/routine/

post yours, r8/h8/ignore others

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0uv4S4JN7Ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

upper/lower texas method

more upper body days

Been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for 9 months and since gains have now slowed down, i want to do something different

I've considered PHAT, since i like strength-training and i want THICC-aesthetics, thoughts on it?

or what chad would do

looks good

Fröhliches Oktoberfest, nigga

Dumbbell Routine

Farmers Walk
Shrugs
Bicep Curls
Overhead Extension
Dumbbell Rows
Close grip bench press
Dumbell overhead press

Mostly Kettle bell routine

Kettlebell swing
Dumbbell Hammer Curl
Kettlebell swing
Kettlebell Overhead Press
Kettlebell swing
Kettlebell Overhead Press
Kettlebell rows
Dumbbell Z press

gaaaaaaaay

for a year or so

i do it for the bitches you faggot, upper body all day long

This
Really shit at squats but fuck it

Jnt 2.0

T1s: strict press, bench , lowbar, front

T2As: strict press, bench, and leg press twice

T2Bs: lat pulldown, cable row, trap bar press, close grip bench

Then lots of pump T3s

PHAT

A modified StrongLifts 5x5 with accessories. Workout three times a week, alternating ABA and BAB weeks

>Main lifts: Increase by 5 lbs each workout.

Day A:
Deadlift - 5x5
Bench - 5x5
Bent Over Row - 5x5

Day B:
Deadlift - 5x5
Squat - 5x5
OHP - 5x5

>Accessories: increase by 5 lb every time I hit 12, 10, 8, F

Day A:
Hammer Curl
DB Bench Press
Calf Extension

Day B:
Chinups
DB Shoulder Press
Overhand BB curls

Rest 3-5 minutes between sets.
:DDDDDDDDDDD niggawat

Meh I just do a minute

PPL-UL, so general PPL routime combined with hypertrophy upper & lower days. So PPLxULx.

Addendum: I do Deads for 3x5, not 5x5

>you can always tell a new lifter because they love to deadlift
Can't remember where I heard it but fuck me if it isn't true. Not hating on your program btw, but make sure to adjust it when progress stalls.

It's because they can go "heavy" on it. They also can get to a pretty good dead just by maximizing leverages rather than building strength, so they get a good illusion of progress.

I actually only just swapped squats and deads a couple weeks ago. Got sick of doing the original squat three days a week program after six months. Switched because my dead is still only slightly higher than my squat.
Not saying I'm not a beginner though.

Truth.
>start lifting as skinny 18yo
>no real idea what to do, just eat a bunch and plenty of compounds
>make decent noob gains
>after a month or two, deadlift hits 2pl8
>load up 100kg on the bar, mind-blowing amount to your still-normie, unjaded brain
>fucking LIFT it
>feel like the man, the shit, chad, the world is your oyster
>as months and years go by, you learn more about lifting, diet, training, find Veeky Forums
>hit 3pl8, then 4, then 5+ for squat/dl
>but nothing compares to that first feeling
>back then was the only time you truly felt strong
>now you know you'll never be as strong as you want to, even though normies look at your lifts in amazement
>you've made it, but you still want more
>keep lifting
I miss being a novice

Rate :
Leg day
5x5 squats
5x5 deadlift
5x10 calf raise
5x10 dumbell lunge
5x5 leg curl

Upper
5x5 benchpress
5x5 barbell row
5x5 pull lat
5x5 overhead press 30 kg
5x10 random abs workout

Rate! Looking to increase my Squat and Bench, DL is on hold for the moment.

No u

My routine. It's ABxABxx
The numbers next to the barbell exercises are what I put on one side. Instead of having to subtract the bar and divide by two every time I wanna see what weight I'm on for that week if I've gone up or not.

how often do you do this?

day 1: front squats 3 x 8
db bench 5 x 8
db shoulder press 3 x 10
weighted pullups reverse pyramid set

day two: snatch grip DL 3 x 5
OHP 3 x 5
push press 1 x F
bicep curls 5 x 8
cable flies 5 x 8
wrist curl 3 x 8

1, 2, 1, 2, 1, x, x, 2 etc

oh day 1 also has a reverse pyramid press down set

Beginner here. I've been running on a split of Arms/Shoulders, Back, Legs, and Chest

But I go to the gym 6 days a week, so when I reach the end of the split I obviously just restart it, so it ends up some weeks I do legs twice a week, or chest twice a week then the next week I do chest once a week, depending on what day in my 6 week I finish the split on.

