Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7QBMOyC_0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_1992
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_1996
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

muh southern strategy

Nixon fooled the country by claiming he's republican (liberal) but instead became a conservative (southern strategy). The southern US/bible belt were democrat(conservative) stronghold at the time, however they didn't like where the democrats were going. The last few democrat presidents advocated for liberal policies. This means giving civil rights to women, children, blacks, immigrants. Something the south bible belt hated. The reason democrats were going liberal was because republicans were liberal and they were popular.

McGovern was too left

Literally everyone hates hippies.

>Massachusetts

>Nixon fooled the country by claiming he's republican (liberal) but instead became a conservative (southern strategy).
This is too fucking stupid. Everyone saw Nixon as the conservative. He won because he was a prodigy facing an imbecile.

Attached: 1519263256460.png (811x628, 93K)

HOW?

Attached: elections.jpg (1432x636, 317K)

This is your mind on DNC Koolaid

>southern strategy
>literally wins the entire north minus Massachusetts

>Elected president
>John Quincy Adams
how

Attached: 1502998301170.png (404x1483, 275K)

Electoral College.

>still unironically repeating the southern strategy meme

youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7QBMOyC_0

>The reason democrats were going liberal was because

They had sold out the White working class, simply assuming they'd do whatever the Dems told them and were now backing every fringe kook element in the U.S.; feminists, Black radicals, Mexican migrants, homosexuals, etc.

The result was a popular back-lash against liberalism and the Dems and had Nixon not gotten wrapped up in Watergate, he would have gotten two full terms and been succeded by another Rep (and Reagan was elected after Carter's single term anyway).

It was the Dems arrogance and openly anti-American attitude that created the Conservative Republican movement.

Attached: Detroit Riot.jpg (1200x802, 204K)

>links to russian propaganda channel
>channel that was started purely to create conspiracies like pizzagate, hillary rigging elections, hawaiaan spam gang, socalism
kek

Social security was implemented by FDR. Medicare/Medicaid was added by Lyndon Johnson. Both help the working class. Especially those who are now old and benefit tremendously from those two program.

basically the same thing as the 2016 election

except now the country is so flooded with immigrants that trump barely won when it should have been a nixonesque landslide

are you trolling? His video on pizzagate says its all just a bunch of random shit that was blown out of proportion.

>not knowing what muh means

Conservatism always existed. In the form of southern democrats.

They were the losers of the civil war. Nice spin with history.

>we dindu nuffin
>it was just a prank

Yes how dare they end Jim crow and treat blacks as human.

>shitposting because youre stupid
ok

You need a majority of electoral votes, not just the most. If no one gets a majority, House of Representatives picks the president from those candidates who won electoral votes.

jim crow was better for both blacks and whites

What's the point of pointing out facts when you can meme instead?

>muh muh

there is only one southern strategy and it was started by Newt Gingrich in the late 90's and that is after the Veeky Forums deadline so gtfo.

Probably they were a bigger boon to the lower classes while the middle class, as it always must, footed the bill. Nixon was a man elected by the middle classes.
The middle class in this country still has a sort of pride that hesitates to take what hasn't been worked for.
>Social security was implemented by FDR. Medicare/Medicaid was added by Lyndon Johnson.
And this proves that their instincts were right. We're in the process of importing an entire classes of people in order to keep the whole ponzi scheme going.

> Social security was implemented by FDR. Medicare/Medicaid was added by Lyndon Johnson.

Which the White working class supported but in the 1960s, the Dems took that support for granted and started supporting kooks and "Blame America!" types, which pissed off regular working class Americans.

> basically the same thing as the 2016 election

A very similar situation, the hippies of the 1960s were the founders of today SJWs and just as today, many average Americans had enough of their shit.

The Mainstream Media likes to portray the 60s counter culture as a hip and cool movement supported by all Americans but that simply wasn’t the case.

> Conservatism always existed. In the form of southern democrats.

And when the Dem threw their support behind not only desegregation but out-and-out bullshit like forced bussing (50 year old here, who as a little kid was threatened with just that) those conservative Dems turned around and voted Rep.

> Yes how dare they end Jim crow and treat blacks as human.

