How do you get over your existential angst and knowledge that your life will one day end?

How do you get over your existential angst and knowledge that your life will one day end?

Is turning to religion to give you peace from this aesthetic?

Who the fuck cares
Just leave the world in better shape for the future generations is my motto
Staying healthy means getting more things done and aesthetic is just a pleasant side effect

>your life will one day end?
I can't fucking wait. Until then I lift and try to put my dick in pussy.

I don't even believe in an afterlife, I am comoletely fine with going to the void we all come from, and I realized any 'spiritual' need I ever felt comes from a desire to put meaning where there is none, and can be satisfied through art and good experiences.

I actually like knowing I'm going to die. Have you ever really thought about how long forever is? I don't mind death, but I dread dying. I just hope I'm unconscious or sleeping.

Why do you care how you die?

>your life

I stopped thinking so small, OP. Your life, my life, these are meaningless. They have no value. They are objectively meaningless and valueless.

This is true for every human that has ever lived, is living, or will ever live.

Nothing anyone does will ever matter. This earth will one day burn and then the last human with the last vague memories of mankind will perish. Just one more empty, dead ball of dirt in the endless void. Floating for all eternity with no evidence of our existence. No memories, no ruins, just nothing.

Isn't that comforting?

Read "The Myth of Sisyphus" and "The Stranger" by Albert Camus, and "The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius"

>introduction to existentialism assigned reading list

How very basic of you.

As comfy as that sounds, I hope the singularity comes soon enough so that we (or future us) can explore whatever higher planes of perception are out there.

The guy is looking to turn to willful delusion. He needs basic.

> Veeky Forums - Fitness

Also, Absurdism is not strictly speaking existentialism desu.

The experience of nothingness after life will be the same as before you were born. Have fun in recognizing everything/one is simply the same actor playing different parts.

I've considered religion but I feel like that would just be avoiding the issue. I've had an ongoing existential crisis for years and it's affecting my life to the point where I have a hard time just leaving my bed for the past 2 years. I only lift so that at least I can feel like I'm making progress somewhere in my life. I tried living the hedonistic lifestyle for a few years but that was also just a distraction without lasting acceptance. I need to care about something in life but it's impossible when there's no point to existence. Please share your mindsets because I really need some new perspectives... and not just the "life doesn't matter so do whatever"

>Would rather die peacefully in his sleep than be tortured to death
LOL why dO U EVEN CARE how you die?!!? Its all the same !!!??

>How do you get over your existential angst and knowledge that your life will one day end?
By acknowledging that one day my life will end and that I shouldn't worry about it. There's nothing I can do to stop it, so why worry?
If I want to live forever than my legacy will be carried by my influence on the lives of others and the improvements I left behind.
Religion is only a bandaid.

ive always said life is either a tragedy or a comedy.
Ive embraced absurdism and try to live my life to collect unique experiences and distilled moments of clarity. I know millions of people have done these things before but i have to soak them in myself. I have a pretty stoic view, I believe you control your reactions to things and direction in life, and everything else simply, is. If you cant change it, then why worry? put forth all the effort possible, and let the chips fall where they may.

I dont have a coherent view of death. I guess i dont believe in anything after, all the codified ideas about anything that exist after crack under continued examination and really nothing spiritual ever "clicked" for me, despite being raised by christian fundamentalists who still think I'm a believer even though i moved away and stopped religious practice years and years ago.

I was recently diagnosed with cancer and it's making me examine my beliefs more closely. Ill be following this thread to learn more what you guys think.

Unless you're in the armed forces you'll probably not get tourtured

Heavy ass bench PRs. Either I make it and am happy for a fleeting moment, or the bar crushes me and ends it all. Win-win nigga.

Just enjoy every moment you can in life. Really observe daily life instead of just glancing quickly at it.
Take comfort in that death, even without an afterlife, will mean that there will be no more pain, worries, suffering, or fear for you to face.

>yfw nihilism was never meant to be a mindset in itself but a lack thereof you need to overcome on your journey to your purposeā„¢
>mfw I dont give a shit and just abuse myself and those I love until it inevitably bites my arse

/fitlit/ remnants, plus lifting was mentioned in-context like three times kek

Just because it won't matter in the future doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't matter now

some of the things ive experienced on psychedelic drugs lead me to believe theres more to life and death than we think. I'd rather be optimistic then jaded, about life. Even if life is just a self contained event, it seems best to make the most of it. Im still seeking , which is part of the fun.

knowing we all are gonna die at some point is enough to keep me Comfort.