and pulling guard.

Sure, but those are a very small % of Bjj tournaments and gyms.

Exceptions are just that. Also geographic access to luta live is very limited.

Judo just wrecks your body. You're getting thrown 50 times a class from a standing position.

No Gi BJJ is also very fast and full of MMA wannabes that grapple with you like they're fighting for the title. You wont wreck your body like with Judo, but you'll have your neck cranked on like crazy, you'll rack up injuries, etc.

Gi BJJ is full of older firefighters and computer programers who are usually respectful and just want something athletic and social to do at 40.

If you want to be able to workout and do a martial art, Gi BJJ is the best. But you're still going to be humiliated for the first 6 months because everyone else knows so much more than you. Its a big commitment if you want to get good.

Jiu Jitsu seems excessive. Why spend years learning tons and tons of different ways to fight on the ground when you just need to work on a few techniques to be applicable.

You aren't going to be doing all kinds of crazy techniques in real life. I think I'll take Judo soon.

>Judo seems excessive. Why spend years learning tons and tons of different ways to fight on your feet when you just need to work on a few techniques to be applicable.

yep, i think out of all the grappling arts gi bjj is the least punishing and probably least intense.
wrestling, judo and nogi is much more fast paced and relies on some athletic ability

>2017
>doing cardio

Lmao it's like you don't read the research papers.Cute ignorance or bait?

FUCK YOU ALL IN THIS THREAD

>see this thread
>look up a bjj place in my city
>next class is in 30 mins
>"ok let's do this"

I just fucking came back from my first bjj class and i got fucking manhandled by fucking teenagers half my size and weight
i literally feel like a cuckold
thank you faggots

you now know that a man can have the ability to rape you if he wishes.
dont you want to go back and learn more to prevent it from ever happening?

i feel very insecure now

Fair attempt at a counterargument.
As someone who has attended many oly training camps for judo in the US, and does a lot of bjj on the side, the technique variation in judo is a lot less. You work your 3 top throws, 2 turnovers to pins, and chokes are pretty intuitive.

For bjj, there is such a higher volume of techniques it isnt even comparable. The amount of guard styles, sweeps, passes, and subs drastically outweigh the amount of techniques seen in judo.

A lot of how "good" you are in bjj comes from surprising people with techniques, or doing relatively lesser practiced ones and doing them well. Where as how good you are at judo comes from doing the basic 5 throw variations ten of thousands of times. Doing the same turnovers and subs thousands and thousands of times.

There is a significantly different emphasis placed on how to practice between the sports.

martial arts lads.

would bjj twice a week and muay thai once a week for about 9 months leave me in good nick fighting wise? work starts next year and i want to learn some basic fighting before then

i got 4 years of bjj, 10 years of lifting and 12+ of striking
you should feel insecure. I feel insecure. everyone should feel insecure. consider yourself humbled, if you accept it for what it is you can grow. deny it and be plunged back into ignorance.

just get started and see where it takes you

Tournaments ban pulling guard? Why?
I just started bjj so I don't know much, but isn't that completely normal?

It's 9 months more fighting experience than someone with 0.

nice one, cheers. did a bit of bjj and karate before and always left feeling srsly highand physically confident (rightly or wrongly) so it'll be worth it for that alone.

glad i've been into yoga pretty consistently for the last 2 years

Give up, there is probably just low quality places around you. BJJ has way better quality and is fairly ubiquitous.

What he means is jump guard, which just means throwing your legs at someone and latching on. We were talking about slams from guard, which means when someone jumps guard, you can keep them in the air (or pick them up from the ground) and slam them.

no not really. im a bjj blue belt and i can beat nationally competetive judo black belts. i mean they're great at what they know. probably a lot better than what most bjj guys realize, but if you play outside of that their game easily falls apart. just pull guard and go to ashi garami or x-guard or something else where they can't use their pressure.

this nigga literally handed the rear naked to her