Eurogyms

Eurofit, what are the gyms like over in Europe? From what I've seen they are usually small and expensive. Do you have anything similar to Gold's gym or LA FItness?

german here
I pay 15 € a month
small gym
employes keep it nice and clean
2 squatracks(I never have to wight)
2 deadlifting etc spots
a nice machine park with pretty much everything youd want
a nice cardio zone with7-10 of each of the following :treadmill epliptcal bike(2types of bikes)
a place for streches etc
Sauna
a Nice christmas party with glühwein every year

I visit small gym in Poland
50pln only 6-16 or 21-23 and you must be a student. There is no squat rack but power rack is available.

Pastalander here, most gyms are shit, they are underground which makes them hot and stinky and this is something I really despises. They are relatively small, don't do 24/7 and charge generally 50€ for three months. This is another thing, you have to pay for either three, six months or one full year, this way they get the money and don't give a fuck if you go or not. Personal trainers are shit too they are only there to talk to sluts

>University gym
>10 euro's a month
>2 squatracks, power rack, 2 deadlifting spots
>gym not so well frequented so usually don't have to wait
>Trainers know what they are talking about and can always help you

Pretty good 2bh

Usually smaller on average, I've never seen any of those US-style huge warehouse things here.

Xercise4less, part of a chain.

Huge building with plenty of equipment. Massive car park which is unusual for the UK. It was an old home improvement business that closed down.

12 pounds a month and that includes all fitness classes. I do a few now and again.What I like most is you scan a fingerprint so no ID card.

I see more mega gyms popping up in England. They are cheaper and bigger than the sweat boxes of old, shit I paid twice as much 15 years go at one place and it had no parking! fucking mistake.

In my city there are two PureGyms, which are similar to LA Fitness' I think, in that they are 24 hour and have lots and lots of equipment. Fortunately my uni gym is excellent, £9/month and I get 4/5 different weight rooms each the size of a small separate gym, close to 20 squat racks and loads of other equipment.

In my home town though, there is just a very small fitness suite on the side of the local swimming pool which is always packed with school kids.

Basic fit in Belgium.
It's 20 euro a month, filled with muslims. Some friends pay for a slightly more expensive gym to avoid the immigrants, I think that's cuck behaviour.

Has 5 benches, 3 squat racks, lots of free weights, like two dozen of cardio machines and a lot of meme strength machines.

Power lifting and oly weightlifting gym in Finland. Has everything a serious lifter needs. All gym goers are competing lifters. Costs 100 euros for a year.

That sounds comfy actually fucking mega gyms are just adult playgrounds in America to be fair.

The gym i go to is 1000 square meters and 37 dollars a month. Swedefag here

german here
>50€ a month, keeps brown people away
>actual gym area isn't too big
>cardio zone with different types of ellipticals, two types of bikes, stairs, treadmills, rowing machines, some kind of ski-inspired exercise thing
>tons of machines (cable and static) for most muscle groupds
>free weigth area with dumbbells up to 50kg and several benches and a power rack
>some places for crunches, stretches etc
>a corner with vibrations training machines
>extra rooms for different courses like yoga, indoor cycling
>a few raquet courses
>Sauna, pool
>christmas party, "workout ralleys" where you can get some stuff if you attend 15/25 times in two months or something
>is currently building a "function strength" area

Not too cheap, but it's clean and rarely packed with people. Limited opportunities for barbell-lifting though.
It's mostly older folks with some cardio bunnies trying to get away from unwanted attention and a few regular lifters.

Also it has all the machines that are useful and a shit ton of free weights

>glühwein
never going to make it.

>sauna
I wish more gyms had this. Used to take saunas 3-5 times a week. No longer have one near my house. Haven't taken a sauna in 6 weeks.

>golds gym
>LA fitness
Literal trash
Im european and i pay 8 dollars a month for this gym.
All eleiko bars and plates, 7 squat racks

lucky

Estonian here
43€ a month, no hidden fees etc
Strongman equipment
fucking armwrestling tables and shit
2 power cages
a squat rack - the kind with hooks up top used in PL meets
shitton of machines
martial arts corner with bags
an oly platform
lots of pro lifters/bodybuilder/strongmen attending

No sauna tho, but otherwise I love it.

>filled with muslims
That's a given

Ukrainefag here, we europeen nao
Approximately 12 bucks a month because the exchange rates swing like a crossfitter on the bar, and it's concidered expensive. Only one squat rack but the people use it rarely, everything is new, nice air conditioning, pretty much everything you need. Chose this one because price cuts off gopniks and schoolkids.

