Why do people have a certain amount of reps/sets for lifting they follow when you're supposed to "lift to failure"?

Why do people have a certain amount of reps/sets for lifting they follow when you're supposed to "lift to failure"?

you shouldn't really lift to failure on every set, just the last one

>this photoshopped picture is still being posted
lmao

What's the best way to determine a good weight lifting routine? I feel like it's so much easier to choose a cardio routine that works for you.

How do I know how many sets/reps to do, and with how much weight? I feel like there isn't a concise answer on this.

A girl 'mirin' a ripped dude is motivation, who cares.

a rep range is only there to help you choose a weight

You're supposed to lift the amount of weight you know you can only lift the number of reps you want to do.

my skinny bf is bigger than him, but he's just fucking a midget.

Pick something designed for your skill range, and as you do it, tweak based on how well you are progressing on individual lifts

Why has the same faggot posting race baiting threads all fucking day. Take this shit to /pol/.

This guy said it.
When you read a routine that says 4 sets of 10-12 reps, it means that you should not be able to lift the weight more than 12 times but not less than 10. The rep range you aim for will determine the amount of weight you lift, and you choose the rep range/weight based on your goals of muscle building or strength training.

Because dumb dumb, when you've achieved the set number of reps you then know when to INCREASE THE WEIGHT, then, you stupid idiot, you try to move the heavier weight for the same number of reps, if you don't get them all then you try again next time and when you get them all you once again know WHEN TO INCREASE THE WEIGHT. How would you measure progress if you just picked up the weights and moved it for a random number of times each gym session? Think for a second you fucking moron

It's to build muscles to certain (close to ideal) proportions. Otherwise you'd end up looking like a mutant

Lifting to failure destroys form. Consistently performing 95% of capacity will grow your shit and keep you safe.

Got any more pics of this guy?

Guys this thread is making my penis hard :)
Why is BMWF so beautiful?

STOP POSTING THIS PICTURE.

and if 10-12, your aim is to lift 13 every time, and keep increasing the weight when you succeed.

scene?

scene breh

you should never lift to failure

you can not end like this guy... period

>A girl 'mirin' a ripped dude is motivation, who cares.
She actually looks like she's disgusted by his umbilical hernia.

sure man.

However, this man have no umbilical hernia.

what kind of failure? complete?
why can't you rep until you break form or tempo?