Should skinnyfat people cut or bulk first?

Should skinnyfat people cut or bulk first?

Other urls found in this thread:

anymanfitness.com/should-i-re-comp-nah-why-dont-you-look-for-a-rainbow-colored-unicorn-instead/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they should workout

cut at about 400 below your TDEE while eating a fuckton of protein and, most importantly, working out

recomp

> bulk
if you think you can afford to look chubbier and not look bad, ie usually lanklets

> cut
if you think you would look better skelly than chubbier, ie manlets

anyway, you should work out

Cut. Please listen to this advice.

as a former lanklet, bulking will work as well

but do not expect compliments for the gains until you cut after bulking

btw it was nice listening my colleagues saying things like: 'user was a chubby when last year but now look so buff"

even tho I'm legit dyel for fit standard

read the sticky you stupid faggot. bulk + cardio

can get noob gains if you cut

*food for thought*

What establishment is this pizza from
I want it

that's a boy right

bulk for 3 months, hard cut for 1 month

yes

this

I bulked and hated myself even more

What if you're skinnyfat and also underweight for your size? Do you cut into even lower weight or bulk to reach healthy weight?

The answer is body recomp. The cut/bulk cycle is exclusively for people at the highest end of fitness. Everyone else should either hard cut and do cardio or body recomp.

winter is coming FFS you guys should bulk till mid Feb then cut hard

I don't know why no one ever says it this way. You should just eat like you were but make better choices. Example being snack on high protein shit, like yogurt etc.. if you want pizza then fuck it eat pizza. If your truly skinny fat then you'll be fine. Just prioritize getting stronger and getting in volume. After that just be patient

god please no

sry

Get as big as possible. Dieting is for women.

Why not just eat at maintenance until you plateau

How though

Listen to me user, cut. I fell for the bulking meme when I was skinny fat and regret it.

Listen to me user, bulk. I fell for the cutting meme when I was skinny fat and regret it.

Cut. For the following reasons

>I feel it is much easier to put on muscle when you can see it
>It's easier to activate the right muscles when you can see them working
>You will get mires/support if you get leaner (people seem to mire defnition more than size).
>Assuming you workout (if not, go fuck yourself), then noob gains will kick in regardless.
>Clean bulking after a cut is the easiest thing in the world. If you're skinny fat, it means you can already stuff your face. I wouldn't trust a fatty with not going overboard if you tell them to eat at a surplus.
>Finally, fat is sabotaging your hormones all the time. Losing fat increases your test, reduces your estrogen, increases your metabolism, and improves your energy. Better lifts, better gains, better bulks.

Looks similar to the Domino's Philly cheese steak

eat at maintenance, lift and most importantly read the sticky

This is 100% true.

I started as skinnyfat and then I inadvertently cut. I thought I was just "getting in shape" but I don't think I actually put on any muscle.

Just did meme programs like P90X and Insanity.

I was DYEL when I was done, but at least I was defined. It helped.

Pic related, my skinnyfat cut

Fuck me dude I look a lot like that right picture and feel like shit, my arms haven't grown at all in months yet I gained 15 pounds. I still feel so damn small

Depends but usually cut. It does wonders for your sanity and self confidence which are very important when you are just beginning to lift. Bulking afterwards is great because you see instant results, ie 3 months lean bulking you'll already see great gains. Bulking when skinny fat kind of sucks because the gains aren't as noticeable and you can lose your confidence and drive pretty quickly when the only thing that looks good is the weight you are lifting.

You bulk and you are not skinnyfat, your a Skelly with no muscle mass

How long has it been?

A lot of it may just be BDD.

Have you measured?

It depends where they are in their lives. I was skinnyfat, bulked to about 250, 25%+ bodyfat. Then I cut to a pretty solid 205 and I look and feel great. But honestly when I went through the bulk I had a girlfriend and still met girls that were in to the whole "dadbod" thing so I never felt that insecure about being fat. So if your mind can do it, bulk. It will help your compounds and the cutting can come after. If you do well skinnyfat, follow someone else's path. I wouldn't recommend anyone get quite as fat as I did though. But build a base of muscle before you drop to 155.

Lad, speaking from personal experience here. It is never worth getting fat.
As much of a nightmare as it is to lose some strength and cut down to where you look skinny af, it's never any better be above 22% ish bf.
Don't let Veeky Forums warp your mind into believing that skinny is as unattractive as being fat. Being skinny isn't great, but your heart, general health and jaw line will thank you for it.
As other anons have said, clean bulk is very easy to do and it will promise some good gains. Still workout while you cut ofc. But don't start bulking until you reach 12% or lower bodyfat.