Danish here.
I pay 250kr a month, a whopping 40 dollars
There's a power cage and a shitty bench press rack
Two free benches and dumbells up to 32kg
Two normal barbells, a small barbell and a curl bar. Also a thing for dips.
Bunch of useless machines and a cable thing
2 treadmills, 3 bikes and a rowing machines
And then two pairs of 20 and 15kg plates, and 4 pairs of the rest + a bunch of bands and useless crossfit stuff.

I live in bumfuck nowhere though

>his gym doesnt have a manlet pit

How's life in esty? i want to go somewhere with good gyms

will i get raped by slavs?

>How's life in esty?
Weather blows dick, wages are low and prices are high otherwise it's ok
>will i get raped by slavs?
only if you deliberately go to the ghetto at an ungodly hour, as a slav I assure you we don't care that much

Greek here, outside

And inside. 50ish per month. Tiny gym but well kept and filled with mostly upper-class people (and rich tourists in the summer).

Drinking a shake after working ouy on a warm summer evening is very relaxing. More gyms should add some green on their perimeter.

Austria, we have a couple huge (((wellness))) gyms with mostly machines and big emphasis on the whole swimming/cardio/relaxing stuff, but I managed to find a semi-private oldfag powerlifting and oly gym (i.e. sort of a club you need the members approval to join), fun stuff, five racks and eleiko gear for DAYS. and only like 15€ a month member fee (and obligation to bring beer for the others when you attempt a PR so they can crack open a cold one while they call you a weak faggot kek)

genuinely mirin

Extremely small, overcrowded, only four squat racks, two of which are also deadlift platforms, have to take your shoes of or wear plastic covers before you are even allowed to walk to the locker rooms, only five free benches, only three benches with barbells. Did I mention it was extremely overcrowded? There are times where you are even going to struggle with finding a spot to curl in without being in the way for someone.

Its a student gym, but all kinds of old men and people who shouldn't be there is there. Ban it for non-students and it would be bearable. The only positive is that its cheap for students.

Excuse the bad quality but this is how it looks like during the night.

>dat axle
I might or might not just have jizzed my pants a little

Calum worked out in this gym on his shitty vlog right?

I'm jelly as fuck

>Denmark
>~55USD/month (keep in mind the dollar lost a lot of value recently and we pay a 25% tax)
>24/7 Open
>Can take 1 protein shake/bar (20g protein everyday
>Can access every 157 centers for free 24/7
>They have basically everything you need; free weight, machines, treadmills etc

schweet. unironically considering gym vacation kek

All uk chain gyms are a joke

UK here
part of a members only rackets club
limited number of memberships available, so it's never packed
the gym is full of the newest/most high end equipment
it's expensive p/m
indoor and outdoor pool
steam/sauna/hot tub

>Basic fit here too.
>In Borgerhout (Moroccan ghetto in Antwerp, Belgium)
1 power cage and 1 power rack both are practically free all the time.

Only 2 downsides: no sauna, opening hours are shit for people who work.

Kinda comfy and no problems with "muslims", maybe you should man the fuck up.

Yes. Not surprising, considering Mykonos is the no.1 greek summer destination for tourists.

Most gyms on the greek islands are just like this. This is in Rhodes.

I have been to Greece a couple times but that was before I lifted, just jogged/ran back then. looks like I severely missed out huh

Ukraine territory always been europe.

Sure, just like Turkey

>american education

SWE gyms are very nice.
NOR gyms are expensive and shit.

I have never heard anything about not being allowed to do deadlifts or lunk-alarms and shit like that though, but I guess thats not common in burger either.

>Ukraine
>Culturally european

This shit is hilarious

dutch import in sweden
about 17 euros a month
university gym, 5 OLY platforms
one power rack,
everything in gym eleiko. literally almost all lifting stuff. even the machines were distributed via eleiko so made to higher specs.
open every week day from 6 AM to 9 PM
pretty good.

Can you even read? That is CENTRAL Europe. Territory around that is also Europe just not central, Ukraine is eastern Europe.

Go be a brainlet somewhere else, /pol/ would love you. I wouldn't be surprised if you are a cross-poster from there.

Nah, I just love triggering touchy ukranians.
But seriously, the country is fucked and it'll take a miracle to unfuck it.
I hope you make it brah

I'm not arguing that.Ukraine didn't get fucked just now. It was fucked ever since it was created. It's never getting unfucked.
Hope you make it too

This thread is making me wish I lived in Europe. Australian gyms are fucking trash.

