QTDDTOT

Did I gain weight?

165.5 on the scale last week

Today I woke up at 166.2.

I at a lot in a short period of time before going to bed though. Could that be the reason why I "gained" weight?

Kinda worried now and think I'm gonna increase my deficit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o1hpNFpiDek
youtube.com/watch?v=-7_doihy2sc
youtube.com/watch?v=lE4X9tt90x4
youtube.com/watch?v=Goi0tN_8zOY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most likely. Eating a lot prior to sleeping will give you more extra weight and water weight to burn off while sleeping. Trying finishing your meals a few hours before sleeping

Did you weigh yourself around the same time. Your body tends to fluctuate in weight during the day, about 2 lbs or so.

I always weight myself when I wake up.

how do i do weighted dips without a dip belt?

>using myfitnesspal for 2 months
>eating rice often
>decide to measure the calories myself and compare with myfitnesspal
>measure uncooked and cooked weight
>my measurement comes out with twice as many calories as myfitnesspal
how the fuck do they have wrong numbers
it even had that green checkmark

Am I still considered natty after chemo

if i start my workout at home, then drive 20 minutes to the gym to finish it, would this impact me negatively in anyway?
i feel weird doing deadlifts and squats

>i feel weird doing deadlifts and squats
in front of people*

are you by any chance autistic?

yes

then man up

Chances are it was the food. Calm yourself, take a shit, and weigh after. You'll most likely drop most of the weight.

Thanks for advice
that doesn't answer my question though.

Just bad mentally. Can't be good for you self esteem. Ignore the judgement you feel and work out at the gym.

If I were to lose about 10kg/22lbs of fat but still get enough protein, will I lose a significant amount of muscle?

You have to double check everything you enter in MFP with the nutritional info on the package because fatties enter everything with way less calories to cheat.

Brainlet here,
I can't squat any amount of weight due to butt wink
or my lower spine hurting after weight on squats.
Help me fix this I want to make it but can't ATG now I feel my back is fukd for life

>did I gain weight
>I gained weight

seems you answered your own question there, OP

Buy a dip belt

Or hold a dumbbell between your ankles, but you won't be able to add as much weight this way

You'd likely be less warmed up and more physically exhausted if you took a 20 minute driving break during your workout.
That said, you can do it if necessary. It's not necessary though, so learn to do it in front of other people. They don't care or matter.

Post video. Can't accurately diagnose without.

Front Lever

what's the proper way to do it? Just read that scaps should be protracted (and depressed) instead of retracted. Can't believe I've been doing it wrong for so many... months (ecksDi). Also there's a lot of sources on the internet saying proper form is with retracted scapulas. I am going to try tomorrow holding one with protraction.

My current level is 10-15 sec single leg FL hold.

People always say they're amazed at how fat people maintain their weight cause their TDEE must be 4k calories

How true is this?
Are they using a calculation for normal bodies and plugging in 500lbs?
Or does it really cost a shit tonne of energy to keep a fat body alive

My middle back started hurting a lot today when squatting. Since all my remaining lifts required some back work, I stopped the workout there.

Assuming my back doesn't hurt anymore by Thursday, is it okay to lift normally again?

I eat a lot of beans and broccoli on a regular basis for the fibre and protein but I've come to a point where I constantly have to worry about farting. Is there a way to mitigate this bros? I don't want to be that guy in the office but I can't plug my butthole either.

Just go to the loo every time you slightly feel like pooping. Your farts will smell like fresh mountain air.

If that doesn't work, just give yourself an enema every once in a while.

I don't feel like pooping, just farting. Couldn't force the shit out too soon even if I tried. And the farts definitely don't smell like mountain air, especially not after a litre of bean stew

Enema it is. Just use a bulb douche to clean your intestines once or twice a day.

Just want to let you know you are a disgusting human being.

t. anal-retentive

it's just farts m8

Who can explain bracing and breathing for squat to where even a dumbass like me can understand? I seem to be very bad at it despite the countless resources online

Along with any beneficial bacteria and flora that inhabit the colon etc.

Great advice!