Hopefully that makes sense, I'm not sure doing a 4 day split in 6 days is the best.
Can someone give me some advice? Is there a routine that is good for 6 days a week?

A
Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
Rows 3x5
Pullups 3x8
Tricep pulldowns 3x8
Leg Curls 3x8

B
Front squat 3x5
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
DB incline bench press 3x8
Seated Row 3x8
Ez bar curl 3x8

AxBxA
BxAxB etc

Out of curiosity what are your numbers?

i'm about 4 months in but had to deload load ball lifts on about 4 separate occasions due to shit form and injury/illness.

I'm currently doing:

Bench: 60kg
Squat: 82.5kg
Deadlift: 95kg
OHP: 45kg (only actually deloaded once on this I just find it a massive cunt to progress)

... That should read "deload on all lifts"

Oh, and Barbell Row: 57.5kg

Check those dubs.

Also doing stronglifts, started 5 months ago but I add lits of accessory work.
Deadlift:260
Bench:140
Squat:135
Row:135
OHP:85

I realize I bench more than I squat. I could probably do more but I have a form issue that Id rather fix now.

> I bench more than I squat
Nigger what? Yesterday I tried 1/2/3/4 as 1RM after 3 months of SL, 3pl8 squat was easy as fuck, but I barely survived the 2pl8 bench!
> but those jelly dyels were mirin HARD

There's some beast at my gym that benches as much as he squats:

fucking 3pl8

Mine is 3 days a week and sort of split into two components.
For squats and deadlifts I do:

>Monday
High bar squat 5x10

>Wednesday
Deadlift 1x5 (sometimes I go to 1rm)

>Friday
Squats 1x5

This is consistent regardless of whatever else I do. Then, in addition to that, I have a sort of A and B workout revolving around bench and OHP, where A and B alternates so I'm doing 3 each per fortnight (A on Monday, B on Wednesday and A again on Friday, then the opposite the following week etc.). On Monday's and Wednesday's I do volume work but on Friday to do strength training for whatever press I did on Monday, but apart from that the rest of the routine stays the same.

So for example on
>Monday (A)
Flat Bench 5x10
Incline bench 5x10
Weighted pull-ups 2xf
Alternating dumbbell bicep curls 3x10
Ez bar curls 3x10
Standing overhead tricep extensions with dumbbell 3x10
Cable tricep extensions with rope 3x10

>Wednesday (B)
OHP 3x10
Standing dumbbell flies 3x10
Lat pull-down 5x10
Standing lat push down 5x10
T bar row 5x10
Superset forearm stuff 5x10

Friday (A)
Flat Bench 3x5
and then the rest the same as monday

Then the next week I do the same with volume OHP on Monday and heavy OHP on Friday.

R8 pls

ABxABxx

I had been on Upper Lower and then Upper lower Push Pull, but I decided I wanted to get my big 4 up.

I've been on an SS+upper body accessories for almost a month and I've been increasing my lifts quite nicely
My squat got to 110kg x6 after months of stalling and deloading due to various bullshit and staying at 90-95.
My chinups have gone up nicely, turns out that just doing 3 series of whatever reps I could wasnt cutting it, so I just started doing as many sets as I could.
the other day I didnt 7x5 and guess what, today I managed to break my record and do 9.
I guess volume does work....

Only problem are my bench and ohp, but I suspect more volume will help with those as well, some 5x5 sets will help quite nicely
I fear that Deadlifting once a week might not be enough. If it isnt I'll just add a couple DL sets on the day I dont go nuts with my squat
But afterall, I got to 135kg x5 while having a 100 x2 squat, so I think that was partly keeping me back and my bigger squat might help now

I decided that push assistance will be volume work for bench if I'm doing OHP 3x5 and viceversa, and rows for pulling. If I can be bothered I'll do leg presses as assistance to the squat and DL on squat sub max days.
maybe front squats on dl days, if I can mobilize my fucking wrists and t spine

>Deadlifting 3x5 EVERY SESSION
shit dawg, dont do that
also DON'T CURL

dude make a google sheet like pic, I used to save lifts in the notepad and it was such a clusterfuck

youtu.be/0uv4S4JN7Ks

except no squats and deadlifts
split squats instead
and incline instead of flat

r8 curl day pls
what should change?

