Let's talk about increasing life span and general health...

Let's talk about increasing life span and general health. I myself lift but at my age I'm looking to improve my health rather than rack up more plates on the bar.

From what I've read so far the main points are

- calorie restriction: you don't need 2500 calories, people on low calorie diets (1200 for example) can be healthy until very old age

- don't overload on nutrients: the whole 5 fruits and vegetables a day is unnecessary. 200 grams a day is enough when varied

- protein: i understand most people here want muscle, but we don't require more protein than what's in a bit of chicken or fish one in a while

- supplements: not required

- exercise: only frequent but moderate exercise helps (golf, walking). rigorous exercise has negative effects

Will post sources if you ask.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.wisc.edu/monkey-caloric-restriction-study-shows-big-benefit-contradicts-earlier-study/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/no-fap-more-like-no-fucking-way.html?zx=5c392185e96536fa
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are_07.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation#Health_effects
europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838(16)00377-8/abstract/ejaculation-frequency-and-risk-of-prostate-cancer-updated-results-with-an-additional-decade-of-follow-up
webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20040406/frequent-ejaculation-prostate
urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/prostate_cancer712.php
frequenturinationinmenexplained.com/ejaculation-and-prostate-cancer/
m.joe.endocrinology-journals.org/content/52/1/51.short
answers.webmd.com/answers/5004889/what-nutrients-do-you-lose-when-ejaculating-or-masterbating-do-you-lose-testerone-
healthtap.com/user_questions/1294935-how-long-does-your-body-take-to-replace-the-nutrients-lost-by-masturbation
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17520786
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/05/if-youre-not-regular-fucking-sleeping.html
chaosandpain.com/tips/lucid-dreaming-rules-cultivate-crazy-gainz-and-have-insane-dreams-with-olympus-hypnos-and-binaural-beats/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150412-longevity-health-blue-zones-obesity-diet-ngbooktalk/
who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im not particularly interested in sources, but thanks for offering

What about intermittend fasting? You could eat one 1200 calorie meal a day and get the most benefits

If you want to increase your life span go plant based and fast often.

Yeah the normal strategy is eating normally one day, then fasting the other. Fasting usually means 400 calories, not starving. Here is one recommendation I read, one day you could eat

>one egg
>half avocado
>few walnuts/almonds

>don't overload on nutrients: the whole 5 fruits and vegetables a day is unnecessary. 200 grams a day is enough when varied
???
>exercise: only frequent but moderate exercise helps (golf, walking). rigorous exercise has negative effects
you mean frequent intense exercise?

also all you efforts are for naught
longevity is determined by lifelong close social groups
if you're here you don't have that

From an evolutionary perspective, we survive longest when acting as though in nature. This means eating small amounts sporadically, and trying to preserve the energy from that. Most of this food is berries, greens, and fish.

Humans also walked a lot throughout the day. Getting your heart rate over 100 or lifting heavy weights is not something we would voluntarily do.

news.wisc.edu/monkey-caloric-restriction-study-shows-big-benefit-contradicts-earlier-study/

You're absolutely right. If you're stressed or depressed you have much bigger problems.

Here are the main things in common with places where people live longest

Family – put ahead of other concerns
Less smoking
Semi-vegetarianism – the majority of food consumed is derived from plants
Constant moderate physical activity – an inseparable part of life
Social engagement – people of all ages are socially active and integrated into their communities
Legumes – commonly consumed

Any stacks for healthy living that we can't get from food alone?

low test depression thread

since said we can engage in evolutionary biology aka just make shit up, high test is so you'll sacrifice yourself to preserve the group
it gets you so high you actually want to do it

What do you think causes low test here?

>protein: i understand most people here want muscle, but we don't require more protein than what's in a bit of chicken or fish one in a while
Bullshit
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>rigorous exercise has negative effects
Also bullshit
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562558/