Take big breath while at the top of your squat. Use the filled in air and act like your sticking your belly out. Das it

think i fucked up the tendon in my wrist while lifting... maybe a pull? what should I do? I've just been icing it for a couple days

Is it normal to lose 2 pounds if you miss one meal? Does this happen to other people? If I miss one meal, I wake up at least 2 pounds lighter.

I move to an apartment and the previous guy left out a dumbell, just one. What can i do whit it while i search for better equipment?

Curls, Rows, Goblet squats, Shoulder press.

Do chinups build back thickness, width (V taper), or both? How about rows?

How i do a shoulder press whit just one?

hey Veeky Forums im a fucking turboautist and like fast food a whole ton

i am trying to lose weight right now and over the past week ive lost 5 lbs, ive been eating mcdonalds every day, the same meal (big mac, 10 piece nugs, and a large fry with two watermelon kickstarters), which clocks in at around 1400 calories, and thats my only meal for the day

i was 250, now im 245, and looking to slim down even more so you can actually see my physique that is right now hidden by fat

does a diet like this actually work or am i dunning-kreugering myself into oblivion

i want to just have 1 meal a day so i can reign in my appetite and trick my body into thinking im eating a whole lot, but when for the entire day i am not

tldr; dieting to lose weight, what matters more, calories or nutritional content?

Do one arm then the other you fucking brainlet

Hey Lads
Was benching two days ago and after the last set felt a dull pain betweeen front/side delt. Had to stop the workout from fear of tearing rotator cuff. Not sure if I pinched a nerve or just pulled the muscle.
Been icing and taking anti inflammatory to mask the pain but it still lingers.
Going to time off and ease back into it.. Have any advice? Hold me Veeky Forums

can working out or yoga make your fingers grow longer, even marginally?

Change your grip and watch this youtu.be/o1hpNFpiDek

youtube.com/watch?v=-7_doihy2sc
youtube.com/watch?v=lE4X9tt90x4
youtube.com/watch?v=Goi0tN_8zOY
form check
1st video is how i usually squat but 2nd and 3rd video im shoving my knees more infront

I want to start an SS or SL routine but lack the mobility to squat at all without butwink and backpain. should I keep stretching to improve before I start or should I replace for the time being?

Are there any cyclists here?

I'm debating getting into cycling, but how do you plan your rides, or find bike friendly paths?

Also, what kind of price differences are there between low / mid / high/ professional bikes?

I'm not going to go crazy to start, but I don't know how far the rabbit hole goes.

Water weight and other stuff fluctuates a ton from day to day. This is why you should weigh daily and chart the results and look at the trend, not pay attention to specific weigh-ins.

Anyone have a good 3 day, full body program? I found a lot of different stuff on the internet, just wanted to know if someone tried one. (cannot workout more than 3 days because of my shit schedule)

monday: bench squat row curls triceps extensions hyperextensions

wednesday: deadlift front squat incline bench biceps tricep extension facepull cable crunch farmer walk

friday: squat press pull ups curls tricep extension cable crunch hyperextension

do calves every day too

compounds are 3x5, arms 5x8, hyperextensions and abs are 3x15

Your weight is a certain amount of body fat (which is what your body uses for energy and makes you look good), and some amount of water weight (which is water and food you haven't pooped yet and doesn't really matter in the the long term) if you lost 5lbs in a week you probably lost the latter, since you have been eating more hours before you weighted yourself. Losing body fat takes much longer.

Also, your diet is shit. If you keep eating that, you will:
A) Stay hungry for most of the day for having shit macros with empty calories and no micronutrients. This will make you want to "cheat" with cookies and highly caloric things, specially if you are fat and your body is full of saciety hormones.
B) Feel like shit all the time for not having micronutrients.
C) Contract scurvy and other bad diseases for lack of nutrients.

If you want to lose weight, don't drink a shake ever again in your life, and leave McDonald's until you lose at least 100lbs more. Just make it the easy way and cook yourself enough chicken, brown rice, ans broccoli to fit your macros.

Ok so I need to worry about the nutrients and not just the calories

The thing is I dont touch sweets and im not obese, in probably 30ish lbs overweight

My big problem is i like soda way too much, im trying to replace it with other alternarives. One thing i found i do like is watemelon juice. It has lemon juice in it too so i think i can prevent scurvy.