4x 10 bench
4x 8 curl ss: 4 3sec down curl 1 sec up
4x 5 landed dumbell curl each hand ss: 5 grounded ez curl
4x 8 hammer curl ss: 4 reverse curl
4x 8 inclined curl + 8 inclined hammer curl + 8 standing hammer curl

skinnyfat here. Ive been doing stronglifts 5x5 off an on for a few months....

A Day
Squat (150 lb)
OHP (75 lb)
Deadlift (165 lb)

B Day
Squat (150 lb)
Bench (125 lb)
Row (90 lb)

A:
4x5 Squat
4x12 DB Bench
3x8-12 Pullups
3x8-12 tricep
4x8-15 lat raise
2x15-20 abs exercise 1

B.
4x5 Deadlift
3x8-12 Lunges
4x8-12 seated arnold press
3x8-12 pullup
3x8-12 tri cable pull down
2x15-20 abs exercise 2

C.
4x5 squat
3x12 DB bench
3x12 fly
3x12 incline
4x15 curl
4x8-15 lat raise
2x15-20 abs exercise 1

D.
3x6-8 p.rows
3x12 hyperextension
3x8-12 lunges
4x8-12 arnold press
3x8-12 pullups
3x8-12 tri
2x15-20 abs exercise 2

fullbody hypertrophy. Insert strenght training once per mesocycle to resensitise to hypertrophy.

Started out Stronglifts 5x5 about 3 weeks ago, gone up in weight already. Nearly creamed myself when I hit a pl8 in bench and squat, my OHP is fucking weak though, I always struggle with upper body strength.

Hoping to keep this up for at least 10 months, when I start to slow down I plan to move over to Brosplit

>walk into garage
>pick a movement/body part I'm excited about
>do one, maybe two movements and smash the shit out of them
>20+ sets
>repeat next day with new movement, possibly the same area
>work on body part/area as many days as I want
>stop when I either get bored, or the area starts to feel like burned bacon when I wake up
>cycle through the body as I feel like it

I also started doing a single burnout set or like 50-100 reps with bands everyday for my biceps, triceps (with an overhead movement for the long head), and the lateral/rear delts. Kind of on and off, like 5-6 days on, 2-3 off, etc. Just whatevs because it takes like 10 minutes to do while sitting on youtube or watching tv.

Working pretty great so far. I'm always excited to lift, doesn't take but about 30 minutes a day, and my upper body is blowing the fuck up. Especially my upper back.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA BECAUSE CURLING IS BAD AND LEGZ R GUD RIGHT GUYS?????!? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

100 pushups
100situps
100 squats
10km running.
Every single day.

R8 this for a natty

My man. Love gzcl, will start j&t2.0 after my cut is over. How do you like it? How long are your gym sessions?

I've been doing starting strength. I am a noob and I've heard some criticism of it on this board. Should I stop and switch to something else?

Yeah. Except you only care about strength. Otherwise read up on GCZLP

Where can I do that?

Guys I fell for the "compounds owrk your abs" meme.
Srsly though what's your hardest and relatively quick ab workout that I can do every day or every other day

Just do PPLxPPLx, mate. You'll get more volume and recover just the same

In the internet. Come on, dude...

The Press 5x10
Deadlift 2x5
Bench 5x10
optional: Skullcrushers and Planks

Pullup 5x10
Hanging Leg Raise 2x5
Bentover Row 5x10
optional: Pullovers and Planks

ABxABxx

Help me out brehs, J&T2.0 looks fun and is different from typical powerlifting routines, but I like the layout of PHUL as well, a fan of UL splits, PHAT I'm not sure about

What's your question exactly? I'd do J&t2.0

Which program to pick, I would still like to do ohp/bench/squat/dead and break prs on them, but on a program thats not necessarily focused on powerlifting

J&t2.0 is hypertrophy oriented, but that will help with strength later

Workout A
Squat 3x4-6
Bench 3x4-6
Pendlay Rows 3x6-8
Face Pulls 3x10-15
Tricep Overhead extension 3x6-10
Calf raises 3x15-20

Workout B
Front Squat 3x4-6
Incline Bench press 3x4-6
Romanian Deadlift 3x8-10
Close Grip Benchpress 3x6-8
Lat Pulldowns 3x6-8
Bicep curls 3x6-10
Ab work 3x15

A mixture of Fierce 5 novice and alphadestiny's novice with the conventional lifts, how does it look?

pls rate this:

based on pavel tsatsouline "russian bear" program
mon/wed/fri:
> deadlift: 1x5 @ working load, 1x5 @ 90% working load, 5-20x5 @ 80% working load
> ohp: same as above
> one-arm cable row: same as above
> curls, face pulls, triceps extension variation supersetted: 5x10 @ 7 RPE
saturday:
> bench press: nuckols 28 programs, 1x/week
> squat: same as above
> curls, face pulls, triceps extension variation supersetted: 5x10 @ 7 RPE

when I'm short on time I skip the one-arm cable row, though

I'm on SL 5x5, but am having real difficulty with squats.