Skinny fat people should lift weights

These

Recomping is okay. But results take forever and the whole process can be demoralising. If you do want to go down the recomp route, I'd recommend doing IF at either 18:6 or 20:4 with a caloric surplus on your training days and a deficit on the off days. Try and get a weekly total deficit of a few hundred calories though

I've measured. 12-12.5 inch pathetic biceps since 3 or 4 months ago but I've definitely gained 15 pounds of muscle (been measuring that too). Need to eat more calories but it's been tough lately

I probably had 12-12.5" biceps in that pic. Maybe 13.

I'm around 14.5 to 15 now. I did a lot of isolation work after my main compound lifts. I think weighted chinups helped me a LOT. I did a lot of skull crushers, rope pushdowns, hammer curls, and supinated curls. Supersets and dropsets helped too.

This is the truth. I started out and went the bulk mode and it was a painful experience.

Counting calories is proof positive that you aren't working hard enough. The only, ONLY people who ever need to count cals/macros are athletes meeting weight restrictions..

I got outstanding results in 1 yr from skinnyfat and I only cut for a few days when I got too dirty with my diet and got jiggly. the "abs are made in the kitchen" meme boggles my mind. If you're lifting purely to look a certain way, then realize you are still not an athlete and you will always look like shit until you stop worrying about diet and focus more on actually murdering yourself at the gym.

Can you snatch your bodyweight? Sprint 100m? Do sets to failure every day? Then don't bother with dieting because your willpower sucks and you deserve to look awful

cut

because if you bulk first
>reduced life expectancy
>more stretch marks
>more look like shit

Depends on goals and how much time they have. To be honest, I think they should focus on eating "clean" and a little more than normal and lifting, without autistically tracking calories.

But if I had to choose, slow bulk followed by a regular cut.

You should always cut. You'll still look like shit for some time because you will look like a skelly with a beer gut, but it's way better than bulking and becoming a fat ass with a beer gut. Also the more you bulk, the more you'll have to cut
Also if you're a beginner you'll still put on some muscle while cutting

R E C O M P

I used to be skinny fat. I kept my diet mostly the same and just worked out every day with some cardio. I saw results quickly.
My shirts fit a lot better

Just eat clean, lift heavy, drink milk, and recompose brah

personally id cut in that situation, then clean bulk up from skelly ensuring my bf% didn't get too high.

If you bulk, you risk increasing bf% and then needing to cut after your bulk.

It's easier to see where you're at with your gains with low bf%

this is the best option for any newbie. eating at maintenance (or at a slight -200 deficit) while progressing in strength (and building muscle) is easily accomplished if you have little to no lifting experience. When you've already "run out" of "noob gains", it become much more challenging and slow to build muscle while at maintenance or slight deficit, which is why cut/bulk cycles are often preferred.

If you're on the fatter side of skinnyfat (pretty much any person that refers to themselves as skinnyfat is) and have been lifting heavy for less than six months, I'd recommend eating at a slight deficit (-200 calories a day) while focusing on strength progression with a good beginner program and adequate nutrition.

wannabe jon

>I still feel so damn small
You've become forever small when you first entered the gym

My favorite fucking angle for women. Holy fuck. Images like these just gets the juices flowing and I think of myself in the jungle fucking hot Amazonian pussy like Tarzan!

Entirely depends on how tall they are.

>Manlet
Cut and lift

>Tall people
Bulk and lift

Just continue eating like you do normally and work out. You don't have to bother with cutting and bulking until you actually have some muscle mass.

what about if you're near the manlet cutoff (5'9)

>women

are you more on the skinny end of skinny fat or the chubby end? if chubby, cut; if skinny, bulk

any ways, it should take just a few weeks to cut hard if you will, so it doesn't matter much which way you begin, just do what you think you'll feel better

tldr: cut hard, bulk slow

Eat healthy first

then continue eating healthy

Healthy is a buzzword. No food is inherently unhealthy unless it gives you food poisoning or cancer.

Most people aren't as autistic as you though, and can interpret it to mean eating the proper amount of macros/micros/nutrients

No, most people think healthy is synonymous with fruits, vegetables, salad and everything that is green. And everything with fat, sugar and protein in it is unhealthy.

>to mean eating the proper amount of macros/micros/nutrients
This needs to actually be spelled out to people. Most people don't know shit about nutrition. Healthy doesn't mean anything.