>Eat more protein, sleep more, workout more/harder than you already do, have more sex and fap more when otherwise not having sex
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/07/no-fap-more-like-no-fucking-way.html?zx=5c392185e96536fa
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/enough-already-sex-and-baddassery-are_07.html
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation#Health_effects
>europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838(16)00377-8/abstract/ejaculation-frequency-and-risk-of-prostate-cancer-updated-results-with-an-additional-decade-of-follow-up
>webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20040406/frequent-ejaculation-prostate
>urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/prostate_cancer712.php
>frequenturinationinmenexplained.com/ejaculation-and-prostate-cancer/
>m.joe.endocrinology-journals.org/content/52/1/51.short
>answers.webmd.com/answers/5004889/what-nutrients-do-you-lose-when-ejaculating-or-masterbating-do-you-lose-testerone-
>healthtap.com/user_questions/1294935-how-long-does-your-body-take-to-replace-the-nutrients-lost-by-masturbation
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17520786
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/05/if-youre-not-regular-fucking-sleeping.html
>chaosandpain.com/tips/lucid-dreaming-rules-cultivate-crazy-gainz-and-have-insane-dreams-with-olympus-hypnos-and-binaural-beats/

Do you realize there are 5 million studies in the medical literature and you can find anything to support your claims?

Do you want me to spam you with more studies that prove you wrong, cuz I don't think you'd read them.

Here's one you should read

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

The articles you posted don't even address longevity!

As a person that works in hospital as a trainee surgeon to treat Head and neck cancers, why would anyone want to elongate life beyond 80+? The majority of people are either with it mentally however are chair bound or mentally not without. It's very rare to see that person who is biologically young whilst at that age.

Guess the answer is get better genetics.

Longevity is about slowing down ageing. If you live till 100, then at 60, you will probably feel and look younger than a person who dies at 60.

Nobody cares about being in a care home at 90. The goal is to be physically and mentally fit well into your 60s.

I'd truly rather die a few years earlier than be starving and weak for my whole life.

lol just go vegan brah

>t. meatheads who call others pussies for improving their health

enjoy your cancer. by the way i hunt for fun.

>Do you want me to spam you with more studies that prove you wrong
No because you don't have anything to prove me wrong
>cuz I don't think you'd read them.
I don't have to to know that they're bullshit. I know you clearly didn't my post
>Here's one you should read
>This level of hypocrisy and projection
>Consistent fitness, exercise and proper nutrition over a lifetime is not related to longevity

>enjoy your cancer.
enjoy your memes
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

>
>calorie restriction: you don't need 2500 calories, people on low calorie diets (1200 for example)

I literally cut on 2500 calories and I'm a manlet.

Some of us actually lift and do cardiovascular activities. Not of us all want to be be pompous sedentary liberals on 1000 calories.

I'm really not, I've been into fitness for almost a decade. My usual diet is 200 grams of protein per day.

But recently I've been reading about the Blue Zone and fasting.

There's two main things to consider

The first is the calorie restriction studies. For example, here's one news.wisc.edu/monkey-caloric-restriction-study-shows-big-benefit-contradicts-earlier-study/

The other is the observational studies done in populations with low caloric intake news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150412-longevity-health-blue-zones-obesity-diet-ngbooktalk/

Plus the hundreds of short term fasting clinical studies and their health benefits.

This isn't a long term thing, it's a bit like intermittent fasting.

Sorry but the world health organisation is a more reputable source than some gym rats on reddit.
who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/

I'm an aging researcher at the Glenn Institute. Here's the golden nugget of truth about longevity.

>mTor is killing you. Caloric restriction reduces mTor signalling. Rapamycin reduces mTor signalling. Methionine and Cytosine (sulphur) depletion reduces mTor signalling.
>mTor kills you by increasing cancer rates, chronic inflammation, cardiac hypertrophy, and promoting protein aggregation in the brain.
>Exercise increases mTor signalling but also reduces all of the above overall. So exercise is good.

So far all I've told you is that eating less and working out will make you live longer (+ Rapamycin which is a potent immunosupressor so you might not want to take it daily).

Umfortunately, this is all the field really KNOWS. I can write books on what the field is guessing or thinking, but this is the only thing we're really sure of.

The bad news is, your maximal lifespan is limited by your genomic stability. Doing the above makes you more likely to die of 'natural causes' at 85 or so, rather than fall into disease and circle the drain for 10 years before dieing at 85 anyways aka "Compression of Morbidity".

Also, my boss patented the reservatrol drug and I did my PHD on it. It is completely and utterly bullshit. Most of our data is if not out right falsfied then it's heavily cherry picked and filtered. IT DOES NOTHING.