Yes, how dare White people be offended by being called slavering racists and told they should pay out the ass for Black welfare, while Blacks mug them and rob their homes and the cops won’t do shit about it…

Attached: Detroit Then & Now.jpg (512x512, 61K)

>And when the Dem threw their support behind not only desegregation but out-and-out bullshit like forced bussing (50 year old here, who as a little kid was threatened with just that) those conservative Dems turned around and voted Rep.
This doesn't work when both parties are the same. What Nixon promised, what Reagan promised was more "state's right" to police the blacks and lock them up/shoot them/segregate again.

This is why its called the southern strategy.

This.
Clinton was still winning half of the south in the mid 90s.

That's the contract with America you retard.

And not surprisingly, the liberal Republicans changed to Democrats when Republican leadership turned against their constituents.

>watch me BTFO decades of scholarship and Lee Atwater’s own analysis of his work as a Republican political strategist with this YouTube video

The conservatives are playing a hide the ball game with their history.

>muh southern strategy
>southern states mostly vote democratic in local election till the mid 90's

> > those conservative Dems turned around and voted Rep.
> This doesn't work when both parties are the same.

It doesn’t matter what the party calls itself, it’s the policies they promote that matter and the Reps and Dems were not the same (at least on many issues).

The forced bussing issue is a perfect example of the derangement of the Dems in the 1970s and how they abandoned the White working class.

I remember being in 1st or 2nd grade and having the day off from school, as all the parents had flipped their shit over a proposed plan to ship use White kids from 95% White city of Warren MI to the 80% Black city of Detroit.

I went with my dad down to the elementary (he worked nights, mom days) where there were a 100 or so moms on the front lawn freaking out and screaming at school officials that their kids “weren’t going to Detroit so some niggers can be shipped up here!”

It was [this] close to a riot breaking out.

Attached: Boston-Busing008.jpg (2017x1175, 340K)

How can retards even spout the 60's southern strategy myth after looking at this map?

>Newt "jew" Gingrich
>southern strategy

Compare the two maps retard. New Gingrich started the true southern strategy not some made up shit supposedly started by Nixon.

Before Newt:

After Newt:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_1996

southern strategy B.T.F.O

how do people even believe that fucking meme

Dick is the best person to ever run for president. Without bias, though, the guy he ran against was a shitty candidate, and Dick wasn’t hated yet.

Both my dads claim to have hated Nixon before 1972, because of Vietnam.

>and Lee Atwater’s own analysis of his work
Atwater said that the so-called southern strategy was mere "backburner" work that only scored a few votes by using preexisting pary positions

>What Nixon promised, what Reagan promised was more "state's right" to police the blacks and lock them up/shoot them/segregate again.

Attached: 1519257399089.jpg (645x968, 153K)

Good

Can you blame them? Would you let your kids go to school in Detroit?

Electoral college.
Understand the difference between a republic and a democracy.

>not noticing his former running mate

this was actually a huge controversy at the time
they were running a fairly decent campaign when it came out that thomas eagleton (vp) had had serious depression and went to a mental hospital to get shock therapy because of it
it sufficiently spooked people enough, and changing tickets at the last minute didn't help
horrible loss, which is why you go easy on the honesty

>state's rights are racist
It's funny how liberals living in blue states are still against state's rights. You would think they would appreciate some protection against the Trump administration. But for liberals, it's all about forcing their own politics onto red states using federal power.

feelsbad

There's state's right and there's "state's right"

>rural voters are republican
>rural voters have smaller population
its not hard to figure out

>Both my dads
lmao

>he doesn't understand bait

Weak b8

>Reagan promised was more "state's right" to police the blacks and lock them up/shoot them/segregate again.

muh based black PEEPOO

Attached: Black-Party-Affiliation-and-Vote-Patterns.jpg (668x679, 128K)

> Can you blame them? Would you let your kids go to school in Detroit?

I don’t blame then at all, in fact I thank them, as I was going to be one of those kids getting shipped off to who the fuck knows where in Detroit.

But it illustrates the absolute insanity of the Dems in the 70s, that they’d try and force this on Americans and still expect them to vote Dem.

Attached: 0904_boston-busing3.jpg (1000x659, 242K)

Damn user that must have been an awful experience

>a democracy and a republic are mutually exclusive
>American education

>Damn user that must have been an awful experience

As I mentioned up-thread, () I was a little kid and didn’t really know what was going on but had it happened, it definitely would have been a horrible experience.

