D-did he name his method after himself?

stop spamming
stop advertising
stop posting
stop having a heartbeat

>tfw watching the videos and I still don't get it

help me i'm retarded

>tfw you realise you've always had great tongue posture without having to train

No way user Mewing was an ancient technique used by the Greeks and Romans to promote facial aesthetics. Dr. Mew just rediscovered this lost art, named himself after it, and now works to spread knowledge of this previously lost technique

>Close teeth and lip together
>Swallow the saliva in your mouth while pressing your tongue to the roof of you mouth
>hold it there unless you're talking/eating till the day you die

Thank you user, that was way simpler than watching any video.

Why does the audio suck so bad in every single one of his videos?

>swallow the saliva in your mouth while pressing your tongue to the roof of your mouth

Remember that you have to "dip" your tongue downward toward your bottom teeth to collect the saliva then use the tongue to draw it backwards towards the throat. After this is done return to normal tongue posture.

If you swallow while keeping your tongue stationary you are using your cheeks to create a vacuum which will suck the saliva to the back of the throat which will give you puffy cheeks baby cheeks (it exercises the same facial muscles babies use to suckle) using your tongue and throat only to swallow will give you hollow cheeks which look aesthetic like

>pic related

I struggle with this but this is a good description. Sucks hard having to correct bad habits. This is why I look like a fucking baby.

Also, to find the perfect spot for your tongue, do the "N" sound a couple of times (like saying the first two letter of the word enemy), the spot where you tongue is when you say N is the correct one. It should be just a little bit behind the front upper teeth but not touching them. After you place it there, you suck to the pallate like the void you make when you want to slap the tongue on the bottom making that clap noise. This should place the posterior part of the tongue on the pallate and expand it, giving you a wider face that grows forward not downwards.

How long have you been mewing?

Disciple of the Church of Orthotropics reporting in.

How long? Any results?

Close to one month, and at first I didn't feel a thing, the position was akward and later found that I was doing it wrong. Now that I think that got it right, I started to feel a little bit of fatigue on the chin this last week without even moving it. I have almost perfect teeth just a little bit of overbite so I don't know how much change I can expect. In any case, is a way to keep your teeth the best way possible and breath like you are suppose to.

Good luck

Your front teeth should be touching? Like a front bite?

no no dr mew was named after the ancient technique of MEWING

9 months, slightly larger cheekbones and the gap between my two front teeth on my lower jaw is narrowing. My airway is also clear as fuck.

No no, your front teeth should not touch, if you have decent teeth placement, just keep a light bite, dont clench the jaw because it will make it hurt and it can be worse for your teeth.

Idk about this. I've heard mew talking about antagonist muscles in your jaw. Basically your tongue pushing up should balance out any tension in your jaw. It's like walking where your quads and hams are both working to keep you upright but you don't feel shit at all because you're so used to it.

I've been doing this for two weeks. I notice my nose air ways are way more open than before. I breathe with ease through my nose and allergies have been a lot better. I feel like my chin is getting sharper as I am definitely losing my double chin. Very excited.

It can get discouraging when you forget to mew for awhile or when your mouth gets tired or when you just feel like you can't get it right.

The key for me has been to remember this is something I'm going to do for the rest of my life, so there is plenty of time to do it and do it properly. Eventually I will perfect it.

I don't expect miracles but being able to breath through my nose has made this all worth while already. Thanks Dr. Mew and thanks Veeky Forums. Life changing shit here.

Agreed dude, at the very least you improve your breathing and correct/maintain teeth placement. There's no reason to not do it.

so what I don't get is: does my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth just by the vacuum that I apply or do I additionally press it up there by the power of my muscles.

Also I have an overbite, so I consciously try to push my jaw forward while mewing, so my upper and lower front teeth are plevel. Because if I don't, I feel like the exercise actually ushes my jaw back.

Yes your front teeth should be together if I'm not mistaken. This means with overbite you need to push lower jaw forward.

I also do this exercise where I curl my tongue and push the tip into the roof of my mouth while pushing my jaw forward. Idk if it helps. Push hard with your tongue.

he said something about how your lips are essentially just muscle and can easily decrease in size with the right posture. does anyone know about this? what posture does he mean??

>mfw I've been unknowingly mewing for years out of double chin insecurity

He was named after a pokemon you pleb

>tfw making cat noises at work for past several months only now just watched a video on it

You can't reshape your jaw shape by doing some exercises in adulthood.