>Limited evidence means that a positive association has been observed between exposure to the agent and cancer but that other explanations for the observations (technically termed chance, bias, or confounding) could not be ruled out.
Hmmmm

ive been sprouting broccoli and freezing them.I add blue berries to them in a smothie. Dr Rhonda Patrick is who I learned that from , she's been on the Joe Rogan podcast 4 or 5 times.

How the fuck did he have her on 5 times? That's 15 hours of content. I'd watch them all but I don't wanna listen to Joe Rogan talk about BJJ for 10 hours.

>she's been on the Joe Rogan podcast 4 or 5 times
that's not really making the case for her snake oil you know

>Fasting usually means 400 calories, not starving.

No it does not.

Stay away from most plastics
Intermittent and occasional fasting is good.
75%plant 20%meat 5%fruit diets work
Excess sugar of any kind will cause numerous negative effect
Excessive sitting and laying down is bad for you
Excessive activity is bad for you as well
Too much body mass will shorten your life
Every major injury you get takes time off of your life
All premade/fast/junk food takes months off of your life

Basic calisthenics some stretching and walking is litterally all you need in terms of exercise.
And the exercise should be seen as upkeep and a way to shake out all of the kinks and help find repair and recover weaknesses and injuries that you accrued.
Anything else is gravy.

Find something that is physically and mentally stimulating to do. Like playing a sport and puzzles or reading. These keep you active and focused.

Keep and build relationships. Do not force yourself to have them if you can't handle them. Simply keep as close to your family and friends and lovers as you find comfortable and or find people who are on the same wavelength.

Find some form of spirituality. This has been shown to have multiple positive psychological emotional and physical effects.

Learn how to deal with stress. Both emotional and physical. Stress will kill you just as quickly as a bullet.

They're some fucking idiot that shitspams their garbage blog and a host of other links they barely understand in multiple threads throughout the day.
And for some reason the mods will not fucking ban them.

Just hide their posts and move on.

The common factor amongst those people is that they lived poorly throughout their lives but they had the genetics to live a long life in spite of it.

We aren't discussing cheats to live longer. We're discussing strategies to live long and well.

yeah being on the Rogan podcast is not highly regarded by some but she is a scientist who seems honest in her quest for health and longevity

This is pretty much what I've read.

Although I have a question, having kids I think is one of the most stressful things. It's not just an event like family deaths or divorce, it's 10 years of constant chaos.

In the long term not worth it, you have get a few moments of happiness then they grow up and leave you.

>eating little food irregularly
Sounds like starving and living in very scarce times

fasting means 0 calories you idiot.
if you want to do it right you do like, 18 hours of not eating then 6 hours of eating / day

Nigga this ain't a health board anymore

>Fasting usually means 400 calories
Enjoy your insulin spike

Enjoy your low energy fool

Actually, children and a family has been shown to be a great way to extend life as well. Properly raised children in a stable environment that is.
Also said children will help you when you get older. The recent trend of throwing the older generation away into retirement homes and families splitting up and moving away from each other is sort of pushed by vested interests.
Multiple generations of people living in one space and pooling their money and resources and knowledge together and not out going into debt buying half hazardly and being talked into all sorts of things is a bad thing for many people.

Be nice to your organs. Heart healthy Mediterranean diet will pull the slugs out of your ass for your cardio as well, but that is only one organ.

Your liver is complicated as shit. Sugar is bad for it and a bunch of fats, even saturated ones can be good for it. Kidneys I don't even know much about. Protons aren't great for the kidneys, but this is Veeky Forums so I expe3ect to catch shit. When you go for your 1g/lb keep in mind that is lean body mass, so subtract your bf%. Also, you probably only need like 70% of that to get 90% of the benefit. Time proton intake with your recovery and even that is not a problem.

Basically, just eat what tastes good unless it is sugar, because that only tastes good because it is addictive. Starches are similar, just filler that you want to take with fiber to be nice your... pancreas? endocrine system? You know, that blood sugar glycemic index shit.

Your organs. They're important.

Also, holy shit, do neck bridges so you don't get hunchback. Do deadlifts too. Posture racks up quality of life points like mother fucker later on. Keep your legs working. I see gran taking babysteps across the parking lot and it makes me want to stretch until I die, but I don't know if that would actually help. You don't see animals with fucked legs in the wilderness. A broken hip is a death sentence for old humans for the same reason.

>you don't need 2500 calories, people on low calorie diets (1200 for example) can be healthy until very old age
LOL
Yeah enjoy being a skeleton