Hungary, pay 1 euro for a month, ex-bodybuilders place, with every equipment you need and only 5-7 people goes there, I'm bigger then the owner
Feels good man

fuck you vladimir, esti is not your country, go back

The number of times I have banged my head on the archways is embarrassing

Where the fuck do you live, pizzabro?
Mine is pretty clean and comfy, not at all small, trainers are generally nice, and I pay a monthly open which gives me free access to the gym from 7am to 11pm and to any class/course they offer
I admittedly pay a lot though, 50€ a month
We also have some sort of bar inside where you can also buy supplements

Lol I'm the guy you replied to I live in Borgerhout, I go to the Basic fit at Sportpaleis but sometimes go to your gym too, if you mean the one at the Plantin Moretuslei.

>Kinda comfy and no problems with "muslims", maybe you should man the fuck up.
What? I don't have any problems mate. I live here my whole life.

remember going here after school.

Naples, here to have a gym as big as the one we see in murrica would cost to fucking much because of rent prices. It also doesn't help the fact that gym culture is not really a thing in Italy, not as much as sports at least. I would relly like to have a gym like tzatzikibro here but in the middle of the city it's sadly impossible

not same guy but
>gym culture is not really a thing in Italy
t. never seen some of the froci in Milan or the not-ghetto part of Rome

But I generally agree.

Mine is among the biggest in the area yet it pales in comparison to what you posted

I pay about 12 euros per month on my current package, got it on a sale

mostly curlbros and old people here, few serious lifters.

Damn. Where is this paradise?
Finland here too, I go to a local non-chain gym which has great owners but is getting a bit rundown. 1200 sq.m, loads of machines but only one power rack (luckily I'm the only one using it), separate room for women. 43€/month.

True. Still it's weird to think you guys in Naples have smelly, underground gyms while here in Cagliari we get somewhat decent ones

Small gym in germany. 35 €/month for freeweights and machines + cardio. If one wants to do courses (pilates, martial arts, butt shaking for cunts and the like) there would be a an extra fee. One squat rack, 2 benches, dumbells up to everest. Almost no gym sluts or thots, the females that workout here are dedicated to it.

American in the land of the Potato Niggers.

E50 for three months but the dude cuts me a deal. Decent gym, but no Roman chair or leg extension / ham curl machine. DBs only go up to 40s. They keep a prowler which is weird, because the place is teeny tiny.

Guys are friendly, supportive environment, usually empty as fuck unless it's crawling with teenagers. Bumper plates, but enough iron to do anything below 2pl8.

Lifters are clueless as fuck except staff. You see the weirdest shit in terms of form.

First gym, can't remember what was it called
>industrial warehouse attic
>maybe half of the size of that room in OPs pic
>ran by ukrainians (I think), slav rap blasts non stop
>4 bongs one visit or 20 per month
>no AC, hot during summer due to metal roof, I-can-see-my-breath cold during winter
>2 squat racks, 1 power rack, 3 benches, 1 smiths machine, some cardio machines, usual weights section
>pretty comfy overall

Current gym, Puregym
>chain gym, no reception, you register online and walk in after typing in your pin code
>3 floors, though rooms are smallish, built in old cinema
>open 24h, costs 23 bongs per month, convenient as I work out 5AM
>weights section is maybe 1/8th of the whole gym
>bunch of loose benches, only one for BP, 3 squat racks, one power rack, one smiths machine, two cable machines
>three fucking floors of cardio machines
>TVs blasting Top 40 shit or some rnb, we can't trigger cardio bunnies
>don't like it but its the best around

most of the gyms I visited are like that, I am sure there are good gyms here too but like I said space is quite a problem

>does not have bench and squat rack at home

Paddy here, the broscience is so rampant it hurts. I go to Ben Dunne and most people are rather swole except the teens.

A fellow fitness world fag, cheers

in UK, you have PureGym
it's okay, but some gyms really lack power racks, which means that you can forget about squatting or benching at peak time

Helsinki, Ruskeasuon urheiluhalli, you need to either join "painonnostoseura Herakles" or "Helsingin Tarmon voimanostoseura".
Forgot to mention, the 100 euros a year price includes coaching from certified powerlifting or oly lifting coaches.

However you're Swedish so if you ever decide to hop on gear you'll be taken down in a random police raid on your gym.