>Stephen hawkings face looks the same as when he lost control of his facial muscles

No it doesn't

Isn't that because his muscles atrophied?

Theoretically if you could restore muscle function to him his face muscles would eventually rebuild and he would look the same as he always had before his sickness.

No. Teeth together refers to keeping your upper/lower teeth together so there's no space between. You aren't supposed to be jutting your lower jaw out.

No, I'm pretty sure calling it "mewing" is an invention of sluthate.

Though I'm pretty sure Mike Mew posts on sluthate so maybe he coined it himself, I don't know.

Yeah his muscles atrophied, and the bones in his skull/face were reshaped because of it. If it can happen one way, it happen the other way.

So I can get the tongue in the proper position on the roof of my mouth. I can do the 'Mew Swallow' thing without moving my facial muscle. Still having trouble collecting all the saliva with just the tongue but your description helped with that.

However when I'm holding the tongue up, the suction in my mouth kind of sucks my tongue down and in between my teeth on the sides. I guess my palette is still too narrow to accommodate my tongue entirely. Does this fix itself over time or am I doing something wrong?
Also how long should I chew mastic gum for daily? I can't practice proper tongue position/swallowing while chewing.

No you dumbfuck. Dr. Mew is a third generation dentist and an orthodontist. He makes YouTube videos about and treats patients using orthotropics. According to him, mewing is the correct oral posture and over time COULD improve facial aesthetics. However NOT mewing could lead to further degradation of your facial aesthetics by way of vertical facial growth, i.e. your face growing downward. He makes convincing arguments but it is unlikely you'll ever be able to correct the damage that has been done from a lifetime of improper oral posture. You make make some slight improvements such as better nose breathing and less (or no) double chin. You won't become Brad Pitt.

Wait you guys havent already been doing this for years?

I always thought my face looked nicer when i was doing it so I just kept it up since highschool

I'm arguing the bones on his face weren't reshaped.

You aren't disproving anything I said. The term "mewing" itself I'm pretty sure was invented by sluthate and then adopted by Mike Mew, who at the very least READS sluthate, there is proof of this.

Consider the fact that he never used the term himself prior to his sluthate response video.

Fuck, I get these at low bf%, is it bad?

Here's the vid where he answers questions from sluthate, had to look quite a bit because "sluthate" is not in the description despite all questions being from there lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=U3owXWaV-I0

Nah you still look like shit

>How long should I chew mastic gum

I'd say 30 minutes a day is plenty for facial gains

If your tongue is getting stuck between your teeth your pallet isn't wide enough or you may have a malocclusion (with the proper occlusion there should be no space between the teeth when your mouth is shut "trapping" your tongue in.

The "trapping your tongue in" part is pretty vital with Mewing. When you press you tongue against your top pallet it makes your tongue "broad" and over time your pallet will widen due to the sides of your tongue pressing against your molars.

If you do have an occlusion you should see an orthodontist and see if they can help you get that straightened out. Having the proper occlusion is also a big factor in facial aesthetics

>if you do have an occlusion

if you do have a malocclusion*

Maybe his disease has higher effect in his physical state than mewing can have

The teeth touching part is what is confusing.

Are your front teeth suppose to be touching each other or is it the back teeth?

You retards don't actually believe you can reshape your entire face by putting your tongue where it belongs naturally, do you?

Like crabs in a bucket.

this

worked for me, it's not gonna make dramatic changes overnight. But over the course of a few months you can expect to see some small changes, especially my masseters got a lot more pronounced.

Will my jaw look larger ?
Any effect on the chin ?

>16:33
Completely and utterly lost it

Suggestion for OP of next mew thread

No, It's only a good thing

>tfw mouthbreathed until I was 13
>tfw still ended up with a defined jawline
Dodged a bullet Veeky Forums

>mike mew is from Purley, Surrey
>I'm also from Purley, Surrey

Yes you can

T. Face surgeon

Try snapping into the correct position when you mew, remember it's about the back of the tongue, not the front. Follow through when you mew.

The aesthetic purposes are to just to convince desperate people who want better looks, essentially they are getting more than what they asked for. Mewing does not exist solely aesthetic purposes.

>first read these threads a few months ago
>started thinking about my tongue's position in my mouth
>now I can't not think about my tongue's position
>constantly aware of my tongue in my mouth

This is hell. I had no idea how annoying it would be to constantly be aware of your tongue in your mouth.

