/veg/ - Vegan General

A thread for discussing any and all things vegan, from diet to ethics.

I'll say this once and only once, NO FUCKING MEAT EATERS ALLOWED. Or else.

- Vegan diet healthy for all stages of life

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

- Adequate vegan B12 in traditional fermented foods & seaweed e.g. tempeh, sauerkraut, kimchi etc.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC242746/ - Tempeh

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062981/ - Traditional Korean fermented foods provide adequate B12

- USDA 40% of US population flirting with B12 deficiency due to modern farming

ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/
FOOTAGE THE MEAT INDUSTRY DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

Land of Hope and Glory (2017) - youtube.com/watch?v=dvtVkNofcq8 [Open]

Seaspiracy (2015) - youtube.com/watch?v=MLgkrQSRy9E [Open]

Lucent (2014) - youtube.com/watch?v=KArL5YjaL5U [Open]

Earthlings (2005) - youtube.com/watch?v=rc2oizSsmUs [Open]

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/does-red-meat-affect-male-fertility/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/12/dairy-good-bad-or-ugly-latest-studies.html
suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/07/cheese-your-health-cvd-cancer-metabolic.html
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2011.10719992
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
youtube.com/watch?v=3pq5MWLZyII
imgur.com/a/BqPzT#zaZjobq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lentils thread?
Lentils thread.
Post lentils.

Only shitskins like lentis. Pinto beans are what's good.

sup ppl

Have you seen the mockumentary Carnage?

are you out of your mind? Black beans are the master legume.

HEY GUYS
IM VEGAN

Good, you're in the right place.

>Lying
Explain yourself

What a dumb image. Why would I want to watch an animal get killed when I could pay someone to kill an animal for me? Watching an animal die doesn't get me any meat.

Why do meat eaters LARP as vegans everyday lol

>What a dumb image
>he said, while misunderstanding the image

I wish you meatheads would slow down with the insults. Take a moment to appreciate something before launching an attack.

Cause now you look dumb.

>No meat eaters allowed
>Uses a meat eater bait picture

You have earned 1 (O n e) (You). use it wisely.

>he is so new that he thinks linking to the (OP) also counts as a (You)
lurk more

you know that shit vegans say? "dude, you're just not used to lentils yet. if you eat them for long enough often enough, they will stop giving you gas"?

it's a fucking lie.

t. poorfag who's been using lentils as his main protein source for almost a year.

Haha! It has two meanings, because "meathead" describes someone who works out, and in this case also describes someone who eats meat!

Wow! You're really clever!

>veganism isn't a political tool of the liberal left!
>nevermind that there are zero vegan trump voters!

you're being played for chumps, lads.

>it's a fucking lie
No, it's not. Source: I'm vegan for 3 weeks and I stopped getting gas on day 4.
If you're eating canned, rinse them first.
If you buy them dry, soak them overnight and toss the water, then boil them

Can you meatards not fucking read? You aren't fucking allowed. If you're triggered by vegans, well then here's an idea: don't post in the one vegan thread on the entire board. Fuck's sake, all that meat must be rotting your brains.

Let alone the fact that this is a lie and there are vegan trump voters, what exactly would the "left" gain by turning people vegan?

>tossing protein away with the soak water

never gonna make it

I've been a vegan for a month and I say you are a fucking liar. You still get lots of gas

But animals kill eachother all the time

Lack of b12 fucks with your brain and thinking, liberals want this to maintain a brain dead voterbase

No your body is just different. I never get gas except for when I eat TVP. Beans do nothing to me.

>Will you watch this video of me shitting?
No, that's repulsive.
>Will you pay me to use my public bathroom
Yeah sure I need to go.

"lots" means nothing, it's still the same as before.
Then again it may be because I've never not eaten clean in my life except for weekends, holidays and birthdays, so the gut bacteria was probably already adjusted

Liar

Yeah, I hear you. How's that super male vitality working for you?

>Processed meattrash lowers sperm count
>Crucially, however, none of these variations in diet affected the chance of the couples becoming pregnant after treatment, or having a baby. This means the study cannot prove that processed meat causes lower male fertility
>Importantly, the effect of overall meat intake was not related to fertility success, which is the chance of becoming pregnant after the treatment cycles, or having a live birth.
>nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/does-red-meat-affect-male-fertility/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/

>Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man
>Casomorphine in milk keeps you addicted
>Milk gives you prostate cancer
>Milk gives you acne
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/12/dairy-good-bad-or-ugly-latest-studies.html
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2016/07/cheese-your-health-cvd-cancer-metabolic.html
>tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/07315724.2011.10719992

Personally I find the slaughterhouse videos facinating. Tremendous feats of engineering

>Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer
>Meat gives you colorectal cancer
>Processed meattrash lowers sperm count
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

Cook them more. I thought this was true until I let my beans simmer for a few hours.

I had almost no has to smell of. canned beans will give you gas though.