My neighbor across the street is 5-6 years older than me and his family didn’t GTFO out of Detroit until 1980 or so and he said he was getting beaten up almost every day, as he was one of the few White kids in his school.

As you can imagine, this made him virulently racist…

Attached: 134319213.jpg (1024x677, 383K)

>Cletus claims to want states rights
>BIG GUMMIT EVIL
>SMALL GUMMIT GOOD
>well obviously not social security, roads and the military
>and the VA, got to take care of our veterans SEMPER FI
>and I suppose we need the FAA to keep airplanes from a-crashin into one another
>and obviously we NEED Medicare, I don't make enough to pay for granny on my own
>yeah but I hate fags and women, so yeah overreach with gay marriage/abortion is fine
>and weed, ban that too
>and flag burning, I hate that shit
>and ban Muslims
>and everything else I don't like
>wow my ideal small government sure grew up mighty tall dinnit?

I will never understand how someone can have so little self-awareness that they can't see the extent of their own hypocrisy. Like, do you EVER think to yourself "maybe I'm not really for state's rights after all... maybe I just hate niggers?" I really just don't understand conservitards I guess.

lift bro you talk like a fucking girl

Racist in denial. At least /pol/ is openly racist. Trump is a cunt because he represents what we deal with in the North where the racists pretend they aren't. Here in CT, we say "At least in the South the racists acknowledge who they are."

I'd say the lower class you are the more likely you are to acknowledge things about yourself.
They just don't give as much of a fuck.

Well wealth is the real privilege in this country. Regardless of race, if you are rich you are powerful and live well.

I disagree. If you were unrepentant racists you wouldn't have to lie about why the civil war started, how bad Jim Crow was, and that you support don't really states' rights.

>Trump is a cunt because he represents what we deal with in the North where the racists pretend they aren't
Imagine being this subject to the whims of present culture

That's how people around here feel anyway. I just never understood why racists don't own up and try to excuse themselves. If blacks aren't human then don't act like you don't want to see them all dead.

>I never understood why people don't fit into my platitudemonger'd conception of life
Your indignation is awkward and insincere

I just think the most appalling sin in a person's personality is being dishonest with themselves and hypocritical.

>I just think
hhahaha no u dont u fat fag

>hypocritical about politics
So le cletus is like every other political group in America?

Bingo.

I wonder what happened in the 64 that reduced the black vote by ~30%.

Signing of the civil rights act which ended segregation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

More like gibs. The republicans had already shown themselves willing to support civil rights

Southerners voted for another southerner.

>how do people even believe that fucking meme
youtube.com/watch?v=X_8E3ENrKrQ

America is Flyoverocratic.

He says precisely the opposite here, that racism in politics was pretty much dead by this time.
Why is it that every time this questions is bough up, you people sprint to a cut up interview that doesn't even say what you're hoping? It's like you all get your info from the same few imbecile sources.

Nah, you're too honest for that.

>1936
Convenient timing. When the New Deal was announced, FDR won the support of Blacks. The President before him was Hoover, racist who would not even want to be in a picture with a Black. He was a republican. B-but you told me blacks voted republican and there was a southern shift in party. He was a republican, yet during his time, the republicans were mainly the "passive" party. The demagogue was the southern democratic party and the KKK/anti-black movement. FDR(from New York) effectively did a 360 on the racial policies that democrats from the south enacted, he effectively won over the Blacks and said to them "let me change your life for the better." They voted for him. He gave them support with the New Deal, set up social security, enacted a fair employment laws. Lyndon Johnson, a democrat, after FDR died, put in place a stronger medicare/medicaid package, effectively made African Americans into an equal citizen of the law by signing the civil rights act.

This is what drove the southern democrats mad.

>the "southern strategy" magically stops working if the Dems nominate a southerner
Holy goalpost moving

His name is literally McGOVERN!

>name is McGovern
>didn't get to govern
How can one man be this cucked

can u imagine if he had one and it became the federal McGovernment™

kek

>Delineating political systems according to the two parties you have in your country

I am 100% sure this is where the democracy vs. republic meme came from.

>republic and democracy are mutually exclusive
>america being the only country with an electoral college system isn't weird at all

Attached: 1511281359915.gif (480x228, 263K)

They want to believe something that makes them feel good.

My favourite Amerimutt meme