I need help with programming, Veeky Forums

Alright fit, here's my dilemma:
1. Martial arts 6 times a week. (3 Muay Thai, 3 BJJ) starting last month
2. 191 cm, 92.9 kg, 15 percent bodyfat, lacklustre physique, barely oit of lanklet mode
3. My lifts have been stalled at 1.25/2.25/2.5/3.5 for about a year
4. Want to know what template of 5/3/1 is viable for strength gains and how barebones I can make it, while including 1 neck exercise and alternatinf 3x5 pullups and rows every lifting day.
Goal is gaining strength and, if possible, leab mass.

Thank you, Veeky Forums, I trust you.

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftingtowin.com/the-juggernaut-method/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

also; was maintaining weight at 3500 kcals a day so I bumped it up to 3750 today.

it's going to be tough to train with enough volume to get really big and strong while also doing that much BJJ and muay thai

try one of the 2 day 5/3/1 templates or maybe juggernaut method

5/3/1 is not what you need, not enough volume for a person who has pretty poor stats lower body. Id say focus on some volume on your legs like 5x7-8 squats and dead lifts doing things like deficit too as accessory. At your height you should be like 100kg at least at 15% bf to not look like a skinny dyel.

After doing volume for 10-12 weeks brings the reps down but keep the volume the same, I think its just your work capacity that is shit. Sometimes you just need to go mad. (with good form, proper recovery) And if possible stop doing split workouts like chest day. They are a meme unless you are an elite lifter.

bruh this is my routine before i did martial arts

>Goal is gaining strength and, if possible, leab mass.
Well, if this is your goal, then fucking train for it properly. Martial arts training is a conflicting goal to strength training. Some ppl can do that, but most cant.
>1. Martial arts 6 times a week. (3 Muay Thai, 3 BJJ) starting last month
if you wanna do MMA, then go find a proper mma gym and train there. Or just do either muay thai or bjj or some other martial art for a while and build a base and then transition into mma.
>2. 191 cm, 92.9 kg, 15 percent bodyfat, lacklustre physique, barely oit of lanklet mode
By normie standarts you are already pretty good looking most likely, esp if you got good face.

If you wanna do martial arts, just focus on maintaining the strength you already got(you dont much training for that) and work on your cardio and your skills as a fighter

I dont want to look good to normies I want to be Big, Strong, and Physically capable.

Well.. I understand that maybe my goaks aren't as attainable as one can hope but if there is anything I can do I would like to know.
Thanks for your input brother.

Id say you are doing too much assistance work eg on tuesday you are doing 5x5 say, thats 10 sets of heavy shit then 9 sets of assistance shit. You have alot of volume but not where it counts. With strength more is often less. Lifting 8-12 is not going to make you stronger.... you are doing a half assed strength program and a half assed hypertrophy program with only 2 days recovery. Strength athletes lift 4 days a week possibly 5, but always have a 48 hour rest. what you are doing has too much assistance work and not enough heavy compounds.

Eg ditch the incline bench on tuesday for 4x8 db floor press add in another set of bench. drop the dips and alternate ohp and bench each workout so you do one fatigued.

Same with thursday legs.... Back squat 5x5 then 2x7-8 The front squats are there for what reason??? then hip thrusts should be 4x8 ditch the leg press, and I would add in some hamstring work as you have no hamstring exercises....

You need to just look at your programme and think what do i want to achieve, is it strength or is it mass? Then work each muscle group evenly and accordingly. As this program is a mish mash.

thats not my routine anymore user.

currently i do 5/3/1
3 days a week

Deadlift 5 3 1
Back extension 10 x 3
weighted pullups 5x3
neck curls

Squat 5/3/1
Bench 5/3/1
Glute Bridge 8x3
Rows 5x3
Neck Bridges

Press 5/3/1
Incline Press 8x3
Weighted Pull Ups 5x3
Neck Curls

its shit but thats why im here.

>starting last month

You'll quit.

Whether I will or not is a matter unknown to either of us right now.

But I didn't ask for your opinion on that, so please give me some input I can work with or kindly find another thread to ruin, brother.

Agreed you shouldn't get flamed for asking for help. What you are doing now is the total opposite, you do no volume and all heavy. Personally at your numbers I don't think 5/3/1 is a good idea.

5/3/1 is good for

Guys who are too busy to learn about training but still want to be moderately strong

People who are stupid and/or lazy

Athletes who need a decent training program and could care less about learning anything; also, busy/disinterested coaches

And lastly T-nation dick-riders which is where i imagine you got this idea from....

Your programme has literally no volume, I don't mean to be a dick but how is 7 reps a week of dead lift going to make your dead lift go up? When if you did 5x5 you would do 25 reps, and the extra 4 reps you do with 3/1 if not going to be better than another 16 reps at your 5x5 weight.