>esty
*Eesti
>will i get raped by slavs?
Estonians are Finno-Ugrics like Finns, not Slavs. Though Estonia does have like 30% slav population that needs to be purged.

Are you fucking retarded Ukraine boy? Why would /pol/ claim Ukraine is not European? /pol/ is supportive of all Europeans. That guy is obviously a leftist cuck.

American here whos gonna be in Florence for a few months. What are the gyms like there?

Sports direct in the UK here, 1 bench, 1 incline, 1 decline, 1 deadlift platform, 2 squat racks, 2 smith machines, 1 wide cable cross

Kills me sometimes but mostly normies in there so it's free quick enough. I'm a cheap ass so £10 a month makes me go

Now thats a gym, mirin! I pay 20 jeuwros for some cardio bunny dyel gym, absolute garbage.

Denmark has gone hard on the crossfit wave, you cant find a gym that dosent have crossfit equipment og squatracks. Still expensive tho so watch out for that.

>mfw best gym I ever went to was the ship gym when I was on deployment

made the most progress there despite it being in sauna temperatures even in the cold middle eastern nights and all the Marines grunting and screaming and dropping weights

Finland, EasyFit

29,90€/month, has all the necessities. Open 4-24, run by a couple of cardio bunnies. There's a tiny fucking cramped sauna too which fits like three persons comfortably so you get some cheeky bro glutebumping for after-workout.

>EasyFit
>has all the necessities
Hahaha, its a literal womens gym with a lot of important shit missing, such as NO PLATFORM FOR OLY LIFTING OR DEADLIFTING.
How can you say it has all the necessities, these are the MOST necessary things.

That's actually sick, are a lot of euro-gyms like this?

Can't you deadlift anyway

With hard plates and on a hard floor? You'll fucking destroy your joints and bones. Did you think bumper plates and lifting platforms exist for no good reason?

Don't gyms have rubber mats or something? How are hard plates gonna destroy your joints and bones?

One of the major differences between the states and Europe is the age of the buildings. Very charming!

Umeå?

When I took a semester in Italy, I really liked how I was able to just walk to the grocery and back. In my town that would have been half an hour either way and I'd have to cross a four lane street.

How isn't it, you clearly have never tried deadlifting on a hard floor and without bumper plates. Shit will hurt in your arms bones every time you put it down. The bumpers and the rubber platform exist to soften the impact.
Besides, 100% impossible to do weightlifting on a hard floor, you would probably get kicked out of EasyFit if you ever dropped a barbell on the floor from above your head.

I pay €180 for the year. Decent size and decent equipment but very busy at peak hours because it's so cheap.

Within 5 miles of my house are 8 gyms. The fancy places are so expensive. I don't know how they stay in business charging 800-1000. Who the fuck pays that?

Nah, I've deadlifted on rubber mats, without bumper plates.
>Shit will hurt in your arms bones every time you put it down
I've never had this problem. Putting the bar down on a hard floor will damage the floor, but not you. Are you letting gravity do the work on the way down or something?

€28,50/month
1 Bench
1 Squat rack
1 Good barbell
0 Deadlift platform
97 cardio machines

Once you're actually capable of lifting heavy, you don't "put down" the barbell in deadlift, you let it fall while still holding the bar. At really heavy weights you'd end up in snap city in no time if you slowly put it down.

>Switzerland
>~40 USD a month, which is super fucking cheap here
>one squat rack, two benches, two extra bars, no platform, floor is coated in soft rubber
>a bunch of dumbbells up to 40 kg, ~20 cardio machines and ~20 weight machines
>machines area is filled with normies
>dumbbell area is filled with dyels that act tough
>there aren't many people doing compounds, which means squat rack and bars for deadlifts / press are almost always free
I hate it, but I'll keep going there because it's the only one in my area open 24/7 and I go to the gym at weird times

everything west of the ural is europe
"culturally european" doesn't really mean much

Sweden, small ~15,000 inhabitant city (I commute to uni)
$350 /year membership to swimming complex, gym open 24/7, pools open most of the day
Gym is quite small, but my town has a shitload of gyms so it's never crowded
Almost no shitskins, few I've seen are of the house trained sort

If you guys are curious I can post a pic of my gym tomorrow

Like, the gym i opened and own

>>three fucking floors of cardio machines
why the fuck is this the case with so many gyms in the uk
i feel like seeing a power rack in a uk gym is like looking for a unicorn

London, UK

I go to 24 hour gym, its cheap and just next to my office, its alright, not too big but the problem are the indians and other shit skins.