>promotes the release of IGF-1 and HGH
>preserves muscle mass
>literally melts fat away
>gives your digestive system a break
>better mental clarity
>ketones are used for energy
>your body still produces the glycogen it needs

Why don't you faggots water fast?It's literally a hack

I fast anywhere from 24-48 hours from time to time and i lose tremendous amounts of fat(around a pound per fast) and you don't even have to pay some kind of price

It's pure magic

because I intermittent fast 1 meal a day post workout so I can make gains aswell as lose weight rapidly

I 20 hour fast, 4 hour eat every day. I love it.

>preserves muscle mass
H2O prevent muscle atrophy? Woweeeee

Your mussles need proteins

given that you workout

I'd rather diet and exercise. Not only is it easier but it's also a lot less distracting. Last time I fasted I couldn't stop thinking about food, I'd see it in my mind's eye no matter where I was.

Because studies have shown that natural spikes in HGH and Test do literally nothing for muscle growth, because they're still within natural levels.

And good luck lifting heavy with no food for the last 2 days.

>fasting
>keep muscle

you can only choose one you faggot

>working out without any form of energy
>muscles recovering without any protein
>mfw

Dehydration is not good.

OP is a faggot

So if you lose so much fat from this and it's so easy and all, you must be pretty lean right, like 5-7 bf?

You erd the man. Water puts a halt to atrophy thereby speeding up the inevitable heat death of the universe. H 2 fucking OOOOOOOOOO shit son, water is magic

This is how you make it

>fasting
pure meme

I did read a research on how intermittent fasting can trigger fat-browning, but that's all I found

Heels yehhhhh it works. Insulin levels drop, fat cells converted into fatty acids, pounds of fat drop per week.

>Water fasting
OP straight up trying to kill people, who hurt you bro?

Proprietor of /fast/ general here

>promotes IGF 1

no you stupid nigger fasting kneecaps your insulin and IGF levels, IGF is one of the most potent drivers of cancer and the tradeoff in IGF for HGH is completely worth it. Since you'll have more muscle mass from all the HGH, any IGF floating around in your bloodstream will get taken in by your muscles and not your organs, which is a much better scenario than it is for most americans where their shit diet causes uncontrolled growth all the damn time.

You niggers need to head over to the general, read the links, and learn your shit instead of spreading misinfo

Neither is retardation.

t. brainlets

Water fasting means that you don't eat anything, only drink water (mixed vitamins and salts for longer fasts.)

Kek

Your muscles go into lockdown once your blood insulin drops below a certain point, fasted workout causes stress that causes your muscles to soak up any floating IGF and HGH and wait for you to refeed. The moment you do refeed, your muscles are fucking going at it. Other nice side effect of fasting is 1) you don't need as much protein because of autophagy cleaning you out and 2) Less DOMS

For someone trying to bulk this winter is it worth to fast like twice a month? I need my calories.

You generally fast to lose fat. If you want to bulk I don't think it's good idea, maybe when you do a dirty bulk, this way you lose extra fat.

This is why squatting heavy doesn't make your biceps bigger

Why not, just eat more when you eat.

Maybe not if you're a twink that sucks at eating, but if you're an experience bloatmaxxer that can slay a large pizza in

That's a lot of non scientific buzzwords you just dropped there. Got literally any peer reviewed evidence?

>buzzwords
You are using that term as a buzzword, genious.

so you're telling me it's a good idea to lift weights and workout while in a fasted state?

It's like lifting on keto

>attacks words rather than providing evidence

Sure thing m8

post a pic of you OP, then we'll talk about the effectiveness of "Water fasting"

i don't see why not. just got to learn to read your body. you start getting light headed? take a break. you won't have as much strength or power when fasted, because your body's glycogen stores in your muscles will have been used up. you won't have that sudden burst of energy but you will have endurance. fasting is basically trading power for endurance.

Yup.
True.
I tried it many years ago.
Dizzy, shaky, tired, after 3 sets.
Fasting long hours if for losing fat.
When you want to lift, eat prior, and after.

but you have way more endurance when you eat carbs , that's retarded .

Thinking about doing 14 days fast , got like 30lbs overweight , any thought on it ?

Whats your sleep cycle like. as detailed as possible please?

Water is a fundamental requirement for life to exist so yeah son it kind of is magic.

take electrolytes and go for it

how are you going to have more endurance on carbs when your body uses it up for energy then stores the rest as fat that your body can't even access because it relies on carbs?

Carb & fat usage is always a spectrum , it's not one or the other Wtf , why does so many people seems to believe you can't run on both at the same time .
If you don't deprive your body of carbs a man with full glycogen can go for about 2 hours of biking / running and that's if he don't eat during it , you can still replenish around 90g of carbs per hour , carbs is essential for performance in endurance sports , you don't want to rely on fat because it doesn't allow you to sustain good intensity .

have fun being a skinny fat faggot, just lift more and diet. Also, have fun shitting pure water.

14-16 hour fast everyday so i can get through training ( 2.30 hours of kickboxing daily is impossible without carbs) and on sundays 30 hour fast.

It allows me to eat like shit and drink on saturdays and stay around 10% bodyfat all year long. If i want to cut extra hard for the summer i add 3 km swimming in the morning fasted. It takes a week of this to get shredded.

And on top of that i'd like to add that most of the "fat adaptation " endurance athlete do is not really "fat adaptation" but " carbs sparing adaptation" , the only reason you want to burn more fat is to spare more carbs because they're the one who allow you to push yourself

so hypothetically if I woke up one morning, worked out and didnt ingest anything (except water) for the next 24 hours, id make great fat loss without muscle loss?

The "muscle sparing" is total bullshit
The HGH spike it here to prevent muscle breakdown but it's not even enough to fully prevent it , and these retard extrapolate Hard as fuck and believe it's good for muscle .

understandable, but would I see more muscle loss in a day with 500 cal deficit or a day of water fasting. Because obviously water fasting would burn a fuckload more fat, but I dont want it to be at the expense of more muscle loss than just a basic cut

Sleep
9:00pm - 10:00pm
10:00 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
12:00 - 01:00
01:00 - 02:00
02:00 - 03:00
03:00 - 04:00
04:00 - 05:00
AWAKE

One day of water fasting wouldn't 'cause much problem if the previous & following day are at maintenance , and in the end it would yield a higher daily deficit than 500 a day and would probably be easier .

Yeah, make it into depression.
I lift because I enjoy it. I'm not a masochist who starves myself.

and here you conflate starving yourself with fasting

out you go, there's the door

i'd like to do this but work prevents it so i'm reduced to 18:6 pleb

This made me smile, thank you