Anyone on Veeky Forums ever dip their toes in psychedelics? Thoughts?

anyone on Veeky Forums ever dip their toes in psychedelics? Thoughts?

did acid once, back in college. at night time. had a really bad trip. forgot my name

never again

out of all the psychedelics acid has been the best for me. Shits still blows my mind that it even exists. Seen some crazy shit. that been said 90% of my tips are uneventful and are just a high but 10% of them have been mentally shattering.

There are no bad trips. The "bad" trips are were you learn the most about yourself. Theyre usually things we cant outright handle though.

Had a trip that fucked me up. Thought about it for months actually filled up journal about it. Figured out a lot about myself some bad shit but it was repressed and i feel better accepting it than i did before.

I dont care for lsd since there is the risk of fucking your brain up and giving you mental disorders. Also free trips randomly are a bit of an issue for me. Ill drop shrooms no problem though.

Yeah, acid 3 times. My last time I did 2 tabs and it was a bit too much. Kind of freaked out. Thought I was dead and shit. But yeah trying to cop some shrooms atm.

I did not a shit ton of acid, but a decent amount. I only did it when I knew it was high potency. I have eaten a ton of magic mushrooms tho. The most important thing is to always remember that it's just the drug, whether you are seeing crazy or shit or thinking crazy shit. You shouldn't do them if you aren't in a good mental state either.

>forgot my name

That's the point of pyschs jackass. Look up ego-death. It's the point of taking acid.

Did mescaline once. Read a bunch of hunter s thompson bought some cactus off eBay and cooked it up. Powerful stuff, easy to go sideways too. Get bridgesii over San Pedro

Anyone else feel that lifting is pointless when taking acid/weed?

>why would I lift weights like a barbarian
Shit like this.

Did lsd 3 times, honestly changed my life and gave me a deep appreciation for everything. However, somehow my last trip ended up lasting me a whole 24 hours which ended up being kinda stressful as i had things to do the next day. Because of that I probably won't do them for a while but if you are to do them, make sure you are in a setting where you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about and that you give yourself atleast 2 days of recovery

I can understand that thought process, but you must keep in mind that one of key things about producing positive thought is to taking care of yourself and one of the best ways to do so is physical exercise.

Going through life without tripping would be every bit as sad as going through life never having sex.
Completely vital to a complete human experience.
Like sex, your life won't be quantifiably better after but the richness of experience will shape you and you will mentally be larger than you were before.
This is why str8 edge fags make me nauseous.

Same, got fucked up for a few months having flashbacks and anxiety attacks and at the time had a ton of delusional/false memories about having a stalker.

By the end I realized the 'stalker' was everything I was ever frightened of. Figured out all my personal demons and sorted that shit out. Stuff like being ashamed of being a pussy growing up, not having a relationship with my dad, never learning to process my emotions, being too angry, and insecure.

It was a few years ago and in hindsight it just gave me a jump start on self development.

I also think anyone who gets anxious from weed has repressed issues.

I have done both lsd and magic mushrooms. Lsd can be very intense and activate senses that rival orgasms. For example, when watching tame Impala music videos I experienced a "mental orgasm", my brain just overloaded with thoughts and emotion. It was amazing. All this being said lsd to me feels more like a drug than shrooms. When I take lsd I feel like a took a drug, when I ingest magic shrooms I feel like I have entered a new version of reality. Shrooms have changed my life. I have learn so much about myself from shrooms. They have completely changed my perspective on life for the better.

>there is the risk of fucking your brain up and giving you mental disorders.

Only if you're stupid about it. Taking drugs responsibly is a thing, and if everyone did it there would be way less horror stories than there are

I tripped for 2 days straight this weekend. Also mixed in some MDMA. It was a good time with a few close friends. However, I got extremely sick afterwards. I ended up throwing up in my dorm a few hours after I drove back to my uni.

Everyone should do psychadelics IMO, in fact one of the people who was tripping with me this weekend was literally autistic, the guy made some social breakthroughs.

Your brain won't be fried by one bad trip, but it's rather the "wear and tear" factor on your brain. It's not the effect of one trip that will cause damage, but rather the damage from multiple trips as a whole.

