On 3rd month of SS

>on 3rd month of SS
>Squat, Deadlift, and OHP keep going up every session no problem
>bench is dragging at a snails pace
Anyone have any idea what the fuck might be going on? And before you say "le SS meme has no bench volume," it has equal the volume of OHP and my OHP is progressing just fine!

bad form. using your shoulders more than chest. shoulders aren't growing fast enough to keep up

Do you have long arms? It hinders bench a lot compared to other lifts due to ROM and leverages being shit. OHP doesn't suffer as the leverage is more advantageous due to narrower grip.
You could consider using a narrower grip for bench for now. It will probably mean dropping the weight a bit to begin with, but you will see improvement in the weight you use. However it will mean your triceps are very dominant in your pressing. So do extra chest work aside of bench ideally, like cable flies or dumbell benching.

honestly that could be it but i think my form is just fine. yeah it could be better but i dont think its bad enough to halt my bench progress. i have other gym goers form check me and they usually say im fine

uh idk im pretty sure my arms are average

le SS meme has no bench volume, faggot

your front delts are being stimulated three times a week, because all pressing regardless of angle uses front delts (OHP heavily, bench fairly heavily as well), triceps are getting stimulated three times a week (bench heavily, OHP moderately), while the sternocostal head of your chest (the one relevant to bench press) is being stimulated either once a week or twice a week

so should i add in assistance work that wont fuck with my other lifts or should i just bench more

tfw 90kg for 5x5 today
:)

both

how do you recommend i modify the program for bench without decreasing OHP volume and intensity?

pls i sincerely would like some help

Cause SS is garbage

What are your numbers at? I ran SS until I stalled at 185 for bench, 120 OHP.

ive been running it for almost 3 months. my lifts went from (in lbs)
Squat: 95 ->275
Deadlift: 115->315
Bench: 90->135
OHP->65->115

am i fucked?

SS is a strength program

Do PPL

ppl is as bad as a brosplit if youre doing it 3 days instead of 6. And OP seems like hes training for strength so he shouldnt not run a strength program, dummy

Everything but bench seems pretty good to me

thats why i posted the op. my bench sucks compared to everything else and i dont know why

And he's complaining about strength faggot.

Mad

Form, I can guarantee its your form.. I had the same issue when I started working out.

Just spend a session, really working on your form and it should help..

I found personally, I held the bar to closed grip and wasn't bringing the bar down in a diagonal direction, I fixed it, and boom, Bench got easier.

Add 3-4x10-8 incline bench, or flat DB bench or incline. Do it as an accessory after your main lifts on OHP day.