My sleep could be a little better, which is what i'm going to focus on now, but are there any other ways to get better at squats? Being on SL, I already do 5x5 each session.

I've had to deload on squats quite a few times. My form, I am sure from multiple deloads (to focus on form) and from self recordings, is pretty much on point. My other lifts are progressing (I hit 45kg OHP today), but squats tire me the fuck out and I really struggle.

Today I did 82.5kg, and only managed 5/5/5/3/1

Pic related. My form is much better but i'm at the same level as june - with multiple fucking deloads!

p sure once you've deloaded 3 times you're supposed to switch to a different routine

you shouldn't struggle at that kind of weight, but based on the info you're giving it's impossible to say what you're doing wrong. the typical mistakes beginners make are 1) not eating enough (your body weight should be going up steadily) 2) not resting long enough (you need at least 5+ minutes between sets) and 3) making jumps that are too big.

that's only partially true. the main point is that you should switch once you can no longer recover fast enough between training days to continue the routine. if you've deloaded 3 times, but you're lifting the kind of weights that guy is doing, it's clear that your main problem is not that you've reached the point where the routine is too demanding. rather it means that you're doing some significant mistakes which will follow you to any other routine you decide to do. it's better to fix those mistakes now otherwise he's just delaying the problem

>5 minutes between sets

Sheit, the app says 3 mins if hard and 5 for failure. If i took 5 mins between sets i'd be in there for another half hour; as it is i'm already in there for 2.

I'm eating right; my weight is steadily increasing (started at 87kg and am now 95kg) and my proton intake is way more than 1g per lean lb of body mass.

Jumps is out of the question, I only go up by 2.5kg a session.

Kill me.

2 of the deloads were due to time off due to sickness (chest infection) and injury (fuarked lower back due to poor form)

I'm going to make sure to get some more sleep, re-evaluate my diet and start recording my workouts again.

I would start worrying that i'm one of the tiny minority that resistance training doesn't work for, but like I said everything else is progressing quite steadily.

Push (tuesday, saturday)

Squat (only strted doing them though, treated squats as lightweight warmup earlier)
Bench
OHP/DB press
Machine chest flys
DB flys
Tricep cable pushdowns (really have to change this to real men tricep extensions) supersetted with facepulls

Pull
Diddleys
Lat pulldowns
Chinups
Barbell rows/Pendalays
Curls
Crunches

did stronglifts for 6 months, madcow for 2, and now doing gzcl

kind of miss madcow but gzcl is working

For example, by bench is steady, aside from the 1 deload due to 2 weeks off for back injury.

maybe it's time to drop to 3x5 and see how far that will take you. 5x5 is very hard unless you're lifting babby weights

the biggest problem ppl make w/ stronglifts is not eating enough and adding too many accessories. should be focused on getting your numbers up on this program and not worrying about any other shit.

and the way it works is if you deload 3 times you switch to 3x5 instead of 5x5 and keep progressing as normal.

after i hit about 250 lbs on the squat i changed my wednesday to a lighter squat day ala starting strength and that helped a lot w/ recovery.

Sheiko #30

Just finished #37 and holy hell it works.

Bench went up 10kg
Squat went up 17kg
Deadlift went up 10kg

Gained 2,4kg. It must be a fuckton of fat though, gonna have to take a look to my diet.

Cheers guys. I'll see how I go on Friday, and i'll probably have to bite the bullet and change to 3x5 instead.

My accessories are 2x8 curls and 3x1 pullups (trying to get them up) on diddly day, and 3 planks and 3x10 dips on bench day. Do you think they're too much?

pls rate

ive been buying up eggs and noods usually about 4 to 5 dozen a week hah. and im hairy as fuck so have to shave. also singing the song while working at a liquor store

PULL
Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+ (alternate, so if you did deadlifts on Monday, you would do rows on Thursday, and so on)
3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls
PUSH
4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press (alternate in the same fashion as the rows and deadlifts)
3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press (do the opposite movement: if you bench pressed first, overhead press here)
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
LEGS
2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises

From reddit