OP here, honestly didn't expect alot of people browsing Veeky Forums to be well versed in psychedelics, so this is pretty interesting. I am of the belief that they can be a powerful learning tool. I'm no stranger to them myself, just be cautious.

I've done a fuckton of acid. It's good.

Once you reach an unconditional and real ego death, it loses its meaning. There's not point in doing it again, you're going to be chasing that Ego Death again, it gets harder to achieve, you're most likely to end up psychotic.

I've actually ended up in the psych ward for drug induced psychosis. Been psychotic because of drugs multiple times. Last time I had some seroquel, which kinda put me to sleep and slowed down the trip.

Psychedelics are strong as fuck, to me they are scarier than heroin or crack or "lethal drugs". One bad trip and you can end up in psychiatric hospitals for life. Being crazy is scary.

I've done a fuckton of other drugs (literal addict, been sober for a short time) and nothing compares to acid.

Exactly the opposite, I start to flex like a sikk kunt on acid and makes me think I look like a greek god and that I need more gym in my life.

The only time I got a "bad" trip was when I started seeing spiders (I'm arachnophobic) and even then it was more like gtfo spiders I'm trying to trip rather than something that would make me shit my pants. In general I found that taking acid at night makes the trip less pleasant. Also forgetting your name is normal.

Unfortunately acid and phenibut are the only things I have some access to, I wouldn't mind trying something new.

OP here, don't think I would have started lifting without some really introspective mushroom trips I had.

>Only if you're stupid about it.

Nah if your family has a history of schizo or really any mental issues, don't even smoke weed. Don't listen to this guy.

Acid is awesome. I've done it probably a dozen+ times, and luckily never had a bad trip. Every time has been great for me. The thing I like about it is figuring out what acid "you" wants, and trying to appease it.
The only time I've had a bad trip was on shrooms, but that was only because I got super sick and was in the bathroom shitting my brains out after the peak. My stomach was cramping so bad, definitely one of the worst pains I've felt. Other than that, psychedelics have been smooth sailing for me. I would absolutely recommend that everyone trips at least once; it's a completely unique experience.

I've dipped into analogues of acid/dmt/psilocybin as well. Acid is definitely my favorite out of the bunch.

Done 25i, reg LSD, 1P LSD, 1A LSD, ETHLAD, ALLAD

1A is the best out of them.

protip: It's a grey market in the US

theindoleshop(.)com
psychonautwiki(.)org/wiki/ALD-52

Yes, have done acid and shrooms. Its fun. Anybody who says they had some deep or meaningful epiphany while high out of their minds is a LARPing brainlet though.

I've heard ETHLAD is really unpleasant, whereas 1P-LSD is pretty much identical to acid.

I enjoy taking shrooms occasionally. About once a year. I like ketamine too.

Y'all acid freaks need to hit some DMT. Never had a bad trip on it, and you can really decide how far you want to go considering how fast acting it is.

You can just dip your toes in with a puff or two, and if you like it go all in. There's no words to describe the experience. It's beyond spiritual.

I'll agree to a certain point, but I don't think you're giving them enough credit for the therapeutic use they can have. Any sort of coming in contact with a higher power or meeting god and shit like that I think is a little extreme though.

When I took 1P it was completely different to me than pure lsd. The peak was very intense, and the body high was a lot more potent. I was sitting outside on my balcony looking at the sky and watching the birds right as I was peaking, and all the tracers from the birds was almost making me sick. After that, though, it was a very enjoyable trip.

ETHLAD was very dopey (stoning) acid dmt-like effects.

1P is not a visual acid. I microdosed on it at uni. It's like 1-A : Sativa :: 1-P : Indica

I tried 1P LSD and ETHLAD out of those and they were very similiar, ETHLAD feels more claustrophobic compared to the headspace you get on 1P. Hard to explain for obvious reasons, but both were okay. 1P made music sound godlike while ETHLAD gave me better faps. I have recently ordered 1A and have yet to check it out.

Anyone tried Kratom? I have a sampler pack of various types, but the only thing I get from them is some minor numbness and sometimes a major headache. Not fun at all.

Who are they LARPing as?

I consider ignoring your genetic/personal history of mental illness/unfounded anxiety or paranoia to be stupidity, aka being irresponsible.

Being responsible about taking drugs means being aware of your own inclinations and limitations, knowing exactly what you're taking, how it can/will effect you, how much you should take, when to stop, and what kind of environment to surround yourself in.

