Does blood pressure predict longevity? My blood pressure was 128/68 and I'm worried I'm going to die of cancer...

Does blood pressure predict longevity? My blood pressure was 128/68 and I'm worried I'm going to die of cancer. I chew tobacco unfortunately

that bp is ok. bp fluctuates naturally throughout the day. people will say that the systolic number could be a little bit lower but i dont think that it's anything to worry about. stop chewing tobacco faggot

>I chew tobacco unfortunately
It's not like you can't stop doing it faggot

Yes. High blood pressure sets you up for congestive heart failure, myocardial infarctions, strokes, chronic kidney disease, and fun shit like aortic dissections.

Stop chewing tobacco. Chewing tobacco and smoking is for meth addicts and poor people that work in the fast food industry. There's not a more reliable way to identify a poor person than to see them use tobacco products.

I workout occasionally but I post on Veeky Forums. I usually do cardio or swimming twice a week for a couple hours. Do you think I could lower my systolic? Oh and I'm on anti psychotics for bipolar disorder and I've gained weight do you think that could be affecting my bp?

Take your blood pressure after sitting for 5 minutes
Also stop chewing you faggot

Op here. Actually I was lying. My original blood pressure at the doctors office was 132/70 when I checked in. When the doctor later checked it was 124/66. I just combined the blood pressures

The second one is more accurate

Not OP but my father makes 250k a year in Sales and smokes

So am in the clear when it comes to chewing tobacco? Or is it too much of a risk?

Chewing tobacco cancer risk has nothing to do with blood pressure, it's the constant exposure of carcinogens to your mouth

Fuck this shit is hard to quit. Most of my coworkers at my warehouse job either smoke or chew during break

doing more cardio, losing weight and not chewing tobacco and taking medication will probably lower your bp. many medications raise bp (moreso than lowering it)

Is drinking a better vice than nicotine?

I threw away my chew tonight

Look at it this way. There is no "optimal" way to quit. Tomorrow won't be a better day. Next week won't be "easier". You have to do it now. And relapsing is only going to make it harder. My dad could never get over that hurdle, got cancer and passed away. Couldn't even quit smoking through his cancer treatment. Don't be that stupid, user. Just quit, right now, no excuses, grit your teeth through the cravings and burn up all the motivation you have. Lying in a hospital bed from self-induced cancer is a humiliating way to end a life.

Do you suggest I quit my job? I could find something else. Would feel less inclined to chew.

Is it a career or just a pay-the-bills job? If you don't really care then start applying elsewhere if the smokers are too hard to be around.

Just paying bills while I go to college

can't hurt to throw your resume around before quitting

1. do more cardio
2. stop sucking on cancer tar like a little bitch with an oral fixation

That's probably white coat syndrome. A lot of people have elevated bp at doctors office.

I'm quitting nicotine today, and so should you, user.
I'd been a non-smoker for 4 months and I have seen all the benefits, but I relapsed this past week like the dumb cunt that I am.
Quitting is way easier than you think. Heavy physical nic withdrawal lasts 72 hours, schedule it on a friday if you really can't handle being at work while on withdrawal. Past that milestone, you're pretty much done with the brunt of the withdrawal (although you'll probably stay moody and uppity for a couple of weeks), and then it's a matter of becoming a permanent non-user and breaking mental associations (basically saying no to occasional cravings).
It's not easy, but it's way easier than smokers and users make it out to be. You'll also get an unrivaled sense of achievement once you are in the clear. We can do this user.

Nah, you'll be right back at it like the drug abusing chump you're destined to be ya fucking shitter.

why so angry user?

You have a higher chance of developing oral cancer, high blood pressure is not a symptom of oral cancer.

That's white coat syndrome. You're barely above average, so I wouldn't worry about it. The tobacco doesn't help though.

Being 8 mmhg over optimal blood pressure before your 30s is an infinitesimal risk compared to bathing your gums and throat in carcinogens every day.

Both in terms of longevity and overal health

Good luck with your oral cancer goals of 2017 you degenerate. There is an oral/facial cancer surgeon on /b/ that posts occasionally, he posts some of the most fucked up faces of people who had oral, and neck cancer, sounds like fun user, good luck.