Anyone else hesistant about taking antibiotics...

Anyone else hesistant about taking antibiotics? I was recently diagnosed with a sinus infection and given antibiotics to take twice a day. I took one, and I don't really plan on taking more. I feel that the less I use antibiotics for small stuff, the more I can possibly use them later for serious things.

You're an absolute idiot, good thing you'll not be part of the gene pool anymore

>t. Big Pharma

If you've been prescribed them then take the whole course you mong

>every prescription is good and accurate

>Big Pharma

>take your antibiotics thrice daily!
>bacterial immunity? What's that?

they won't gain immunity if you take them and kill them, when you take them once a then fuck off is when you get resistant bacteria

take either none or fuckin finish it

>taking antibiotics for a sinus infection
>a fucking sinus infection
I hope they're not broad spectrum or you're fucked. Enjoy destroying your gut. Really worth it not to just netti pot.

- Here, take these for five days.
- FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?
- No, just for fi--
- FUCK YOU BIG PHARMA I'D RATHER DIE
- No, listen, just for five days--
- THE REST OF MY LIFE? No, THANK YOU!!!!!!

> I feel that the less I use antibiotics for small stuff
Technically true. You get antibiotic resistant bacteria because idiots are given antibiotics for damn everything.
There are retarded doctors (no doubt American since doctors want people to keep going to them) that hand out antibiotics for a fucking flu.

If you took just one, eat the rest of the prescription else you'll contribute to antibiotic resistant bacteria which is such a fucking stupid thing to do.

They may fuck your gut up though, which is why you eat yoghurt and other probiotics.

>have surgery
>prescribed antibiotics after to prevent any infections
>no infections but I am shitting liquid every day
>empty my bowels for long enough to near choke myself on yoghurt and yakult
>shit better the next day

*empty my bowels for long enough to survive going out to buy and

Like I said, I took one and no more. I've never been a fan of medications like that for small stuff, especially when I've never been prone to sickness in general.

Bruh with one dose you're just eliminating the weak bacteria and letting the stronger thrive. You're making your infection worse.

Take the fucking pills, dont stop taking your pills even if you feel better or you will end with resistant bacteria.

Bacteria is not a fucking virus, it hardly goes away by itself

Funny thing is that it's already mostly passed. I've got a feeling that it wasn't actually a sinus infection, because aside from mild congestion and an annoying occasional cough, there's nothing to it.

>Funny thing is that it's already mostly passed
Wait two days.

that's not how anti-biotic treatments work you fucking mong. if you don't take the full treatment all you're doing is increasing the odds of anti-biotic restistant strains lingering in your body as you just did them a favour by thinning the weak from their ranks. either take an antibiotic to the end or don't fucking take it at all.

Learn to spot a bait thread you dim fucking wankers.

I'm calling the police on you. You are crazy an need to be locked away. you fucking mong.

My mother is a hypochondriac and she kept me loaded with allergy pills, asthma meds, antibiotics, Ritalin, and any other drugs she could shove down my throats because maybe I sneezed.

I grew up believing I had asthma but once I stopped taking meds for it my make believe asthma went away. I stopped taking allergy meds and haven't had breathing problems since. I stopped all the allergy shots and pills and I feel like I don't have allergies anymore. Every sickness I grew up believing to have went away when I stopped taking medication for it.

My mother did not do this to my older brother, only me. My brother is 6'3" and the average height of all the men on both sides of my family is around 6'4" and look like Viking beasts bread for the NFL. I am 5'6" and scrawny and I fully blame my mother for it. Only take drugs if you fell like you need them.

>antibiotics are big pharma
Looks like you have never been seriously ill. Good for you.

High quality bait

>manlet self-hatred
You faggots deserve to be genocided.

