Let's get *actually* strong:

you know that one time when one of your relatives (probably you gf's parents) asked you if you could move that huge stone that's been in their yard forever, and you said yes cause you pull 5pl8 for reps and the stone is, what 80kg tops? remember how you tried and tried in humiliation but never even managed to get it all the way against your torso, let alone carry it, and eventually your relatives looked annoyed and told you it didn't matter.
I'm gonna be a Crosshitter for a while but how to get that REAL WORLD STRENGTH (I know you love that shit)? Don't tell me to do my fucking squats and DLs, let's be real please. I can do 2/3/4/5 for AT LEAST 3 reps, and I absolutely as weak in real life, non optimal movement patterns than when I started 3 years ago.
I think most people generally speaking have very weak grip, oblique training and "crush" lifting skills. Also there was a thread about bending a few days ago and I definitely think that's something that no big 3 will improve.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0HThQbRlWgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you got to 2/3/4/5 the issue with picking up the stone wasn't strength, it's technique.

Just add some atlas stone to your training and never use straps. I only have a 475 deadlift and I can close the captain of crush number 2. Gunning for number 3.

>hey user you're pretty strong can you move this rock?
yea sure
>get pic related
>move the stone

the point of working out isn't to go lift stupid awkward shit and risk injury just to prove to some idiots how strong you are.

what if the rock doesn't fit?
or if you don't have one of those?

Sometimes being strong comes in handy by allowing you to easily move shit without the need to get special equipment for it though. At my workplace (food service) there's a huge iron tub thing that needs to be cleaned every night. Everyone else gets something similar to your pic and wheels it to the dishwasher but I can easily squat down, pick it up, set it in the washer, and then carry it back when its done. It ends up saving me a good couple minutes each way.

you can balance the rock on it most likely if the thing isn't 1000lb boulder. if you don't have something to help you move it in a safe manor tell them to fuck off because you're not going to risk injury to move a stupid rock.

sure, they'll just ask their neighbors-from-across-the-road's bearmode Chad son, as soon as he visits his parents for the weekend while his employees temporarily run his successful startup company.

slightly different if you know you're strong enough to perform an action without risking injury.

the only way to prepare for something like a stone lift is to train for it like a professional strongman would. but even they realized that trying to carry stones like pic related wasn't very safe and changed the stone carry to a more tombstone shaped cement block

seriously though
>crush lifting
>grip/hand training (includes bending)
>heavy isometric curl/holds
these are the single most important things one should strengthen. why are they so neglected?

>crush lifting
hwat

Husafell

based zercher

STRONGMAN
youtube.com/watch?v=0HThQbRlWgo

honestly these guys are unironically probably the most versatile. I know we give them shit for being a bit memey and "crossfit for fatties" but yeah, theirs is a much more complete sport than oly or pl. I mean that's pretty obvious but still.
they are based, aren't they? Zercher squats already feel pretty fucking good (and forearm pain is insignificant btw) but zercher DLs multiply my test levels tenfold. It's amazing how one movement can have such a powerful, natural feel to it and be so largely ignored by arched-back-cucks.
I had never felt happy lifting until I tried zercher DLs. Up until then it was practice. When I discovered them, I just couldn't stop doing them. I'd do them whenever I passed my homegym's door. I felt like giggling like a teenage girl looking at Chad's profile pic.
hold something by pressing one hand onto each side, as if you were trying to crush it. it's actually something we do pretty often.

The hardest thing ever is lying in your attic, extending your arm, and trying to move something like a small can of pipe sealant without spilling it.
I feel like if I could paint a ceiling for 20 minutes without a break or fish a hammer out of a AC duct without struggling that'd I'd be a god.

I'm not sure this kind of strength can be trained without risk of injury, though.

>I know we give them shit for being a bit memey and "crossfit for fatties"

In all my years of browsing Veeky Forums you are the ONLY person EVER to refer to strongman in such disgusting, disrespectful terms.

Fuck you you weak ass piece of shit.

it's a pretty common expression.
it's called "bantz" you'll get used to it.

>honestly these guys are unironically probably the most versatile. I know we give them shit for being a bit memey and "crossfit for fatties" but yeah, theirs is a much more complete sport than oly or pl. I mean that's pretty obvious but still.
Well, there is nothing inherently wrong about crossfit. Nothing wrong with circuit training for example. People used it for ages. Nothing wrong with oly lifting excercises. But holy shit, crossfit is so bad in execution, especially in comparison to strongman.

relax

I didn't even know women were into strongman. kek
seriously though you type like a dumb tumblrina.
the kind that got raped and turned to strength training and now follows it like a cult.

yeah I think that refers to how strongman aims towards training different types of "strength" and leads to being a "jack of all trades, master of none" as the english saying goes
though it should be noted that big Z for instance was pretty much a master of all

>I can do 2/3/4/5 for AT LEAST 3 reps
post your 225x3 OHP video or fuck off, LARPer

>waaaaaah nobody is allowed to be stronger than me
also why would I have a vid of my OHP on my computer?

Zercher exercises are memes, just get a sandbag

I crush lift 4 skids on the right of way all the time and hold them out in front of me while i walk

they're not though. but sandbags are nice. maybe less scalable, require more stabilisation and not optimal to train carrying solid objects with set shapes, stones and stuff.
I hear sandbags are great for grappling though, I can see how that would be true. Anyhow, I've been looking into designing a sandbag fullbody for shits and giggles, would probably be pointless and yield inferior gains but if you don't have fun with your training what's the point.

like wooden skids?
sounds comfy, I always wondered how much it is possible to lift this way. i mean at one point your skin would come off I guess. also it's all about friction so it depends on the material you're lifting.
>tfw can't crush lift lmao4skids
life is suffering

so you can't do it, nice to know

I absolutely can tho. 110kg OHP is not such a big deal. I'm just not gonna drive to the gym at 1 in the morning and film myself like an autist just to prove a point.