I am a statistics PhD student helping another PhD candidate with a study on the effects of obesity

I am a statistics PhD student helping another PhD candidate with a study on the effects of obesity.

I was told by her to fabricate data after the results contradict what she is trying to show. She told me that she and her supervisor fabricated data on previous papers and that the company sponsoring the study expects certain results.

Am I wrong to go along with it? My name wont be on the paper, since I'm just doing paid work and not research, so idk if she gets caught.

tl;dr. we're not doing your homework, faggot. fuck off. no bump.

Don't do it

Just curious on the context of this sort of thing. I am an MD/PhD and never encountered anything this egregious in any of the research I've worked on at reputable institutions.

Is this a well known American university or a low-tier place? Is the lab reputable or run by some kind of wannabe up-and-coming PI? Is this in a hard scientific discipline (not stats, but the PhD student you're working with) or some kind of "public health" or social science?

Not trying to cut into you, but I just am trying to figure out where this stuff happens as I never have encountered it.

Stats are a meme

It's ranked in the top 30 worldwide. So it's fairly reputable, but not Yale or Harvard good. When PhD candidates need help with statistics we usually get an email sent around offering paid work.

I'm not sure what her exact field is (I only talk to her about the work), but the study is on how obesity hinders the effectiveness of some drug. She gave me a draft of her paper as background reading but I haven't touched it since the data work was very straight forward.

>I am a statistics PhD student
8/10 bait. Choose a better pic next time.

Don't do it. Report her and the company. Have some morals.

I mean, I can take pictures of my textbooks to show you? I don't get what's so unbelievable about what I said. I am researching models of volatility in finance.

This.

This
If you skew shit to accept obesity you become a part of a huge problem. Have some ethics

>being a PhD student is inconceivable
kek ur a retard

but then I'll be involved in a bunch of drama and shit

fuck earthquake as I typed this. shiiiiit

no nigga, don't dirty your hands with that kinda shit

>Veeky Forums - Fitness
Kys stemcuck

Don't do things that make you weak.

Don't be a pussy. The definition of masculinity is being true to your morals and not letting Jews get the upper hand.

expose her like the piece of shit she is. Science is one of the few temples of integrity left in the professional world, please please exterminate her and her kind from our field, otherwise you're at least .5 * as bad as she is.

her kind needs to be banished from publishing. Science is one of the few honest fields left desu dont let some fucking cow fuck it up for the rest of us

OP, this sort of thing really backfires. You said your uni is top 30th, that means getting citations is highly probable, specially in a public interest topic such as obesity, being pro HAES or against it.

This is not a moral decision, it's a cost/benefit one, and quite possibly if this sort of person gets caught it is entirely plausible that she will say she got the data from you. Finding excuses and blaming others is extremely easy.

Don't do it. Besides, from a Veeky Forums perspective you are enabling fatties so fuck you. On the event this is to show data against fatties don't do it either, obesity doesn't needs lies to be attacked

It's your reputation, short and long term.

Can you provide/preserve evidence that she says earlier results were fabricated?

If you can do this, take her down.

If you can't, just excuse yourself for doing the work, tell her
>The ethics I was taught at home and in class don't let me feel comfortable doing this for you, you'll have to find someone else if that's what you need.

Don't stick your neck out if all you have is he-said, she-said, you'll lose and taint your own image as someone who hits study funders in the dick without being able to back it up.

And what if someone reviews your data later on? Then you're complicit in fraud instead of blowing the whistle.

It happens all the time, but go ahead, I'm sure you'll be the one super special guy who gets away :^).

Don't do it. You're a PhD to increase human knowledge, not to play tricks.

Get her to put it in writing and expose it to everyone in your program including the dean.

dont do it, try to get her to say that in writing like over an email or some shit and expose her. does your school have an honor code?

If this shit gets exposed and you're not the one doing it, expect to get the shaft too.

My opinion is to cut your losses and show the world what these people really are: con artists.

As a scientist you stake your reputation and your career on every study you publish

If you do it, you will have 0 credibility in your field if you ever get caught, and no one will ever take you seriously as a researcher

>Fuck earthquake as I typed this. shiiiiit
Quit making God angry, and report that shit.

This is a good point. I assumed she asked via email, not in person.

Unless you want to go full soy mode and record a conversation.

>her
>she
You're in an affirmative action program or what?
>Science is one of the few temples of integrity left in the professional world,
Holy fuck it is not it's a political shit show involving truths being covered up because it doesn't fir the narrative.

She asked me in person when I met to discuss the results. I have no evidence against her in all honestly. I'm thinking of just recusing myself but not outing her.

user, this is your chance to do the right thing. think about the people that this study will affect. yeah it will probably be inconvenient for you, but this is about more than you. this is about academic integrity.

while i would totally understand not doing so, try and see a way you could without minimizing your damage

This OP, but plow the pussy first.

>I am a statistics PhD student
whats it like to live with autism Tbh

Is it pro or anti obesity

I see where you're coming from.

Difficult, but I only entered the program to make getting a visa easier. Government is paying me the equivelent of $30K USD a year which is enough to live off.

In germany there are "Ombudsmänner" to whom you can tell stuff like this anonymously. Do you have something similar? Even if they tell you need proof, at least you tried.

So you're a poo ?

I wouldn't come here for ethics advice, but if you give a shit about your future don't fabricate data. Report her and the supervisor she outed to whatever body you can.

what kind of kike science is this

report it anonymously.
Obesibeasts are mostly a result of their own addiction and being led astray by papers like that.
You'll be doing some good for the human cause by reporting it and not cooperate with the bitch.

If you do it, op, then hide a message in the numbers that says FAKE DATA TROLLED LUL

say you'll do it, gather as much of their original data as you can, save all the emails, and expose the cunt

t. chemistry phd student that wasted 6 months trying to replicate syntheses that faggot cunts have just bullshitted

You should say their names to Veeky Forums you weak cunt. Nothing like a bit of pseudo justice online.

OP if you don't report this you're a giant faggot

political scientist/barista detected

Is it paid enough to be worth your conscience and/or reputation down the road?
That's the only answer you need.

victoria is not a top 30 university lmao