Thanks for the advice user

I haven't started lifting yet, but I'm skinnyfat with bad gyno.
I hate being skinny but hate being fat too. I don't know whether to bulk or cut.. I should bulk right? If I do any tips for how not to get hugely fatter ?

Can I keto on a 5/2 weekly schedule without fucking my shit up, given that I am adjusted enough to slip right back into ketosis once I lower carbs again? I have less control over my nutrition over the weekend because of reasons (still know the calories and rough macros, just cant omit carbs) and I wondered if this will be bad in the long run.

>inb4 hurr durr meme fad diet
not my point here, just want advice

Is it worth using the free personal trainer thing I get at L.A. Fitness?
I feel like they're just going to shill some meme program to me when all I want is like 30 minutes for them to critique my DL/Squat.

>Is it worth using the free personal trainer thing I get at L.A. Fitness?
Unfortnately no for a couple of reasons.
1-High chance of them having 0 knowledge
2-High chance they will put on a meme program so that you don't make gains or make minimal gains.
3-If the guy is legit and all you want to do is your own thing by asking him for advice that early in your career you're risking him trying to change your program.
4- Read rippletits book and you can post videos of your lifts on his forum for spot on critique of form and how to improve it.

tfw fucking obese so scared of posting it on this forum

I guess I can at least ask some of the fellow gym bros if I offer to spot their bench, and maybe just ask personal friends to critique my form after recording it.

Thanks for the advice.

Before adding anything into MFP I always look up around how much calories it has, either on the package or on the internet, and add the entry with the similar value. Otherwise, always go for the highest count there

Healthiest way to prepare chicken breast? So far I've been using a grill (Also, any tip on cleaning that thing or a cleaner way to prepare my chicken tiddies? It's always a pain in the ass to wash that)

no

So lately, I've been trying to stand up all straight and alpha at all times. Back ramrod straight, shoulders back, chest puffed out, all that shit. I even maintain attempt to maintain this posture while sitting.

However, I noticed it causes a lot of pain in my lower back, and it has done so for a few days. Is there a proper form for this that I'm not doing or is it just a CNS thing that I'll get used to in another few days?

No access to barbell.

Can I swap squats for weighted one-legged pistol squats?

you "can", but it won't give the same benefit

People who are 30lbs overweight are obese, and people who think are 30lbs overweight are more than 30lbs overweight. Be honest to yourself and stop trying to take shortcuts.

Fruit juice is terrible. Unless you can get natural one (which is way too expensive) it will be full of addictive sugar and empty calories. Soft drinks are much worse nutritionally than candy.

You need to stop being addicted to sugar, and for that you need to cut it out if your life. Just drink only water, along with plenty of fruit and veggies do you don't feel like shit all the time.

How much muscle would I lose on a cut if I lose 1-2 lbs a week? looking to drop about 30 lbs or so. Would I look half decent?
5'10 185

test

none if your nutrition is near-perfect and you keep lifting

Just started lifting. I like how it gives me more energy and therefore, I want to go to the gym every workday before going to college. Is that a good idea or would it be overkill?

5th attempt at w1d1 of c25k, trying to stop being /fatfuck/

my calves and shins get extremely tight while on the treadmill, so much that I can't complete the day in one go, have to rest then finish later

never exercised before and pretty much just sat in a chair playing vidya

what do

You might need to stretch before you start your workout

When do you take L lysine for optimal effect?

I have an...embarrassing problem lads.

I lift with a t-shirt and sweatpants. Nothing crazy or fancy. I have narrow hips, so stuff that fits my size is generally fuccboi tier and "snug" fitting.

Well, Mehdi's jewish app program has made my legs and ass big. Not only that, when I squat and blood pumps into my legs, my cock doesn't really have anywhere to go so it kinda starts bulging forward in my pants. I ain't a big guy or anything, but its a pretty noticeable bulge. I've seen a few thotts not-so-discreetly staring at my cock.

what do?

Same situation. I think in good time. Your nervous system can only adapt so fast.

Nothing to do, man. Everyone has a penis.

Now can a newb get a form check? I know I need to keep my NECK NEUTRAL, I've since corrected this problem. How's everything else though?

