First time doing squats

>First time doing squats
>Only do 40kg squat
>5 sets 8 reps each
>Legs get so destroyed that I can barely finish the rest of the leg exercises
Tell me it will get easier from here on out Veeky Forums

>First time doing squats

what were you doing before that

Started working out 2 weeks ago. Mostly did exercises on machines when it came for quads and hamstrings. Decided to try squats today, didn't really it would wreck me this hard.

Don't sweat it bro. We've all gotta start somewhere, so just focus on form and small progressive overloads

kg squat
sets 8 reps

How much did you do when you started, friend?

no worries my friend, keep working at it

please focus on your form, don't add too much weight, make sure your form is alright. Don't visit snap city like I did when I first started (thankfully returned after some time but still)

My point is that starting off with 5x8 is idiotic.

I envy you brother, that soreness is a sign from your body that a legendary journey has begun: remember what Churchill said: if you're going through hell, keep going!

Keep at it!

Why?

>tfw cant squat for knee pain
>tfw cant sit down on a couch that's below parallel without using my arms to take strain off of my knees to avoid pain
>tfw an 80 year olds knees at 21
t-thanks squats
>inb4 your form was wrong it's your fault
Maybe so, all I want is proper knee function again. I'm also extremely reluctant to give up squats because i crave the leg size and strength.
/blog

It does get easier. Try 5 sets of 5 reps instead. Just hit lmao2pl8 squat today after a few months. I know it's not much but it's more than most of the normies at my uni gym. Felt fucking great. It's worth it to keep going OP.

you're going to make it brah. It does get easier (kind of but you have to push through it). squats have become my favorite exercise.

thats what happens when u start with 40 kg.

I squat 30 and press 30 ayy and enjoy the slow steady progression with perfect form.

no it isn't

>tell me it will be easier

WAIT TILL 1 1/2 DAYS FROM NOW WHEN YOU ARE CRIPPLED FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK

40kg total or in both sides? Asking for a friend

chuckled, did so many times

One side was 60kg, minus the 20kg barbell = 40kg

what

Wait until you have need to go down multiple flights of stairs. Leg day can be rough man, just keep doing it. We're all gonna make it.

>first time squatting yesterday
>barely manage to do 3x8 30 kg (bar included)
>unable to walk today

the first time always HECKS you up but it really does get easier

trips confirms new plate math

It will get easier OP, I started 3 years ago at 3x5 with 30kgs

With some on and off training periods, currently I am at 3x5 with 175kgs.

Consistency is the key, returning after a month off is the worst part, as everything hurts again, but it goes away faster.

Keep going at it!

should've just started with the bar and focused on perfecting your form
your form is only going to get worse from here, i hope you realize that before you injure yourself trying to egolift

it is too much volume for your first time and will just give you horrible doms

>newfag
>doing 5x8
You had it coming bro. 5x5 is well enough for a beginner.

When I started I could only squat the bar, then I stopped doing squats and occasionally did leg press and calves because I do cycling and quads are already very big

Someone send help I can only do 3x5 at 165lbs on squats and can't fucking progress. It's weak as fuck but where going from the bar to this point was just generally "this is heavy but I can do it" it has now become "this is too fucking heavy I can barely finish my set if that". I tried deloading but now I feel as exhausted whether I do 165 or 135 what is wrong with me

Squat more often, it gets slightly easier

Just keep it up. Failure is not a sign of loss, but something to learn and grow from.
Also always remember form>weight. You'll always get more gains this way.

yeah it'll get easier if you don't pussy out like a fucking faggot bitch and quit. I don't give a fuck how much it hurts you do those squats boy.

you're going to get horrible doms anyway and the increased volume will allow you to practice form. Better than fucking your shit up trying to do 3x5s with bad form.

How much are you eating? How many hours a night are you sleeping? Have you had your form checked? How long are you resting between sets? What is your height and weight and age?

are you grills? You adopt to squats really fast, you can go up 5kg/10pounds each new training sessionfor 2-3 weeks

While men were going trough hell Kikechill was smoking cigars and snorting cocaine. What a dickhead

I didn't egolift. I practiced several times with the bar before I put the weight on. I just wasn't feeling any effect with the bar alone.

Try 3x5 with some warmup sets.

Keep going user we're all gonna make it

I remember my first time squatting. I lived in a third floor apartment. My life was agony.

nigga i couldnt even get to proper depth when i started
couldnt even ohp the bar
could barely bench 25kgs

just got to 1/2/3/4 about a year and a half later. dw about it nigga just keep on working

>tfw from Downeast Maine
>tfw that picture is accurate

after a few weeks you wobt even have doms

Literally me

in a month or two
>40kg will seem light
>5 sets of squats will get you into the groove
godspeed user

Are you progressing on other lifts? For me (and most beginners) squat is easiest to progress