/calig/ - Calisthenics General

For those who value both strength and agility

Post progressions, routines, tips, and cardio integration for everything from pullups to handstands

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=VpobvFPR6hQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is jumprope a good substitute for running as cardio? I live on a busy street and can't get to the gym.

yah, can be a little tougher on your knees though

who /straddleplanche/ here?

Can I do calisthenics everyday? Or should I have rest days like when lifting weights?

depends on what you're doing really
you could get away with doing like pushups and pullups every day if you're not going super hard. id still go with rest days tho.
i wouldnt do planche training, or like one arm chinup work, or harder stuff daily tho

Just hammer in reps until your body cant take it anymore.

What's the best way to care for knees and preserve them if I'm doing shit that's hard on knees?

stop getting on your knees messy girl

work on your hip and ankle mobility

Beginner routine?

Bump?

A fun app I used to help build up my push-ups and work on my form is pic related. It's cool cause your suppised to touch your chin/nose to the screen to count them. It also has leveling to build rep numbers n shiet.

Convict Conditioning or the modified 5bx.
Simple to the point any man can do it.

What's the consensus on doing a lifting routine alongside this?

lmao

sounds pretty solid, any specific suggestions for stretches?

I've heard it can be bad for your shins and knees and leg joints in general if you do it too much, so I avoid it. I prefer cycling/swimming/rowing as they are easy on the joints.

Look up Antranik's beginner routine just duckduckgo antranik routine. Or watch this short video showing the whole routine with progressions.
hooktube.com/watch?v=VpobvFPR6hQ

>tfw handstand training
this shit is driving me crazy. one day I can hold it ez pz and the other day i can't even enter a wall handstand. pls help

Handstands will be the death of me.
I am getting close to full planche but Im nowhere near a good handstand. Mostly because the ground in my yard is uneven so balancing is impossible.

>What's the consensus on eating two diets simultaneously at a -500 kcal deficit each?
You won't see double the weight loss, that's for sure