Your source that meat fucks with your sperm is wrong. Veganism actually reduces fertility in men.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465

uh, thanks. you ok?

I hate Alex jones

There are no sources of b12 that exist naturally outside of animal products. You are lying to yourself.

Becoming a vegan distances you from non-vegans. Your relationships with non-vegans WILL suffer at least in a small way, and you WILL meet less non-vegans in the future because of your choice.

It puts you in an echo-chamber of fellow-minded people. The right cant use veganism because veganism is an appeal to muh feels.

A person that changes their life because of the feelings of inferior animal species (some even deny mankind's place in the food chain, altogether) will certainly vote based on the feelings of poor people, refugees, etc.

And as long as veganism keeps them in the echo chamber, they will not see reason and agree with conservatives on anything.

That doesn't work because you don't need eat animals. If you're repulsed by the sight of dead animals, why pay someone to commit this act?

And if you don't wanna read my post, just ask yourself why every Green party in the world is on the political left, with some of them being borderline communist.

I agreed with you until I overcooked the beans. Try it!

Do go on. I'm nearly convinced.

>vegan trump voters
I'm one. Fuck communism.

Daily reminder that drinking milk causes osteoporosis. Don't drink milk if you want strong bones.

Need is irrelevant.

>Why pay someone to commit this act?
What is specialization of labor?

The US osteoporosis foundation seems to think you are full of shit.

Perhaps you need to correct them.

this one's my favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=3pq5MWLZyII

I am a conservative though. More conservative than anyone I know.

and there 20 year old black female trump supporters. politiics is a numbers game.

why are vegans such annoying cunts that only seem to only preach all or nothing.

maybe try to encourage people to eat less meat in general rather than just our right shame them for eating meat.

I fucking love chicken and fish. Shit's great
Ethics side of veganism makes little sense, these animals are bred to be killed. If it weren't for people that ate meat they wouldn't have lived in the first place.
In my opinion the only downside is all the fucking methane that comes from livestock. Otherwise throw me something dead so I can roast it

That wouldn't be very vegany of them now would it? It's a lifestyle dude. Like how faggots have to tell people how much they love sucking cock.

dude, people are killing 2 cows a day per capita lmao

What I'm saying is that there's nothing about my values that don't align with conservatism.

I think you're on this wall

And I just told you, politics is a numbers game. It's about majorities.

The majority of vegans are bleeding hearts, and the majority of bleeding hearts will vote with their feelings rather than with their brain (i.e. liberals).

I've always wondered, why the fuck are these vegan threads in Veeky Forums?

based Wall of Facts about to crumble on that cuck's head

The most liberal states, also have the highest percentile of faggots and vegans.

Whether that specifically applies to you, is irrelevant.

there's a few on /pol/

I wonder (((why)))

Reminder that animals are instrumental to human existence. You should use them at your pleasure so long as you do not make a beast of yourself, e.g. delighting in skinning a cat.

I don't see your point. You calling me gay?

Veganism is the redpill

pussy

I mean, if the political alignment of every single Green party in the world doesn't make you raise an eyebrow, no wonder you can get influenced into becoming a vegan.

>Why are threads about diet on Veeky Forums
Hmm... maybe you're right. Actual discussions about fitness don't quite fit in with all the manlet, /r9k/, and lookism threads.

Yeah man, I hear you. I used to have a neighbor who beat his dog 7 days a week. I could hear the poor thing wailing and howling every night, like a child looking desperately for some help. Telling him to stop beating his dog and start beating a boxing sack didn't work. I mean who am I to force my views on him and tell him that what he's doing is wrong? Morality is subjective, amirite? But my friend was less pushy than me. He told my neighbor to take a break from beating his dog on mondays. It sort of worked, some mondays he indeed stops beating his dog, or at least he beats the dog with a soft plastic baton instead of a heavy wooden stick. Let's be realistic, it's a net benefit, isn't it?
>Ethics side of veganism makes little sense, these animals are bred to be killed.
Assume I have a child for the soe purpose to eat it. Is that morally acceptable?
>but that's illegal!
Assume I migrate to australia and join the abbo society and they accept me as one of them. Is eating my child now morally acceptable?
>but you'll get prion's!
Assume I am an amazing doctor and invent the anti-prion's vaccine. Is eating my child now morally acceptable?
>If it weren't for people that ate meat they wouldn't have lived in the first place
Did you mind the billions of years you spent unborn? Do you have even a concept of what it was?
>if yes
>if no
With your current knowledge of how the world works, if given the option to live a livestock animal's life or live no life, what would you choose?
Why?

Nobody gets influenced to be a vegan. You're influenced to eat animals even though you don't want to hurt them.

man, you're thick. see , and that's enough (You)'s for (You) from (Me).

>Nobody gets influenced to be a vegan

my motherfucking sides

If I have a child, and my only reason for having the child is to eat it, is it okay to eat him/her because I intended to?