It requires a bit of caution and research, which is why I imagine not everyone does it. Once again, if you take the time to find out all this crucial info, your chances of being blindsided by a nightmare trip are slim to none.

You are like a caveman with a telescope saying "yea it makes the sky dots bigger but it's just a silly trick that isn't worth looking into."

Add on: PLEASE if you're tripping for the first time, have a trip-sitter who has done it before (tripping with you or not).

Hey man, I know acid seems incredible but sometimes you CAN get deluded while on it, good trip or bad, and it doesn't tell you the absolute truth

and it helps if they have 5mg valium on hand

did my run of drugs. only thing i learned is that i cant handle them healthily. some people just have addict minds and shouldnt touch anything harder than weed/beer

>alcohol

Shiggy Diggy

I recently grew some mushrooms and when I have done them, I get such a great pump. It makes me love working out and fitness. I worked out for like 2 hours and then stared at myself in the mirror for another hour flexing. Couldn't sleep for hours though. Great fun on mushrooms. Totally in my right mind. Listened to a Nietzche audiobook while lifting.

the important thing is you're smart enough to realize that about yourself. good on you. some people can't do that and end up fucking their lives up

Bruh, in general mushrooms are /sedating/ 8 hours trips.

Acid is stimulating

DMT makes everything strange

bruh. all psychedelics are stimulants at low doses.

and mushrooms last 6 hrs max

>8 hour mushroom trip
nigga you dumb

never done DMT, but it sounds a little too intense for me. Mushrooms on a low-ish dose are great because your body feels super good, rush of euphoria, and I don't feel like I'm totally out of my gourd on mushrooms. Acid on the other hand, it's like a rocket ship. I have to strap myself in and hold on while I blast off a million miles into space. Not sure I could lift while on acid. It's definitely fun though. I used to get acid from the darknet, blue viking I think the dude's handle was.

Used to do acid until a friend of mine jumped out of my window during a trip. Cant possibly go back to it after that incident.

>being this butthurt over two hours
>implying it's over in an instant like DMT and there aren't aftereffects

that sounds so fucked up. I would be so mad at that guy. what an foolish asshole. I bet that totally ruined your trip and damn near sent you into a panic. fuck stupid people who can't handle drugs.

I almost did this once but couldn't figure out how to get out the window since there was an AC unit, thank god.

I did end up almost shooting myself. Thank god the bullet just hit my dresser.

Nice quads (no homo)

>being this narcissistic

Yeah it took me a while to recover from that. Thing is I'll never know if it was accidental (could have been leaning out too far and lost his balance) or if something in his mind snapped.

It's not bad. What Acid felt to me was when you take a really fucking fat bong rip and realize "Holy fuck I'm high" for a good 8 hours. You also sweat like a fucking fiend and feel kinda nauseous for a couple of those hours. Your senses are enhanced and you're more in tune with your emotions. I cried a bit about a girl I love and some other bull shit. It helps to have a buddy to trip with but its not a bad time

not fitness related you drug taking fag

I would like to try dmt b7t shit is rare as fuck. I don't know where to get some

hey man, I would only do acid with a trusted friend, and we would have a plan to just stay inside and be cool. something like this would never happen to me, and if it did, I would be pissed because it would deviate from the plan.

wait, you don't know if it was accidental or if he freaked out? Please back up and explain. Is he dead? Where were you? What story were you on? How come you never found out?

This senpai

Only drug that leaves you better than when you took it. Alcohol, MDMA, opiates - all make you a shit person. Psychodelics are the way to go forward.

>not considering that your friend just fell from a fucking window and injured himself while still tripping
>my trip is so bad because you hurt yourself !!

Also, visiting botanical garden shit is so cash while trippy. Venture out when you feel safe.

Tripped on mescaline today

when you experience ego loss and have a breakthrough you literally can't control yourself. plans go out the window.

i would suggest not tripping because you clearly will not be able to let go and go with the flow

Shrooms and acid. I liked the shrooms better. I'm interested in DMT but don't know if I'll ever get the chance.

I'd love to try that. How was it? Was it like a piece of cactus or powder?

>you literally can't control yourself

I have never experienced this. I would advise you not to trip, because that's called psychosis.