Pic related is undoubtedly the best accessory exercise for Squats and Deadlifts

Pic related is undoubtedly the best accessory exercise for Squats and Deadlifts.

Prove me wrong Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w_7UaXfsbaw
strongerbyscience.com/everything-you-think-is-wrong-with-your-deadlift/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GHRs, it's like a hyperextension BUT MORE

>GHRs?

>GHRs
god i hate faggots that abbreviate little known terms

>Not doing CRWPs
Not going to make it.

>Hypers
>Not reverse hypers

glute ham raise

youtube.com/watch?v=w_7UaXfsbaw

glute-ham raise dumbass. you should know that

I do good mornings with a relatively low weight, my backs as straight as fuck

hyper feel amazing
really want to try these too

most people squats are limited by weak quadriceps so no, additional glute work will not help.

Most people deadlifts are also limited by weak quads or starting position. That guy who catbacks hyperextends his knees and can't lock out? He's overusing his lower back and hamstrings because the other muscles are weak

That's absolutely not true. Most people have over-developed quads compared to their posterior chain. In fact, if people would focus primarily on there postchain, then their squat would shoot through the roof.

>Cat back
>Overusing lower back and hamstrings

nope.avi. It's a sign that the back isn't strong enough to support the weight when the erectors are flexed.

>most peoples squats are limited by weak quadriceps
this is correct
>most people deadlifts are also limited by weak quads
full fucking retard

People that have this machine in their gyms are the luckiest fucking cunts in the world

Reverse hypers are amazing. Especially at the end of the workout.

show me a person who keeps his back perfectly straight off the floor, and then suddenly has trouble at lockout, then.

show me someone fail a squat who doesn't go into a good morning type position. You see this position because the body is attempting to displace weight from the quadriceps and onto the posterior chain. They fail because they lack adequate knee extension torque.

Not always but I'd say this is the majority, but particularly under the circumstances I've outlined which are common form errors.

Good morning squat = weak quads
lower back flexion off the floor = weak quads

strongerbyscience.com/everything-you-think-is-wrong-with-your-deadlift/

rounding lower back off floor is indicative of weak glutes or hamstrings (or maybe even erectors), but not quads

quad strength is almost never going to be a limiting factor on conventional deadlifts, knee extension ROM is absolutely tiny in the deadlift and the joint angle the quads begin to act from is so mechanically advantageous that there's just no fucking way your quads aren't going to be strong enough

for sumo deadlift it's more of a possibility because the starting angle is different and the rom for knee extension is much greater (even though overall ROM is shorter), but for conventional it's not happening

>a properly performed deadlift with the bar close to the shin until it clears the knee, has an external moment arm for the knee extensors with a length of basically zero. As an aside, that’s a major reason most people can deadlift more with a trap/hex/diamond bar – your knees can shift forward so your quads CAN actually contribute substantially to the movement, rather than being constrained by keeping the bar in front of you and the shins essentially vertical

>A lot of times when people round their backs unintentionally when lifting heavy loads, they’re afraid it’s because their back is too weak. However, more often than not, the opposite is true. Their back is strong enough to lift more, but the hip extensors aren’t, so they unintentionally round their backs a bit so their hips will have an easier time producing the required torque to lift the bar.

I would add that excessive knee drift backward out of the whole IS a sign of quad weakness off of the floor. Either that or a poor setup. But yeah from the standpoint of that article I could see a case being made for glutes

>quad strength is almost never going to be a limiting factor on conventional deadlifts

that depends on your leverages and how high your hips are when you break the floor. Me personally - have a significant torque at the knee when I deadlift because my arms are short as fuck

>Squats limited by quads
Often true, especially with people on say SS, where their posterior chain development outpaces the anterior, particularly with a low-bar dominant style. As mentioned, it is a common cause of good-morning style squats. Can be fixed by doing front squats on some days instead.

>Deadlifts limited by quads
Not so much, usually this is more a question of posterior chain, as mentioned by the later posters. Obviously it can happen, but knee and hip angles are different so lead to different forces, hence quad dependence being less.

Because what if the weak link in your deadlift is your hamstrings or glutes? Yeah they're getting loaded to a certain extent but not nearly as much as the erectors.

torque at your knee is totally insignificant compared to how hard your hamstrings and glutes need to work - i'm not disputing that quads do something in the deadlift, i'm just telling you that the chances of quad weakness bottlenecking your conventional deadlift are fucking astronomical
knee drift backwards/bar drift forwards is indicative of weak hamstrings or glutes (back rounds, positioning breaks down) or erectors (just can't keep back straight) or just shitty setup

idk why people are continuing to argue this, quads being a limiting factor in a conventional deadlift makes absolutely no sense from a physics standpoint
also to add to this, if you have long femurs and squat with a lot of forward lean your quads will not be getting sufficiently trained by squatting alone, which makes this even worse

I legit thought that was a dude at first