Is PPL 6 times a week the ultimate routine for natty aesthetics?

Is PPL 6 times a week the ultimate routine for natty aesthetics?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just repeat this over and over:
Day 1: Push
Day 2: Pull
Day 3 Legs/Shoulders
Day 4: Rest

so

Chest/triceps
Back/Biceps
Legs/Shoulders

+abs on leg day.

yes

should be doing core work every day

don't listen to this pussy
it's PPLPPL Rest

go hard 6 days a week and rest on sunday.

>go hard 6 days a week

Yeah, no. You'll go hard the first few days, and then not as much during the last days.

A rest day in-between allows you to exert greater force during your work-out sessions. I've tried 6 days (and 7-day), and I know several who have, and progress is always stifled because a) they're too tired to lift with optimal load, and b) their muscles aren't recovering well enough. There is too much interconnectedness among muscle groups to not have any rest days in-between.

speak for yourself, pussy.

watch out, we got a bad-ass over here

anyone who has actually ran ppl knows that a rest day inbetween is almost mandatory

youre arguing with a dyel lad

If you want to maximise hypertrophy you have to lift as many days per week as you can.

Lifting 2-4 times per week is more so a novice-intermediate power-lifter kind of thing, it's not in anyway what you should be doing if your goal is purely muscle hypetrophy.

You need to have frequency + work with your MRV (max recoverable volume)

Pic related, I train 6 days a week, it's not a PPL, not a FB, and not a UL routine. None of that even fucking matters, what matters how how often you train a given muscle group, and how much volume per week you do for it.

so it seems

ULRestULRest

The natty growth period is around 48 hours. You want to hit each group every 2 days.

>Rest day inbetween is almost mandatory

Says who?

If you can't recover to a state of function after 2 days there is something wrong with you or your diet.

You probably don't even stretch or warm up

PPL is shit. This has been discussed before. Do full body. its the beast way to train as a natty

I've been running PPLRPPLR for 2 and a half years now. 15 minutes warmup, 15 minutes cooldown, warmup reps for every compound movement.

If you're running a high volume routine, which PPL is supposed to be, you will not be able to keep 6 days straight of lifting without crashing.

You're either a 30% bf lardo, on gear, or just coming off SS in to reddit's PPL to think that you can maintain 6 days straight and see meaningful results.

>everyone has to be a pussy like me!
just because you can't do it, doesn't me others can't, fuccboi

Sounds like you are making excuses to me.. It's nice to have rest days, don't get me wrong but it's also nice to not go to the gym and work your ass off.

If you like the extra rest day then more power to you but don't say that it is "mandatory" to make yourself feel better about decreasing the frequency of your workouts

>>>/reddit/

The volume of my workouts is as high as I can comfortably get them without crashing. I'm not making an excuse for decreasing the frequency of my workout, the rest day is required to keep making gains.

Sounds like you're inexperienced to me.

It's not mandatory. Like the other person said, if you have to have that rest day in between than you're not eating enough or getting enough rest.

>inexperienced
Lifting for ~15 years now. It's not mandatory. As long as you're eating enough and getting enough rest PPLPPLX is perfectly viable. Don't act like just because you've been doing it for a couple years means that your opinion is fact.

t. pussy

What's the best routine if you want to lift 4 days per week? Lyle's Bulking Routine?

Post body

body pic please?

the body doesn't really work on a weekly basis. PPL is good, and if you can do it for 6 days per week - go for it, it's good.

But when you're lifting heavy - you might need more rest than usual. 10x 155kg on legs will deifnitely disable me for the next 2 days, so I wouldn't try to do a pull day when half my body is wrecked.

Just dose yourself up.

Shoulders are push, why train them on separate day?
Just rotate the first exercise if you're already doing two push days per week. You are hitting shoulders 4x times a week otherwise.

It's not mandatory, true, but it does not mean that you're not eating enough, it means that you aren't able to recover as quickly.

I get your reasoning, but once you hit 2x BW on most exercises and nearly 3x on Deadlift - it's just physically not possible to recover as quickly.

>thinking that having a rest day has anything whatsoever to do with being a pussy

It's simply one variable you can manipulate to manage stress over time, in order to create an optimal stress -> recovery -> adaptation cycle.

Not saying you need a rest day. Not saying you don't. It's all relative.

Jacked and tan 2.0

>read about Jacked and Tan 2.0
>6k words
Is it really that complex?

Honestly that's why I'm partial to the arnold split, ABCx

>A Chest/Back
>B Legs
>C Arms/Shoulders
>Rest

Post body

It's the ultimate routine for a one way ticket to snap city.

If you are natty you should not lift more than 4 days a week

but fullbody is so laaaaaaaaaaaammmmeee

What about Saturday's and sundays off, or should o rest in between days?

I agree about rotating pushes, but shoulders recover quickly and natties benefit from hitting shoulders 3-4 times per week to optimize growth.
t. Mike Israetel

>not doing push pull push pull push legs x
im not a natty cuck though :^)

>I curl with 15 lbs and have no problem going hard six days a week!
Spotted the dyels. Let us know when you hit a 2pl8 bench and 3pl8 squat for reps, boyos.

What do you guys think about phul?

this,
it's not even worth your time to drive to the gym almost every day. PPL is for people who want to spend more time at the gym because they don't have shit to do otherwise.

>if you have to rest then you're not getting enough rest

Gonna find out. I start Wednesday.

So much conflicting info, God damn I don't even know who to believe or what to do anymore

Just bee yourself

I did PPL for about 2 months so far after coming off Stronglifts.

YOU ACTUALLY LOOK DIFFERENT since there's actual accessories. I got complimented my arms look a bit bigger since there's 2 3x8-12 triceps exercises and 4 4x8-12 bicep curls/hammer curls on top of the compounds.