And another thing... Back extension for triples.... Whats wrong with you? 10x3?? Why arent you doing deadlift for 10x3... Tot to mention how bad that is to put your spine under that sort of flexion. Back extension if an isolation exercise and you are doing 10 sets of 3 reps. Literally the most amount of sets for any exercise. Bruh please pick up a book because there aint no helping you if you are putting exercises like that in your programme.

sorry i meant three sets of ten

If you want programming help go to /g/.

nice

even so... please explain to me why back extension is in the program its important for your learning to ask yourself why. Also what you are doin is not 5/3/1... this is 5/3/1

eg deadlift
week 1 3x5 @65%75%85%
week 2 3x3 @70%80%90%
week 3 5/3/1 @75%85%95%
week 4 3x5 @ 50%60%70%

>I dont want to look good to normies I want to be Big, Strong, and Physically capable.
Well, by most standarts you are already healthy, strong and fit. So what do you want to do from now? You gotta make the decision. Do you wanna do strongman or powerlifting or do martial arts? You are just most likely insecure about your size because of unrealistic physique standarts you see on the internet. If you think that being 93 kg while being decently lean, maybe even with abs at 1.9m is somehow bad for bad just walking around and going about your life, you arent being realistic. Its completely fine to not have a physique of a bodybuilder and stats of a powerlifter, if you arent a powerlifter or a bodybuilder.
>Well.. I understand that maybe my goaks aren't as attainable as one can hope but if there is anything I can do I would like to know.
Well, just commit to one thing for 2-3 months and see if your heart lies with it.

Just do whatever you find the most fun and focus on that. Its all about how much passion and personal enjoyment you get out of what you do. Nothing else matters, really.

regardless training like a tard like he is at the moment will not help. If he has got as far as he has training like he has, he could easily be a 100kg athletic guy, he just need to read a book. It would benefit him both in strength and martial arts.

Alright.
For now Ill try my hand at 6 a week fight training with 3 lift days a week just to AT LEAST maintain my strength for now.
Thanks for lowering my exoectations a bit. It just bothers me because I see bigger guys than me and feel insecure obviously. I feel the need to be the "big strong guy that can fight" but its probably just an ego thing.

first of all, martial arts 6 days a week is going to start impacting your gains if you want to prioritize martial arts performance. if you're going to good gyms, the training will be to hard to recover from in conjunction with serious lifting.

any kind of meaningful training volume will be detrimental to your MA, so you'd better begin with low volume, add volume over time gradually and see what happens. if you manage to recover from that additional volume and it doesn't impact your MA, and you're getting stronger and bigger - fantastic, you're doing it man. if you add more volume and you CAN'T recover, you stall or your MA is affected, then you're jut going to have to take it on the chin (ha ha.) and choose one or the other while going easier on the one you didn't pick. sadly that's the way life is.

that being said, you should be able to get to a fairly high standard in both of those without them affecting each other TOO badly, but a point will come when you must choose like that old blind prick at the nights watch warned us all about;

>For now Ill try my hand at 6 a week fight training with 3 lift days a week just to AT LEAST maintain my strength for now.
6 days a week fight training is pretty fucking brutal. Like, when i actively did muay thai i started out at 3 days a week of fight training + doing a 5km run in the morning + some sprints and i had trouble going about my life at first from that after doing clinching, because everything would be fucking smoked from that, my traps and neck wanted to commit suicide. 6 days a week is basically going to a training camp, lmao. I recommend doing one martial art from the start for like 3 days a week and then bump it up as you get better and adapt. Like, at first you are probably going to have trouble getting to the end of any given training session, because of how intensive it is on your cardio, let alone doing it 6 times a week. Just start out doing 3 days a week of your preffered martial art, do lifting on the side to keep your strength up. Then bump up fight training to more days per week. If you are doing muay thai, get a heavy bag for yourself some time and do some rounds at home, when your technique stops being shit.

Why is no one commenting on his garbage programme and making excuses for his shitty progress. I used to swim with the UK national swimming team and we would gym 3x a week with 11-13 swimming sessions a week totalling about 20-25 hours and everyone had better numbers than that and weighed about 75-85kg. It is totally possible to get his numbers up. At his body weight a 120kg squat 1rm is fucking pathetic. Rugby 7's players.... roughly 85-100kg body weight all squat min 180kg bench 140kg, have v02 max of a basketball player or a tennis player, endurance, speed power, gym 3 times a week train 4 rugby sessions, 1 match a week.

I feel you, I want to go back to boxing after a short hiatus but lifting 5 days a week makes it impossible

HAHA i get it synonyms

i started off with bjj thrice a week and added the muay thai
and yes heavy bag is part of the plan.

i know its pathetic thats why i made this thread.

I just don't get why everyone else is saying its because your recovery is fucked up. How intense is a Bjj session and kickboxing? Honestly your programme should look like this,

Deadlift 4-5x4-6
Deadlift acsessory eg rack pull or deficit deadlift 2-3x6-8
Rows 3-6x6-8
Preacher curl 6x8
neck shit

Bench 5x5
Pause bench 2x3(3sec holds) at rpe 7-8 take 10kg off 5x5 weight(optional
OHP 4x5-6
floor db press 3-4x8
cable face pulls 3-4x8-10(works rear delt so you dont snap your shit up)
neck shit

Squat 5-6x4-6/front squat to rest posterior chain every other week
glute bridge 3-4x8
Weighted pull ups 3x5
Bench 4x4 at rpe 7 Just putting reps in for frequency don't go mad, same for OHP.
OHP 3x8 swap bench and ohp every other week
neck shit

3x8 is 3 sets of 8 reps, you seem to write it the other way round.

this is how I would tweak your program. Probably drop one fighting session a week to give yourself a 48hr rest period.

ill try this out brother.
Loojs promising

do i progress on lifts like SS

Didn't read this thread because it's full of shit routines with no thought behind them but run the old Juggernaut method. It's made for athletes who do sport on top of lifting.

powerliftingtowin.com/the-juggernaut-method/

Natty/genetic limit.