Like at breakfast? Before sleep? After workout?

pls

someone got the photo of the gf made out of pl8s?

Why do people do squats in front of the power rack

I'm just starting out and my workout recommends deadlifts, but there's nowhere I can actually do them(gym doesn't have platform, not allowed to drop weights, etc.).

What's the closest alternative I can do until I find a way to deadlift?

>trying to find deficit to start lean bulking at a 250surplus average
>some calculators give me 1958, others 2100+
>decide to do 2000 and see how it goes for a week
>lose weight
>decide to fuck it and just up it to 2250
>gaining weight
>went in 3 days from 63kg to 63.7kg
>not sure if water weight but the surplus cant be that high if I was losing weight at minus 250kcals

alright, outside water retention what can increase weight that quickly
kinda fucks up my weekly averages

Might not be the one you're thinking of.

Poops

kinda similar issue to OP - been bulking for about 2 months, was at 143 and gaining pretty predictably for weeks.. one day I jump up to 147 and have been there for almost a week so I don't think it's just a sudden bump in water weight? what would cause this

Doing SL 5x5, Squat is at 70kg, Bench is 60kg, BOR is 50kg, DL 107.5kg (mainly due to weak grip strength, muscles feel capable of more) OHP 40kg.

My problem is with squats, I keep getting hip pain (like I keep straining a muscle in my hip on the right.) Not sure what the issue is but it's causing me to not squat and do leg press instead.

My other question is at what point do I stop with SL 5x5 (actually doing 3x5) and when is it time to cut instead of permabulking

Should I use the hip abductor before squats?

If you have the equipment to do deadlifts and squats at home I don't understand why you wouldn't just go home gym for the whole workout?

Currently doing gslp, and I want to add some facepulls or reverse flys to alleviate my rounded shoulders. Is there a certain place I should add them? I was going to do them the same day I do rows

I've only pooped twice since I had diahrrea 7 days ago despite hitting an average of 40g fiber and eating a healthy diet

no fucking clue why this happens, I would usually shit after drinking a cup of coffee but not even two do the job since that day

>161 carbs left to consume
>20g protons left
>704kcals open

how do I do this?
was thinking of 100g oats with 250ml milk
then I dunno

If i fail the final rep of a 105 pound OHP should i deload and work back up again or should i simply try again at the same weight?

Help me plan out my diet fit

Im aiming for low calorie high protein (on a cut) but also im on a budget

im thinking my focus should be on tuna and chicken breast for dinner and lunch sometimes adding some rice or noodles for cheap calories.

Then add mainly tomato lettuce and onions as vegetabñles, then oranges and apples as fruit. Sometimes alternating with different fruits.

For breakfeast coffe, some fruit and cereal

what do you think?

how can i get high protein low calories while staying on a budget and hitting all micro nutrients too?

Is it better to do cardio or to lift if my main goal is to lose BF as soon as possible to 10% so I can start bulking? (My goal is to be Lean)

What does /fi think about body types: picture

I was on a deficit for 2 whole years, some weeks I would be on a deficit and somewhat screw it up but 90% time just plain deficit which leaves me to a few questions

1. Did I PERMANENTLY fuck up my hormones? Or will they go back to normal status now that I'm 4 days into a bulk

2. If my T levels dropped from that long ass cut and I get them back, will I see any gains? As in better mood, better facial hair development, more energy, etc ?

I have some delicious peanut butter, but its quite salty and I want it in a shake. How do i best neutralise the saltiness?

acidity iirc

Sugar

Th-thanks Veeky Forums

ploxy plox this pleasy

1.No you didn't fuck up your hormones.
Being fat as fuck for long periods will do more damage to your hormones and shorten your life to boot.

2.Yes, while you were on the cut. However they will go back to normal after a while. For a natural it will take a while. So be prepared. You'll start to feel differently almost immediately howeve.r

Thank you.

Can anyone recommend me the "leanest" peanut butter?
thanks in advance

Peanut Butter

There is no such thing. Peanutbutter is loaded with fat and thus also calories. It's a big part of why so many people like it, actually.
It's not a very good food choice for somebody who wants to lose weight.