How the FUCK do you figure out what you're supposed to eat every day?!?!

How the FUCK do you figure out what you're supposed to eat every day?!?!

Buy healthy food, eat it.

You must go on a vision quest and seek the food gods and appeal to them. If they take pity on you you'll be enlightened with what you're suppose to eat everyday

How much? What kind? How do you cook?

read the sticky

just eat anything

You could try wendlers bulking diet if you're after simplicity

1.5lbs beef mince (ground beef)
12 eggs
Anything else so long as you get those in.

If you just have those two things with a butt loads of fruits and vegetables, you're in a decent place to start

that sticky doesn't tell you shit.

Don't buy more than you can eat without it spoiling. Lean unprocessed meat. Frozen green vegetables. Sweet potatoes. Spinach. Non-instant oatmeal. Beans and rice. Just fucking cook it. Jesus man, how the hell do you think everyone who does it learned how to? They fucking try it and learn as they go.

thank you for the food suggestions. anytime i try to cook something harder than stir fry it turns out fucked up and inedible

What have you been using to learn to cook?

I just google recipes and try them

Maybe use YouTube, so you get a more detailed walkthrough?

Recipes always want you to do weird shit. Just keep it simple. Bake your sweet potatoes. Bake your chicken. Boil eggs. Cook spinach in a frying pan with a little soy sauce and hot sauce. Steam vegetables. Don't be shy with the salt and pepper on your food. You can actually use salt because you won't be eating processed shit full of salt. Cook simply so you will actually taste the food you eat, and you will learn to appreciate healthy food. No ketchup. No sugary sauces. Hot sauce, soy sauce, yellow mustard, and salsa should be your go to condiments.

thank you, friends. you're nice people. i screen shotted the cooking advice

this... this is actually great advice

How do you guys get your macros on the cheap?
I've been eating peanut butter for like a week now

How do you guys like to prep tons of eggs for eat? 6 egg omelettes or what? Boil a bunch and cook the rest with meals normally?

You just eat until your stomach stops growling but you dont feel stuffed. Its your bodies natural way of telling you how much food to consume.

Obviously if you lift you will feel hungrier and will eat more. But remember like I said don't over stuff yourself by not tuning into your bodies natural functions.

for extra calories? make deviled eggs. any recipe online works.

for less calories? boil them, slice them up and eat them with tuna, on salad, with chicken

Basmati/jasmin rice, hydrolyzed whey, bok choy, green peas, broccoli, green pepper, brown rice protein isolate, mung beans, carrot juice, maple syrup, pineapple at night. Quantity in this order. Anything else and your dick falls off.

Oh shit forgot olive oil, coconut oil and butter. Gotta have a bit of fat.

this is incredibly autistic but when I started cooking I didn't know anything about food/nutrition, but I did know history, so the obvious thing my mind went to was "I have no idea what to eat, ok, what did populations historically sustain themselves on". so I ended up making my major meals:

one staple crop (rice, bread, potato, etc)
one protein (meat, eggs, fish, beans)
one other thing (vegetable, something with cheese, whatever)

and then just having sandwiches, mac and cheese, ramaen, shit like that for smaller meals as I got hungry. also if you suck at cooking and everything you make is bland, develop a taste for spicy food and cover everything in hot sauce. I'd like fry chicken and it would be tasteless, but throw a bunch of habanero sauce on and now it tastes good

nowadays I live with gf and she cooks everything we eat (and does 1000x better job than I ever did) but this strategy sustained me fine for a number of years

6 days a week I do 1 rice cup of rice. 3 rice cups of beans. Then I eat as much vegetables as I want. Friday I let loose with cheese and sourcream and pork or fries bad foods etc... while drinking vodka.

I look at the protein chef's videos when I'm bored of eating with what I do. Great recipes there overall

I basically just boil all my eggs for the convenience factor. You don't need to eat them all at once. They keep in the fridge for a few days. They taste good with salt and pepper.

Baby carrots, a raw pepper, some cucumber slices, and a couple boiled eggs are a good lunch. They add a richness you don't get when eating plain raw veggies.

This is unironically true in my experience