>I don't see your point. You calling me gay?
No.

Just saying fags, vegans, and liberals are all correlated.

>you're thick
Maybe my dick. Thanks for the replies.

There's no comparison between eating an animal and eating a child.
That's the problem with vegans. It's not that they care too much about animals, it's that they clearly care too little about humans.
Only a fucking psychopath would think you've made a compelling analogy.

I get hungry watching those slaughter house videos. All that potential meet for consumption.

Human cow.

>There's no comparison between eating an animal and eating a child.
well animals and children are both innocent and can feel pain

so you really shouldn't harm either one

>Would you become a cannibal? Then why aren't you vegan, then?

I thought this was vegan territory? Someone help this man out with his arguments.

>delighting in skinning a cat
big no-no
>delighting in skinning a turkey
a-okay

If animals are equivalent to humans.

Why shouldn't I eat animals as other animals do? one cannot be equal and superior at the same time.

I used your own words. You're hearing what you say for the first time, and you know it's fucked up, so you reflect your hurt feelings with me as the perpetrator.
You literally said >these animals are bred to be killed.
that it's ok to eat animals as long as that's what we bred them for.
I used your exact logic.
>but animals and humans aren't the same!
Name the trait absent/present in animals but present/absent in humans that makes it ok for us to needlessly exploit, kill and eat them, that if absent/present in a human would make it ok to treat that human the way we treat animals

animals are an inferior species, user. not that your fully cucked brain would understand superiority, or the concept of a food chain.

vegans would have the species that went to the moon on the same level as cows, fookin' hell, lads.

>If you shouldn't harm either children or animals, this means that animals are equivalent to humans.

>Name the trait absent/present in animals.
Being human.

Also I don't have to do shit. Eating animals is default human behavior.
Stop shifting the burden.

certainly what you implied.

>Why shouldn't I eat animals as other animals do?
Because you can easily avoid it. And you are a moral agent who should be able to understand that harming others for no good reason is a wrong

Skinning a cat has no instrumental purpose.
Skinning a turkey has a purpose, insofar as you intend to consume the flesh of the turkey. I'll grant, however, that it is still perverse to delight in skinning a turkey, just as it is perverse to delight in doing any other perfunctory task, like brushing your teeth or taking a shit.

So then you agree substituting a child for a cow is a false analogy?

no, it's one of the most common retarded strawman arguments from meatcucks. i know many vegans and i've never met a single one who though that animals and humans deserve the same moral consideration

imagine having reading comprehension this bad
user, Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking ARE your superiors, no way around that. They have done things to help the advancement of the human race, you've done about as much as a pig. Even though you AREN'T equal, you still think it's wrong for them to eat you, right?

>no good reason
To eat is a good reason.

You're implying that humans and animals should be treated differently.

What makes animals different from us?

Humans: Finite, dependent rational beings
Animals: finite, dependent beings

Humans belong to the kingdom of ends; animals don't.

my favorite is when vegans try to get into engineering.

the green party of the uk financed a paper that simply took a UN paper on greenhouse gases and changed all of their assumptions so that they could hike the contribution from milk and meat industries from 19% to 51%.

hilarious, but dirty as fuck politics, since the same party financed a tv documentary based on it.

good. then shut the fuck up as a slaugther this lamb while my baby watches.

>Skinning a cat has no instrumental purpose.
My purpose is that I enjoy skinning it.
>Skinning a turkey has a purpose, insofar as you intend to consume the flesh of the turkey.
My purpose is that I enjoy eating it after I skin it.

There are other things to eat. You are technically made of food, I could murder and eat you, but I don't, because there are other foods readily available that don't require murder.

You are literally below tumblr level stupid, so that's all the reply you're going to get imgur.com/a/BqPzT#zaZjobq

>well animals and children are both innocent and can feel pain

if you think we are so different why did you use this idiotic argument?

>What makes animals different from us?
>the vegan asks over the internet, using a computer, powered with electricity, made from parts manufactured from all over the globe.

Really?

we are different in some ways and similar in other ways. i know it's difficult to understand subtleties like this, but do try

>proves his point by showing that humans are advanced enough to even have certain individuals distinguish themselves from the rest, while every cow is equally stupid

Do you really? I'm not picking on you. Typically people are repulsed by blood and guts. But carnivores are aroused by that stuff.

>good. then shut the fuck up as a slaugther this lamb while my baby watches.
i dont know what this means?

Sorry, I'm mincing terms.
By instrumental purpose (I'm forgetting the real term for this), I mean a purpose which makes you better. It does not make you better to skin a cat for the joy of skinning a cat. It does, however, make you better, albeit on a very base level, to skin a turkey in order to consume turkey flesh.
It is part of the human function to grow, and one way we grow is by consuming the flesh of other animals.

I can watch slaughterhouse videos all day.

Show me a video of a surgery on a human and I'm out of the room, though.