I'm done being a lardass - need some thoughts/opinions/advice

Firstly - I read the sticky many times over the years.

===============================================

After 4-5 years of hard depression I'm finally regaining some composure. Saw self in mirror 4 days ago and was disgusted. This caused something to click this time and I immediately decided to take back control of my weight/diet.

I began with the following rules:
1. ONLY eat when hungry, if i think about eating I ask myself "are you actually hungry or is this something else? Not true hunger = ignore and continue on with day
2. if actually hungry, begin a 30 minute delay before eating
3.Try to eat healthy and avoid eating processed / fast foods as much as possible (not 100% concrete, but majority yes

Shortly in I decided to start working my way into a keno diet, slowly adjusting my way into it.

It's now going on 5 days since I began and I have various questions about what's going on:

1. I've not felt the slightest urge to cave at all yet. This is strange as I've never been able to maintain this mindset more than a couple hours. Has this "click" ever happened to you? Is this normal?

2. Today (at this very moment actually) is legitimately the first time I've felt true hunger for more than a minute or two. I've barely been eating (under 1k calories a day in most cases) yet have only felt the slightest bit of hunger for a minute or two before it just goes away. My reading says this is my body telling me it's out of carbs/sugars in the stomach/blood/liver and now is burning fat for energy (aka going as planned). Is my understanding correct?

3. At some point I get the shakes and/or a migraine starts slowly coming on. Again reading suggests low blood sugar - is this correct? is this dangerous or expected?

4. am I actually hurting myself by doing this somehow or is this a good plan?

5. Is the goal of a keto diet literally to remove *all* carbs in a perfect scenario? Or should I be eating some carbs to control the migraines/shakes?

tl;dr

yes

Just eat less for fuck's sake.

Didnt read this gay but heres what you should do

IMO try to only lose 1lb per week.

Do this by eating 500 calories below your maintenance. Thats -3500 calories a week, 3500 calories is a pound.

Calculate your calories by googling TDEE calculator.

I just lost 100lb and I didn't do it smart. Make sure you lose weight slowly and learn good eating habits.

Start cutting sugar out in a week or two, it's one of the harder parts.
Also develop some new habits to make it easier to stick to your diet( new habits make it so you dont snap back to where you were before)

user dont starve yourself, im 20 years old with hair loss and my nails were fucked up a couple of months ago because i lost weight too quick

learn how to be healthy, the weight will come off

Wow, this board sure is helpful

Is this place filled with faggots or are these two just a special breed of shitfucks?

>lost 100 pounds, not the smart way

can you provide details of the negatives? Would like to know first hand experience of what happens. Just loss of muscle or?

Keto is good. I've been on it for a couple weeks. You have to be autistic about tracking your macros, but I'm eating close to a 1000cal deficit and I really don't have hunger or energy issues at all. I pay hardly any attention to my calories, and it ends up around 1700 (I usually don't start eating until after 12pm though).

It's actually a little hilarious that I can do shit like eat a mayonnaise salad with extra mayonnaise and I'm out here losing 2 or 2.5lb/week. It's not a meme diet, but it might be a troll diet.

Just bite the bullet and try it. It's working for me MUCH better than restricting calories to a similar value on a standard western diet.

>Start cutting sugar out in a week or two
>a week or two
>hard

This is why you're fat. Cutting out sugar is easy as fuck, you mainly just have to stop DRINKING it. Yes you need to watch for it in your food, but the vast majority of most people's sugar intake is in liquid form.

Cut it out as completely as you possibly can. Keep a 12 pack of something like Coke Zero on hand so that if you have a sugar craving that lasts longer than 30min you can guzzle one of those down your fat fucking gizzard.

Yeah I'll go into more detail

20 year old male, 270-286lbs at the time and I got prescribed adderall at the time which is a dietary suppressant. So like a fucking retard I eat around 1200-1500 calories a day and lose a lot of weight quick. I was too focused on eating protein and didn't eat any fats which massively fucked me over, also I got to reliant on eating from only a couple of food sources and not having a diverse enough diet.

So my hair and nails suffered and I got some vitamin deficiency and had to have blood work done.

So heres what I'd recommend.

1. I know how it is to freak out all of sudden and hate yourself and want to be able to fix your weight in a spur of a moment but you'll learn soon enough this isn't a short term thing.

Right now the mental part is a big deal but soon enough you'll get over that and you will build positive habits. But you need to make sure there positive and negative.

You need to not cut down your calories too much, people want to see instant results but within 2 years no one will be complimenting your weight loss and all of the fast shit won't matter.

Lost 1-1.5b per week. Drink lots of water and probably switch to only drinking water. Hunger will be a problem at first so maybe trying to either drink a lot of water or eat high volume, highly filling but lower calorie food.

Apples are good for this in my experience.

what are you talking about nigger

i pretty much only drink water, also sugar is in everything

its in so many bullshit protein bars and so much other shit

coke zero is for faggots
also user this is mostly a lifting board
and a lot of faggots on here like the one above either hate fat people because they used to be fat or there just average body types and fat people are the only ones below them

Remember to also have an ice-cold glass of water just before you eat. Hydration is very important, and it'll help you feel full even quicker.

There was a thread few weeks back with a fat fuck who didn't lose weight the smart way. Looked like saggy slop of shit.

You do things dumb and your muscles will be the first to go. If you're a fat sack of shit you won't notice until its too late. Your only options from there will be surgery or praying weight lifting hides the stretch marks.

