Hey, Veeky Forums, how would you train to become a Navy SEAL?

Hey, Veeky Forums, how would you train to become a Navy SEAL?

lots of cardio, some HITT, lots of body weight, lots of weighted marching, and a healthy appreciation for being yelled at and asked dumb shit for no reason other than to annoy you.

Pure fitness stuff:

>HIT
>backpacking long distances
>swimming
>weighted jogging
>low/mid weight, high reps

Weird shit

>HIT and play chess at same time (hard to think straight under stress)
>low amounts of sleep and then 3am jogs
>activities that humble yourself (get denied all day by girls)
>screw a nail into board every day

There are books that have detailed training plans designed to get you through BUD/S. Keep in mind their training is designed for large groups of people and minimal equipment. That said you need to be a good swimmer (including open water) and fine with endless boring runs at a decent pace, then lifting and lots of bodyweight. Also you need to play team sports without being hated.

Got any titles for the books?

Yeah gimme a second. The one I used was by a guy named Stewart Smith I think.

First you have to NEED it, not WANT it.
If you have any doubt or questions to why your attempting to be a SEAL, you won't make, no matter how fit you are.

I'm not going through it until I'm 27+, I already know I'm not mentally prepared/matured. I have other goals I want to complete before then.

You've gone through it?

Be a cuck.
Done.

You are welcome

This is it. BUD/S has probably been updated since this was written but I doubt it's changed that much. Check the military enlistment general on /k/, plenty of navy guys. Also the odd 1940s upsetting shorts are mandatory.

There was another rival book by another guy but I can't remember the title. They are somewhat equivalent to the e-books put out by modern internet fitness whores but I do remember the Smith one being pretty good. I wasn't interested in blowing up OBL, I just wanted a decent cardio/bodyweight/stretching routine laid out for me.

I'd google "navy seal training" and pick one of the shitloads of BUDS prep programs made by dudes who literally make a living telling people how to prepare for it. If that's beyond you, you may want to reconsider before you find yourself scrubbing seagull shit off a rowboat in Guam.

Learn to fucking swim that's where most people get fucked up

sealswcc and /r/navyseals has pretty much everything you need fitness wise.

Be able to:
> bench, deadlift & squat your bodyweight x20 reps
> run at a 6 minute mile pace for at least 4 miles
> do 100 pushups in one set, same with sit ups, at least 20 pull ups
> be a very confident swimmer, especially in open water
> be comfortable marching at 4-5 miles an hour with weight
> think logically under pressure and whilst hungry/sleep deprived
> deal with mental games, physical thrashings, lack of food and sleep
> work well with others even if you hate them

The vast majority of SF training is mental, simply being able to keep on going no matter what. Thats something you cant train for really, theyll break you physically, make you feel like the most insignificant piece of shit that ever walked the earth and then thrash you some more and see how you deal with it, and then do the same the next day, and the next, etc.

>You've gone through it?
I already loved to swim so I ignored the endless sidestroke/kicking with fins/breath control sets. Eventually I dropped his program for the bodyweight program in the Total Immersion books.

I think he meant gone through buds, bud.

What self-respecting SEAL would post on Veeky Forums? This place is way too gay. They are definitely on bb.com though.

I bet Jesse Ventura would tripfag here though, just for the replies.

> this place is way too gay
> he doesnt know what happens on deployment stays on deployment

>mfw tax dollars are going towards SFOD-D futanari deflating each other's breasts

Mass confusion

Stew smith the GOAT
stew smith out

Take my depressed autistic buddy to a shooting range.

>What self-respecting SEAL would post on Veeky Forums? >This place is way too gay

Pic related is Kristen Beck, a SEAL trap.

Forever confirming that The Navy, is the gayest of all branches.

>HIT
>HITT
What did they mean by this

Homosocial and homosexual are two different things. It's 2017. Do better.

Stew smith Jeff Nichols power duo

Stewart Smith has a YouTube channel for SEAL training as well highly recommend

>have half brother
>he's ~15 years older than me
>never really knew him that much because he joined the Navy when he was 18 and moved
>visited him recently
>find out that he was a Navy SEAL
>even named some movies that are about missions he's been on
>tfw I'm a NEET struggling with a 1 plate bench

Well to be fair there is Sona Avedian, a former Marine turned trap. Pic related. Also there is the well known trap Chelsea Manning with the army. Military is really just full of overcompensating closeted faggots.

HIT stands for high intensity training, ala mike mentzer/dorian yates style training. you might be already familiar with HIIT which stands for high intensity interval training. not sure if HITT stands for anything.

Mentzer was a coked up schizo who was on grams of shit that would make boston loyd look question his sanity.
Dorian worked hard but he was never as crazy as him.

ok, your point being? Mentzer was really just the poster boy long after the technique was pioneered by Arthur Jones and Casey Viator, Mentzer and Dorian were just more impressive specimens.

>HIT
High Intensity Training

>HIIT
High Intensity Interval Training

I have nerve damage in my right wrist from an accident, it only ever bothers me and causes accute pain when in pushup position and seeing as pushups are a requirement I don't see how, I can do one handed pushups easily on my left side, can I do 100 of those as an alternative in physical training exams?

Hahha these WOULD NOT prepar you for marine training, you have absolutely no fucking idea.

They have a documentary following the marine selection course, louis ck commented on it. If you are not doing 24hr long edurance exercises you will not be prepared.

Marines first day is around 24 hours of rollig in their own puke (not kidding) then after that for a week or two they have to do full days obstacle courses after 4 hours sleep, sometimes 3.

Now you know what to expect, redesign your fuckig baby tier routines.

Damn can I grow a full head of hair again if I decide to become a transgender?