No, thanks. I'm doing that weird Japanese exercise instead.

which one ??

Last reminder

I'm sure 90% of you are mewing incorrectly
You have to remember the key points
>Face not in use
>Tongue is not only holding the head up, but preventing the ENTIRE nervous system from being damaged.

And here's a personally tip of advice when mewing: The heart is not meant for loving

>but preventing the ENTIRE nervous system from being damaged
im sorry you had a stroke

The heart what ?

I used to have an overbite, so my dentist recommended having two teeth pulled to make room and braces. I was about 15 (many years ago, I'm an old fag) at the time and some what of a mouth breather. The dentist took a before pic and I was shocked at how bad my profile was, had never really payed any attention to it before. I became concerned and studied my self in the mirror to see how I could make it better and discovered that if I pushed my tongue towards the roof of my mouth and breathed through my nose all the time, I looked slightly better, so I tried my best at doing that. That combined with the braces saved my friggin' profile. My teeth line up just right now and I have a jaw line, good times.

>inb4 nice blog post

Yes it is hell

Luckily I have a boring as fuck job so just sitting here focusing on my tongue placement really passes the time.

I'm this user
It's super annoying to begin with, but trust me, just stick to it and it will become second nature before you know it.

English isn't my first language apologies.
But I'm sure you were smart enough to understand what I actually meant.

Is this the new method now? Dentist fags can't prevent people from mewing so they convince them to "do" both. lol

If you aren't what I think you are, you know that mewing undoes what braces have done to your face right?

Where do I put the tip of my tongue? Do I rest it behind my upper teeth or do I put the entire tongue on the roof my mouth?

just watch the videos, its explained with pictures and what not

>If you aren't what I think you are
wat?

It's been more then 15 years since I got my braces off, and my teeth and jaw is doing great. It hasn't undone anything.

lmfao jesus you're a retard

Found dental Jew

Then you're a liar
A fraud

Why does the back of the tongue need to be up if it wont push the maxilla forward?

k

Chewing+Mewing = The Gains

"Chewing will train the masseter muscle. As you push your mandible, and the lower teeth, into the upper teeth you will be causing an upward and forward force. Because of the sheer strength of the jaw, this will loosen up bones which are improperly seated to receive this pressure. The body will respond to both this pressure and the feeling of the teeth being misaligned. "

the-great-work.org/community/main-forum/chewing-on-something-besides-gum/

>14,000 Years ago
>Not chewing hard raw food
>Weak ass jaw berry picker as fuck
>Watch Properly developed men fuck 99% of the female population
>Should've Mewed

His bones have obviously reshaped. No muscle/posture working on the bone caused this melting looks, the bone reshapes with time and force.

It's like the idea of : Is your belt holding your pants, or your pants holding your belt?

The bone and muscle adjust overtime to accommodate to eachother. You are unable to consciously control the bone adjustment, but you can adjust your muscles to their proper function and the bone will follow suit slowly.

You're gonna control my bone adjustment with that boipussy

im wonderin this too

front teeth seems more logical cause it draws out the chin, but this all seems like meme/broscience stuff anyway

Front teeth

Idk it's coming from a legit orthodontist and I can personally attest to it helping breath from the nose. Beyond that I cannot comment.

>there are still literal retards falling for the jaw gains meme
Mike Mew's mother is a jaw beast, genetics bless

I've been mewing for a few hours now, my tongue and jaw no longer hurt from maintaining this uncomfortable posture

This.

Does anyone else have a metal bar behind their bottom front teeth? Because I feel like it's going to hold back my mewing gains

found the retard

I've started eating plenty of carrots, big ass carrots, daily, multiple times a day, and my jaw has gotten stronger.

Eating hard food, grab a carrot and suck that dick

"carrots"

wtf? that's what i've been doing my whole life

you tards don't do this?

What if I suck on my gf breast a lot?

Ok so watched some videos when there was a previous thread about it.

I'm intrigued.

The fact that his father has a long face makes me skeptical if his methods apply to grown-ups. I'll try it for a couple of months, though and see what I can get.

Will doing this make me beautiful?

From the previous thread: what's facepulling?

Probably you fucking retard. Ever heard of the Heimlich maneuver?

Henry Heimlich came up with it.

Who killed her?