What's your ab routine Veeky Forums? How do you really engage your abs?

What's your ab routine Veeky Forums? How do you really engage your abs?

Other than Weighted Decline Crunches and leg raises, I'm having trouble getting the burn I need to define my abs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=njKXkuhY7_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A
B

W
H
E
E
L

Feels like I'm working my back more than my abs.

ab wheel is pretty meh once you get to a certain point. I like accordion crunches, leg raises, leg kicks and air bicycles best. High volume so at least 15 reps and superset them

Reaching situps with weight overhead. I do them with a 20kg plate but I might have to use dumbbells soon because I can do 4x12 pretty easily.

Weighted decline sit-ups and Russian twists using the decline bench.

Weighted planks every other day. Hanging leg raises when I feel like it.

focus on engaging your abs more then. Also, you're possibly not going low or far enough forward.

Front squats, deadlifts, and OHP. No need to isolate abs if don't lift like a faggot and are < 15%bf

I'm around 11 or 12 bf probably and my abs are barely visible, which is why I want to focus them a bit more.

my ab routine is skipping breakfast and lunch

I wear an ab belt to bed and only eat fat free yogurt.

in my gym usually the guys "following ab routines" are those with the smallest abs

and those who do heavy compound movements have the most aesthetic abs, including myself

Isolating your core will help your squats and deadlifts no need to get too absorbed into le cool powerlifting man meme

Squats and deadlift are dyel tier

Gf on bed hard anal 2 hour superset, 19 times a week. Shoot me with a cannonball and the thing disintegrates, bruh

Dragon Flag > everything else
youtube.com/watch?v=njKXkuhY7_0

Pallof presses, weighted plank, ab wheel, hanging leg raises, zercher lifts, sandbag lifts, anti extension cable work

I find that adding some HIIT with burpees/pushups at the end of lifting help to hit my core more consistently.

Windshield wipers

These are hard af, and dragon flags aren't a big deal to me. Always impressed when I see the occasional person doing these at the gym (actually only one asian).

tilt your pelvis back, world of difference

low bf
the rest is utter bullshit

>ywn do weighted decline sit-ups and Russian twists using the decline bench with your identical twin brother

heavy compounds work your core but you should have an ab routine as an accessory like anything else

low bf% > all else, though

>weighted decline situps 5x8-12
>weighted leg raises 4x8-12
>decline side situp 2x8-12 per side
>total abdominal machine 4x8-12

all other exercises for abs are meme tier. i always see people doping like 30 situps for abs. you wouldnt do 30 bicep curls per set lol normies are stupid
>wat is progressive overload

As anterior or posterior pelvic tilt?

Ah wheel + leg raises for me. Occasionally something like cable crunches, paloff press, or one arm deadlift/suitcase carry.

Anavar and ab wheel

>T-thanks Rippetoe

vacuums + trunk twists

no hypertrophy

Actually used to think the same thing, the did some cable crunches and Russian twist. Helped my lifts for squat and deadlift.

Compound lifts are the fundamentals, but isolations are needed to improve your overall strength.

LEG RAISES LEFT, RIGHT, FRONT

Superset stuff with planks

Burns my shit up

Is it better to hold the plate out or on your chest??

How do you optimally weight leg raises??

look in youtube for PPT - posterior pelvic tilt, that's how you have to do the ab wheel (and push ups). You are currently using APT - anterior pelvic tilt, which is bad for the lower back and more importantly - won't get you any results.

1) Diet - give a high fat, low carb diet a try.
2) Cardio - 45 min to an hour at 120-140 heart rate.
3) Heavy weights, low reps. Compound exercises are best. Squats and deadlifts. Sit ups on decline bench with a plate.
4) Steam room and sauna.
5) Rest and sleep.