>the majority of people on a health and fitness board don't know what eating healthy means
Okay man, I guess you're the only smart one here. We're all so lucky for you to grace us with your presence. May I suck your dick for you?

Go be an idiot somewhere else.

>OP clearly doesn't know shit
>lets use language he won't understand

Yeah nah, you are the retarded one here

on the skinny end m8, im underweight BMI wise but have a bit of the love handles.
thanks for the advice.

>they should [noun]

What did he mean by this?

>workout
>a noun

please stop posting.

Eat as much as you burn. You don't have to do either. More than likely you're just plain fat though and should cut

Bulk
Don't be a pussy

>manlet cutoff (5'9)

>manlet cutoff
>5'9''

I have bad news for you, friendlet...

Workout can be both verb and noun you dummy. Like run.

You can go for a run (noun)

OR

You can run (verb)

Workout is always a noun.

Work out is always a verb.

Bull or cut fit. Someone here told me to bulk

Cut, of course. I wouldn't know too well, though, I started off as a real skinny cunt.

workout

Bulk if winter is starting, cut if summer is coming in 4-6 months. Easy advice, works everytime

Cut, no doubt

skinnyfags will live the longest due to the low strain on their cardiovascular system. there is no reason to bulk or to get muscular unless you are trying to compete with men for women and even then all you need to do is be cut and have a nice suit and dress style and a decent job.

you look at freaks like rich piana it didn't really do him any favors, a lot of wasted time in the gym trying to leave humanity behind

They should bulk. Recomp is a meme and you're just wasting your time. If you bulk first you'll be fucking shredded when you finally cut.

Is that a vein running up to your left nipple?

You may have Mondor's disease of your lateral thoracic vein.

>cut

What for? You have no muscle. Bulk and take full advantage of your noob gains then cut.

I don't think so but I guess I'll go to the dr

Ok that's what I was planning. Like bulking through the end of the year then start a cut

it is very out of the ordinary to see a visible anterior chest wall vein like that, especially since it is unilateral.

Am I going to die? Is there something I can do?

You should bulk until your lifts are intermediate. As a warning you WILL put on fat. But remember that is the entire point of bulking. A lot of skinnyfats when they start bulking get scared thinking they're putting on weight and stop. Don't do this. Bulk through to intermediate and then cut hard.

Thank you will do.

anymanfitness.com/should-i-re-comp-nah-why-dont-you-look-for-a-rainbow-colored-unicorn-instead/

This. A skinnyfat has enough fat to fuel gains for a while if they eat at or close to maintenance. You will notice your weight is not changing or it is going up and down a pound or two, but your strength should be increasing and your physique should be noticeably improved after a few months. If your strength is not improving, eat more. If it is improving, but you're getting fatter, eat a bit less.

The general ideal of eating 1g of protein per pound of lean bodymass still applies though, so watch WHAT you eat more than HOW MUCH you eat.

This, times a million. It's like you're completely invisible to girls when you go from skinnyfat to builtfat (or what you think is builtfat).

Ignore the guy playing doctor on the internet, you can't make diagnosis that easily. If it hasn't always been there, see a doctor to be sure it's not something more risky, but mondors disease is benign.

Don't take diagnosis from random people online so seriously, he's probably a first year med science student who thinks he's pretty much a doctor already.

IF YOU ARE SKINNY YOU HAVE NO MUSCLE TO CUT INTO. BULK UP

This. It depends on which side of "skinnyfat" you fall on.

Hes clearly overweight. Theres no reason to make himself more overweight by bulking when he can cut and easily make noob gains for months.

If you don't have man boobs yet:KEEP BULKING.
People get scared when they see a bit of fat on thier stomach but it is literally the easiest plade to lose fat.

Fuck is cutting by 800 cals too much
how much strength gains should I be seeing for noob gains? I've been lifting for a month but have only been able to bench about 10 pounds more from when I started

what if i have light manboobs but also have visible ribs

HELP

is 1,600 calories per day too low for 19/166.1pbs/6' doing a PPL 5/6 days a week? I'm about a month into this and it's not super difficult/have already lost ~8 lbs trying to get to 150/145 before clen bulking. Am I missing something or should I proceed with this until I /get there/? also which protein powder should I get that isn't creatine I primarily eat chicken beans nuts etc but still can't make 1 gram per lb

imagine how smooth her back must feel

>near the manlet cutoff (5'9)
You are a manlet. The cutoffs are 5'10 for manlets and 6'2 for lanklets