Stretch marks come at the start and fade over time, you cant prevent them once youre fat

Loose skin is a tricky one, drinking water can help the elasticity of your skin but beyond that it seems like its person to person

I wish I had lifted earlier, it does fill you out more but it also just encourages being healthy which is OP's real problem

user's right. if you need to cut, eat less.

If this guy sticks to keto then sugar shouldn't be a problem. Not a single keto friendly food has any sugar. Closest you'll get is like stevia.

What helped me a alot when felt the need to snack was sugar free gum. Keto friendly products may also be an option but you're better waiting till you are out of the addiction phase before adding those to your diet.

Eating less is literally the only thing that will be able to help you in your current goals.
Have you tried intermittent fasting? Easiest way to cut weight without tracking calories.

Just skip breakfast and don't eat anything after dinner, you will lose weight fast.

its good u r eating healthy senpai but you should lift to become ubermensch now too desu

this will sound gay to you
but if op is a fat person and has been for awhile, he may have neer learned correct eating habits

more than likely hes tried diets that are too hard or some other retarded shit and simply doesnt know how to eat at his tdee etc

you wont have sympathy for this but its hard to break out of shitty situations, op dont define yourself by your past mistakes, your capable of overcoming alot more than you think

Stevia still causes insulin spikes/resistance, I'll stick to my nice natural sucrose tyvm.

I have issues with recommending IF protocol to fat people. It's really easy for them to binge eat in the window because as you could imagine, they get more hungry than they usually do.

I'm sorry, I cant take soneone serious who does Keto.

I would guess you eat a lot of cheese and processed oil and other animal products like meat and eggs, right? Other than that I cant imagine how you fill up your daily calories. Sure you also eat veggies but they are not dense. So if you dont eat any processed stuff, you mostly eat nuts, seeds and meat. Sounds kinda retarted to me.

What if I told you, that you could do a high carb diet (legumes, veggies, fruits, beans, some nuts, some seeds, grains, potatoes, rice and so on) and you actually had an metabolic advantage out of this. Look, if you go down the line and look at the best nutrional doctors, they all agree that a whole food plant based diet is the best diet aviable to us humans. You can argue about this as much as you want and you can cite doctors who are either not leading in nutrion or never actually studied it but you know it yourself, that a keto diet is not a long term choise. In the end there you only consume less calories than you need and therefore your health improves BUT it improves 1000x better by doing a high carb whole food diet.

I've done both diets and I controlled my calorie intake on both but still I lost a lot more weight in the same period of time with a high carb diet AND it was a lot easier and tastier. I'm not gonna make this confusing to you, but just use basic logic and ask yourself which diet just sounds more reasonable and healthier.

So you're basically arguing for a a low carb, high carb/protein diet? The same diet that 90% of this board consumes? Because you and every other bodyweight fag has done both and picked one or the other that works for them. Studies on both sides are either half assed and filed with success stories of people who have done it.

Op, keto is not magic. It has a slight, slight advantage over traditional if you're a severely overweight. After that, success is going to depend on your determination and cooking skills.

I've done keto for 3 years, gotten my bf to 8%, and obtained my goal body of gymnastic build. Keto clicked for my lifestyle but traditonal could have just as easily been the ticket.

Keto works. It also sucks ass to be on.
Keto is more effective when you go off it and have good eating habits to fall back on.

If you don't have those habits, weight comes back.
Spend a month or two fixing your basic eating habits, then try keto. You're rules are a good place to start. Here's 4 more that you should work in
- Eat/Supplement more fiber
- Veggies at every meal
- Eliminate sugar as much as possible
- Exercise (any ol' exercise will do to start)

While you're required to follow most of those on a Keto diet, not having those habits already means keto is harder, and you're more likely to just binge when you're done.

keto is great. i'm doing the keto thing right now, because i made a commitment to my dad that if he would try it, i would do it with him. i've lost around 10lb in less than a month (3 weeks or so), and there's not much left for me to lose.

the whole idea of ketosis is great, and it really works well. the period of acclimation varies from person to person. for my dad and me the "flu" symptoms lasted roughly 1.5 days. for me, there was a bit of lethargy for a week or so. since then, things are fine. my endurance for things like running has increased, but my lifts are down a bit.

the biggest thing i've taken away from doing this keto thing is just how many carbs i was eating before.i can't even have a full serving of oat meal. before keto i weighed 183lb (5'-10"). i have a salary office job and i do self-employed programming on the side. my activity levels weren't superb, but i was active enough to keep myself between 180-185lb doing sedentary work for 8-10 hours per dya. most everybody else in the industry i work in is at least 50lb overweight, quite frequently more.

before the keto diet, i wouldn't think twice about eating an entire bag of corn tortilla chips with guacamole over the span of 2 days. i would eat bowls of cereal that were 2-3 and bowls of ice cream that were 2-3 serving sizes. i haven't drank soda or sugary drinks for years, so that helped with my weight, but occasionally i would binge on candy or snacks.

with keto, i'm down to 172lb and still dropping. it is hard work to get enough calories at this point. i'm eating things i used to think i'd swear off forever just to get enough fat, and i feel fine. with keto, i have this weird new perspective of just how much sugar i was putting into my body, and never getting full. i would still be hungry after stuffing myself, and i had no problem eating more. now when i eat, meals take much longer to finish, because each successive bite becomes more and more difficult to convince myself i need.