Is the total gym a meme? I'm an oldfag who doesn't feel like going to the gym...

Is the total gym a meme? I'm an oldfag who doesn't feel like going to the gym. The total gym in my house looks like it would be easy to do a quick workout on. I understand it won't be as effective as traditional weight lifting, but will it make me stronger and more fit? I fucked my shoulder up doing gay ass gymnastics shit at home so I'm not going back there.

>I'm an oldfag who doesn't feel like going to the gym

it's never too late to stop acting like an insecure autist

better off with a bench and some dumbbells than a gay flimsy rowing machine

whatever happened to bowflexxes?

Chuck Norris dyes his hair and beard and is 75 years old.
Also no. At least get a bowflex

The problem with threads like these is a lack of clearly formulated goals.

>will doing something be better than doing nothing?
Yes
>will this meme-machine make me stronger and fitter than the current baseline im at?
Yes

Do you want to be strong? Look strong? Lose weight? Be healthy? Have endurance?
All of these have wildly different optimal approaches and only some of them include your weird contraption

Buy three different resistance bands you can do like 50 different exercises.

I just want to be stronger, leaner, and have more energy for sexing the ladies.

Maybe I will look into a bow flex. That's actually a bretty gud idea.

Well then I suggest hiit, probably not running since you're an oldfag
Eat at a deficit but with alot of protein,
And do a proven calisthenics program.

Optimal woud be to go to the gym on non hiit days,
but since you 'dont feel like it' I highly doubt any of this advice is going to be follwed anyways

>bowflex

Is $1800 ain't nobody got time for dat

Also doesn't look very storable.

Fucked my shoulder doing push ups and handstand push ups. I'm never doing calisthenics again. I don't know what's wrong with it but I do know that pulling exercises like pull ups make my shoulder feel better and push exercises like dips make it hurt worse.

That's one reason why I was looking at total gym, it looks like I could do an assload of pulling exercises with it.

Bump any new thoughts? Any first hand experience?

I like for my arms and back. You can really focus on bi and tri's and back and back shoulders

The way it's positioned though it didn't really hit my upper or even my middle chest or my shoulders very good.

Get a Parabody Serious Steel 400 instead. You'll thank me.

And also forget about legs on it.
It's more of a toning health machine.

The problem always with legs is getting sufficient resistance and that's why barbell squats are king. However I do believe there is a weightbar attachment and a squat platform. Theoretically if you got some plates you could train squats decently from home with this.

just do barbell exercises and get a squat rack.

No room
You can fold this piece of shit and store it

mad stuff!

>I just want to be stronger, leaner, and have more energy for sexing the ladies.

A basic test cycle will do amazing things for you if that's what you want.

If only I knew how to get my hands on that. I'm not that old, only 35. Hopefully around age 40 they'll at least give me some test cream.

He looks fuckin amazing for a 75 year old dude.