You can also focus on your weaknesses with accessories instead of just deloading over and over again with Stronglifts.

You have to really pace yourself though since you only have 1 rest day a week. While SOME people can sustain with just one rest day, it's practically hard to do if you have even one day of shit sleep.

Fullbody is the way to go, anything else is stupid

>shoulders recover quickly
The deltoids may recover quickly, but the tissue capacity of the tendons in the shoulder often don't agree with a high frequency. You can easily start irritating shit inthere, especially if you like to push your sets hard.

Why not just do shoulders on your push day?

>Be DYEL
>I know nothing Jon snu
>One side claims 7 days a week best
>Another says rest days needed
Post body and if you take rest day or not, it's the only method to prove who is right

Also can someone explain why you don't do push pull and split legs with deds pull, squat push?

Lastly why is do only 5 reps but squats I'm doing a shit load more?
If ded form suffers shouldn't you just take the weight down and do 3x5?

It's all relative. If you like to completely wreck yourself in the gym you will need rest days or at the very least quite easy days. If you like more to cruise through your workouts @ 80% effort, dedicated rest days are less important.
The harder you hit it, the greater the need for easy times, too. And vice versa.

This is not an insult to those who don't completely kill themselves in the gym (or only think that they do). In fact, it's probably not the best idea to do so - particularly not if you're trying to accumulate and recover from maximum volume. Which is what you want to do if you're trying to build as much muscle mass as possible.

I keep alternating between that and push pull legs.
I feel like I hit the muscles a lot harder on PPL, but the pump from working opposed muscles is amazing.

what do you guys think of coolcicaads?

I''ve been using his for nearly a month (pic related) and have seen some (albeit small, so far) results

>Post body and if you take rest day or not, it's the only method to prove who is right
Probably the worst idea ever. Way too many important variables are left out and it's not like they've probably always did ppl or fullbody. Still I'd drop money on 500 on a patreon for two dyels with the same test levels and a controlled diet to do PPLxPPL vs FbxFbx for 1 year and place bets with monthly update pictures.

I'm pretty dyel, Currently bench 1 pl8 and dl and squat 2
Find me another 30 year old 5'10" 200 lbs and we can begin

>and it's not like they've probably always did ppl or fullbody
Ain't that the truth. I must've trained in a hundred different ways at this point.

I come to these threads to try to convince people it's not that big of a deal. But people want to argue over pointless shit, I guess.

I have also been doing this coolcicadas PPL for about a month. I like it but I don't think I've seen any real results yet

Wtf is that leg volume lol. Add leg press and romanian deadlifts

Dont, i hurt myself doing abs every day. Do abs 3 times a week, there is no rush pal.

You are doing shoulders on your push day, but the shoulders in legs/shoulders are extra accessories for aesthetics. Mostly about enhancing delts

what if i do

push
pull
legs/shoulder
abs
rest
rest
rest

repeat each week

that's a bro-split. do 2 fucking fullbody sessions and you are good to go.

No ULULULULULUL is. We don't need to go through this again just because you didn't listen.

Bring on your DYELs Bros
I'll stand for team PPL

> no following bigger by the day

Fucking DYELs

A healthy diet and 8 hours sleep is enough rest to go hard every day. If not then you're going too hard.

>ctrl+f
>"cardio"
>0 results

does rest = cardio or are you all gonna die of heart disease?

This is what i do, 45 mins of cardio at 10.5+ mets before lifting as i'm cutting atm. Works for me.

I've been doing for a week and half the 5 day intermediate routine(bodybuilding one) by eric helms and so far im liking it and I seem to be doing it fine but still way too soon to really see if fatigue kicks in, im bulking in a 250 surplus and doing linear progression like he also taught

thought bench 5x5 on the first week would kill but actually didnt have a single problem and only rest 2min between sets
sets with reps higher than 8 are killing me(in a good way) though since im not that used to them, did calf raises 4x15(more like 15,15,11,10) with 110kg and I have to say the sore is real, first time training calves too

came from SS + acessories

Why do i yawn between sets?

Don't people add those accessories at the end of stronglifts/starting strength anyways? I know it's strictly not part of the program but people add accessories anyways and call it SL/SS.

fuck man, I train everyday olympic weightlifting and I regularly set pr's

PLPCPLPC Master race

C stands for FUCKING CARDIO YOU DISGUSTING FAT TUBS OF LARD

Its so insightful, why hasn't anyone thought of it

Eminent injury/10

Post body.

R8

yeah but to evolve magikarp you have to send them out first then subtitute with another pokemon since they can't do shit.

Magikarp literally gets cucks to do his work for him and then turns into a chad.

should really be CPCPCLR

Anyone got a decent full body plan to recommend? Looking for inspiration I'm getting bored of my plan.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
What do you guys think about this for a PPL routine?

For 3 months this past summer I went to the gym every single day. It felt great.

Day 1: Chest/Tri
Day 2: Back/BI
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Shoulders

No rest days plus I did cardio everyday. I felt healthier than ever but sadly since school started I've only been able go to the gym twice a week and eat a lot of junk food

broest bro I've seen in a while, nice

dude how can u even start thinking about posting your awesome program without providing your stats and a photo? everybody knows this means exactly one thing: u look like shit

Only started running PPLxPPLx a little while ago but it's pretty good, especially if you fill one or both of the rest days with cardio.
All depends what your goals are and how hard you train.
I tend to do 1h~ of hard drop sets with minimal rest between sets.
Only doing it because I injured myself too much running muscle group days (arms, legs, shoulders etc), so yeah my goal is less injuries and slow but steady growth. If you're less injury prone then a more full body over the course of the week type workout might be better.