High carb > High fat for weight loss

I'm tired that this board is pushing a keto diet every single day, so I feel like its time for a high carb thread.

>What is high carb?
A diet that consist of more than 60% of daily calories from carbs. A normal ratio would be either 70/15/15 or 60/20/20

>A typical cheap meal plan
• Breakfast:
oats + water/almond milk...+chia/flax seeds + a banana or berries + couple of almonds
• Lunch:
Smoothie: banana or other fruit + dark leafy greens + oat milk/almond milk...
Potatoes + Lentils + some veggies
• Dinner:
Kidney beans + Rice + brazil nut/nuts

>Arent carbs bad?
youtube.com/watch?v=BnHYHjchn6w

>Ketogenic diets slow down weight loss despite a small increase in energy expendature
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf html

>Dietary fat restriction results in more body fat loss than carbohydrate restriction:
cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

>de novo lipogenesis and why gaining weight on a high carb diet is harder
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/6/707.full#ref-list-1

>fat caused signifently more weight gain when overfed
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7598063

>Whole food high carb diet able to reverses CAD
dresselstyn.com/JFP_06307_Article1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why the fuck do people want to rely on fat for energy ?
It's shit for anaerobic and for aerobic , it cuck your maximum energy output , making sure you always have as much glycogen as possible is the best way to have great energy level , power output capacity & most efficient recovery .
Carbs is fucking rocket fuel you have in limited quantity , fat is just trash gasoline that is meant to be used only to preserve your carbs .

also carbs make you muscles look fuller, which is probably the whole idea behind bodybuilding lol

I'm basically doing 55 on carbs, 20 on protein and 25 on fat since with 20% my protein intake is almost double my bodyweight in kg

is this fine carb-wise? started bulking(250 surplus this last 3 days) after a long cut and I naturally eat low carb and im wondering if this is the reason I feel tired/not as energetic as when I began and did a stupid dirty bulk

>continually supply your body with glucose & fructose, providing both muscle and liver glycogen to fuel your body instead of burning stored fat directly
>wonder why you stay pudgy as fuck
>cuck your body's hormone levels
high carb is shitty for weightloss

>continually supply your body with fat so you body has to produce more ketones to use the fat as better fuel
>still thinking the reason you lose weight on a keto diet is not because of an deficit
>cuck your body hormone level, blood flow, arterie function
high fat is shitty for everything

High carb is really hard for bulking, thats why you need to up your fat intake so 55/20/25 is actually not bad, try to go 30% on fat

And yes, eating low carb will make you feel more tired and less energetic. I was in the same position as you. Brain fog for the first 3-4 days on a keto diet and after that I just felt weaker than I usually do. Since I started to eat high carb I feel like I can horse, so much power.

Carbs are the most important for high energy , it's as a greater energy output potential , it require less O2 for the same output , it help retain minerals like potassium & magnesium which are super important for efficient muscle contraction & healthy blood flow , there is no reason to not eats 60+% of your calories from carbs ( don't listen to ketard who claim they have high energy , you just become accustomed to low energy when you do keto/ low carb )

Beside Omega 3 & 6 all other fatty acids can be metabolized from body fat , Unless you enter bodybuilding contest bodyfat ( 9% or less) there is no reason to eat lots of fat , just have a bit in every meal to help with the absorption of vitamin & you're good to go , get your O6 & O3 ( aim for 1:1 ratio ) .

I get all my Omega 3 & 6 & eat a bit of fat with all my meal , for a total of around 20g of fat per day , that's all it take , all the other calories can be used for much more useful carbs & protein .
And btw you'll probably hear some retard claims that saturated fat & high fat intake correlate with test level but that's total bullshit , the study "showing" it take people who are deficient in tons of vitamin & mineral ( especially zinc & magnesium ) and then feed them tons of meat which contains a lot of saturated fat but also happen to contain tons of Zinc , and Zinc deficiency is number one test killer in case of deficiency .

High carb is amazing

should have done this years ago

I eat as much as I want and gain no fat

there's no reason to eat oil. it just hangs on your stomach. let it go.

this is why science sucks. there are 1000 studies that show keto works and is good for weight loss, and then there are 1000 studies that show keto is terrible and is bad for weight loss.

sounds promising but ive tried both and keto works way better for me.

You are wrong about this. This is why science is overcomplicated. There are a lot of studies that are simply there to cause doubt so that people like you have a harder time to see though them and find the "truth". Thats why we need to look at leading nutrion doctors and ALL of them recommend a high carb diet.

The only thing a keto study will never prove is that you can reverse CAD with it, but a high carb diet actually can.

I would guess that you dont plan on living for the rest of your life on a keto diet, am i wrong? If you are ready try a high carb diet again but this time strictly focus on only eating whole foods like legumes, beans, grains, fruits and veggies. You cant deny that they are all healthy.

> shit for endurance
Kek, I doubled the amount I could jog on keto after getting fat adapted. I agree with the rest tho.

> nutrition
> science
Got me a laugh m8.

No reason to do high anything. 50/25/25 gets me much fuller than 60+ on a deficit and I still can run and lift (keto is shit for anyone non sedentary really).

>ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf html
they were on a caloric deficit for 8 weeks, first 4 high carb, next 4 low carb. couldn't one argue that fat loss slowed down, because it always slows down after weeks on a deficit?

>150g carbs
>250g protein
>110g fat
The gains are unbelievable

this was adjusted, otherwise this whole study would make no sense.

Tfw on keto lift 7 days a week and have more energy than everyone else in the gym. Git gut idiots

I like eating a variety of foods and lots of them

Do you plan on doing ketosis forever?

For the foreseeable future at least. No lack of variety on keto

You do need fats to regulate hormones you silly goose

You need fatty acids, not fats. And you need very small amounts, even leafy greens have plenty.

There's just no reason to eat excess fat and clog your body up. The only way you can eat that healthy is to be on ketosis, and I am skeptical of the long term effects of such a diet.