Well, it depends. I got prescribed antibiotics for an ear infection a week ago. 1000 mg of amoxicillin twice a day for 7 days specifically. I felt significantly better even after two days of doing this shit, now i am doing muay thai again. Didnt really get bowel problems or anything like that. If you got a legit issue that needs antibiotics, take your fucking antibiotics.

faggot homo pussy

You did more damage by taking one and stopping than you could have done if you had kept on taking them for the full duration of the treatment. You are absolutely ignorant about everything, I wouldn't be surprised if you're a /pol/ regular

I have a rather large penis and naturally low body fat thigh, so that eases some of my anger over being short.

making decisions based on your knowledge of a subject only works when you actually have knowledge of a subject, brainlet

have you studied medicine?
no?
then why do you think you understand what will and will not work?

had to take them for 7 days for parodontitis. I went lifting three days in and felt weak as shit and fucked my back during squats which took over a month to heal. If you have to you have to, it's pretty much the only reliable medication.
tl;dr it fucks with your gains

>studies literally show that stopping antibiotics for mild co ditions does nothing to increase resistant bacteria
>HIRRR YOUR GONNA DIEEE

retards, the lot of you.

>I feel that the less I use antibiotics for small stuff, the more I can possibly use them later for serious things.

I've never seen such stupidity

yeah man better to trust your facebook mom spidey senses than some stupid meta-analysis

Idiot. Do you realise for how long you have to take antibiotics for them to have the negative effects you're delusional about?

Fuckin look it up then finish the course. I mean fuck, you go to a doctor and get professional advice then you come here with your own made up bullshit looking for support.

Just gas yourself. Seriously, if you think everything is just consultative then why bother seeing a doctor at all, just let google and Veeky Forums diagnose.

Don't take them at all or take all of them. If you don't completely kill the bacteria they will become resistant, in which case you will have to take a stronger different type of antibiotic. I hate pills more than most people, but antibiotics are one of the few good pills. Make sure to take probiotics afterwards if you do take them.

drink KEFIR or face the wrath and endless IV therapy of C. DIFF

source: I'm a nurse aide in a physical rehab facility and see people young and old with C DIFF because of antibiotics

They def have their uses but they'll fuck your shit up too. Being linked to autoimmune issues, etc

> nurse aide
> medical advice

pls
i think you need a medical degree for that

Doctor fag here, what did they give you, augmentin for 14 days OP? First, understand that when a patient presents to our office with a sinus infection, they want to get better. Sinusitis is mostly viral in origin but when you explain that to a patient
They say

>well can't you give me an antibiotic

They don't understand that antibiotics have absolutely no effect on viruses but expect to get better when they get to the doctor. Some fold and say okay here is your drug (still possible even though less likely it is bacterial) and other says to take a few days and if it comes back green and mucous like that we will give you an antibiotic. Yes, there is a giant increase in bacterial immunity but when our patient wants to get better, sometimes you want to make them feel better. There is also the fact that increased antibiotic usage damages the intestinal microbiota and can lead to shit like C. DifĂ­cile. I typically try to reason things out with my patients

>What is superbacteria?

Part of the problem is morons like you exposing the organisms to antibiotics but not at high enough levels to substantially reduce the population. Obviously livestock is the bigger factor but every little bit counts when were are racing full speed towards the post antibiotic era.
Source: PhD in microbiology

Part of the problem is that big pharma isn't putting enough funding into antibiotics to jeep up with the pace that we loose them. We have lost entire classes of antibiotics and there has been some bullshit like 1 or 2 structurally/mechanistically novel antibiotics in the last 15 years

>We have lost entire classes

Have we?
Which ones?
Even the ole penicillin G is still in use

The tetracyclines

>I think I am more educated on pharmacology and medical treatment than a doctor

after micro in college I swore off of them, Look into what the long term effects are on your gut flora, even a decade after taking broad spectrum, people haven't replenished like 60% of the different bacteria strains. leads to all kinds of fucked up bullshit. by now my immune system is so strong I can't get sick. and I work in a hospital with highly contagious isolation patients all day. I have no doubt that I have MRSA as part of my natural flora now, but it doesn't harm me in any way.. I did get aspiration pneumonia after drinking too much and breathing vomit one night about 6 years ago. The doc said I would probably die without them, Im a bit of a moron so I told them to fuck off and got over it on my own. I decided that even if it was to save my life, I won't take them, for the general good of mankind. we don't really discover new antibiotics, but there are new drug resistant super bacteria all the time. They evolve much too fast to keep up with. We are engineering the downfall of civilization with the over use of antibiotics.

Enjoy your c diff I guess then breh you can learn the hard way what I learned to free from docs

?
They are still widely used